Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
I'm no longer undecided on ZT. The guy has got to go.
(12-13-2021, 01:03 PM)Housh Wrote: I don’t like hindsight and calling guys bad only after they’ve already failed. I also don’t like calling coaches bad when the team isn’t blocking and fumbling 3 times. I just can’t do it.

All i can say is all any logical person would say. We ran too damn much and didn’t guard Kittle. Those were bad decisions.

You really think we "decided" not to cover Kittle? I think it's more of We couldn't; we tried, but we failed. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:00 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Totally, it's a roster with talent. I'd imagine some veteran coaches who've been around the league would love to get their hands on a Joe Burrow lead offense.

If Taylor goes this is what I'm hoping.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:47 PM)GodFather Wrote: You say that all the time and you are wrong. I remember you saying he would be gone last year and when he stayed you went mum. 

Uh, no.  I never said the Bengals would get rid of Zac after just two seasons.  Post a link or STFU.

(12-13-2021, 03:47 PM)GodFather Wrote: He isn't going anywhere, since when does Mike Brown care if fans go crazy? If he did Lewis would've been gone many many years before he finally did.

Lweis was gone as soon as he had 3 straight losing seasons.  And Taylor will be also if he has a losing record this year.

Not all of the fans were screaming for Marvin to be replaced when he was going to the playoffs every year.  Pretty much EVERYONE wanted him gone after 2017, but before that it was more of a vocal minority.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 04:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lewis was gone as soon as he had 3 straight losing seasons.  And Taylor will be also if he has a losing record this year.

Marvin Lewis was gone after the Bengals lost to the Browns twice in one season. I don’t see Zac Taylor surviving in Cincinnati without a playoff appearance. Not even a 9-8 season will save his butt.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 04:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, no.  I never said the Bengals would get rid of Zac after just two seasons.  Post a link or STFU.

Lweis was gone as soon as he had 3 straight losing seasons.  And Taylor will be also if he has a losing record this year.

Not all of the fans were screaming for Marvin to be replaced when he was going to the playoffs every year.  Pretty much EVERYONE wanted him gone after 2017, but before that it was more of a vocal minority.

[Image: alert-siren.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 04:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You really think we "decided" not to cover Kittle? I think it's more of We couldn't; we tried, but we failed. 

I'm sure they "tried" but TBH no player is uncoverable if you commit enough resources. With how much their offense flows through Kittle you do whatever is necessary - even put two defenders stuck tight on him like glue. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 04:37 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Marvin Lewis was gone after the Bengals lost to the Browns twice in one season.  I don’t see Zac Taylor surviving in Cincinnati without a playoff appearance.  Not even a 9-8 season will save his butt.

He'll be here with an over .500 record.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 04:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not saying we blanketed Kittle to death, but literally 4 of those catches were ridiculous catches on horribly-thrown balls, where he bailed out Garoppolo.

There were a good 3 catches (if not more) where we dropped the ball (not literally) on him in coverage.

The last time we were there, in 2017.

I have zero recollection of that game. I was going through some shit that season, and missed several games. I didn't see the 4th down TD to Boyd that put the Bills in the playoffs. Anyway... I looked it up, and we've only won our there 3 times. They aren't the most daunting team this year, but I'd say they're on par with SF.... My confidence is low right now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'm not opposed to a new HC after this season, but I honestly think Taylor would be a good, if not great, HC if he stopped calling the plays. Let Callahan take over the rest of the season and then, if he shows nothing, get a new OC and let THAT guy call the plays.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 04:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I know I'm in the minority here, but I like Taylor as a head coach.  Now, before you block me or kick my ass, I HATE him as a coordinator.

The players play damn hard and they never quit.  He obviously has the team's respect and they play for him.

But, why the hell can't we just go hire a top offensive mind with some creativity to do things right on offense?

Im in the Camp of if hes back next year they need to give someone else playcalling duties.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Im in the Camp of if hes back next year they need to give someone else playcalling duties.

If Zac had any balls, he would bring in Jon Gruden as Assistant HC/OC next year. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If Zac had any balls, he would bring in Jon Gruden as Assistant HC/OC next year. Ninja

LOL. he would be always looking in rear view mirror that Gruden would get his job, just like when they looked at Del Rio as Defensive Coordinator.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:50 PM)kalibengal Wrote: LOL. he would be always looking in rear view mirror that Gruden would get his job, just like when they looked at Del Rio as Defensive Coordinator.

I was thinking more of the entertainment value considering how Gruden "left" his most recent team, but there's that, too. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Im in the Camp of if hes back next year they need to give someone else playcalling duties.

100%.  I just don't see any quit in this team.  That speaks to his leadership.  The slow starts and crap play calling speak to his poor coordinating 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Actually, with the roster Taylor has rebuilt, I suspect a lot of coaches would now be salivating to come in and coach this team. 

This.

We have the QB and that is the hardest part. Now that the front office has shown they are willing so send on free agents lots of coaches will be willing to come here.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 07:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

We have the QB and that is the hardest part. Now that the front office has shown they are willing so send on free agents lots of coaches will be willing to come here.

And add in the fact that they give coaches a pretty strong say in personnel.  
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've been back and fourth on him all year. This loss was the nail in the coffin for me. He needs to pack his bags after the season. He's not an asset to this team, he's holding them back.

As of now I’m on board with him leaving unless he let someone else call plays. He is not bad as Bill Lazor but he trending towards the same neighborhood imo.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If Zac had any balls, he would bring in Jon Gruden as Assistant HC/OC next year. Ninja

Well its fair to say that I would love this move. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm not opposed to a new HC after this season, but I honestly think Taylor would be a good, if not great, HC if he stopped calling the plays. Let Callahan take over the rest of the season and then, if he shows nothing, get a new OC and let THAT guy call the plays.

Agree with this

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:16 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I question some of the decisions that he makes. Some of them are pretty terrible.

I also have a ton of respect for him flipping the worst team in the league to a team that currently has a winning record and could make the playoffs this year.

I’ll wait to see how the team finishes before I ask for his head again.

Looking like a 9-8 to 8-9 season at this point. Before the season I predicted 6-11/7-10, with 8-9 being better than expected, so they’re likely going to exceed my expectations. 8-9 or 9-8 will feel like a letdown with the start they had though…
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote