Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
I'm no longer undecided on ZT. The guy has got to go.
I don’t like hindsight and calling guys bad only after they’ve already failed. I also don’t like calling coaches bad when the team isn’t blocking and fumbling 3 times. I just can’t do it.

All i can say is all any logical person would say. We ran too damn much and didn’t guard Kittle. Those were bad decisions.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Was I the only one calling the play when Stanley Morgan went into motion from one side of the line to the other? I doubt it. And if I see it coming then an NFL defense absolutely knows what's coming. The pitch to the outside worked against Poopsburgh but the Chargers and 49ers were all over it. That would of been a great time to pass out of that formation.
Reply/Quote
All I can say is if they do decide to shit can Zac tgey immediately go and hire Eric Bienemy or a coach with experience.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:17 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: All I can say is if they do decide to shit can Zac tgey immediately go and hire Eric Bienemy or a coach with experience.

I don't want Bienemy either. Give me a coach with a successful NFL Head Coaching record. I know, the next questions are who is available and would they even come to Cincinnati. Bienemy may be upset he never got to call the plays at KC and want to do that here. I want coordinators that actually call the plays and a HC that is observant enough to inform his coordinators what to look for or change in real game time.
Reply/Quote
You have Joe Burrow, Ja'Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd and CJ Uzomah on offense. No disrespect to Joe Mixon, but how the **** do you not attempt at least one pass play in the red zone in OT? HOW??

Burrow marches the team down the field and then you take the ball out of his hands. Unforgivable, and Taylor doesn't have an excuse anymore.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It has been almost 30 years since a Bengals coach returned after3 straight losing seasons.

Don't know why so many people think this happens all the time.

If Taylor finishes with a losing record he is gone.  A losing record means we finish 3-7.  Fans will be screaming for blood if that happens.

I guess if you look at the past, Shula to Coslet and then Coslet to LeBeau reflects coaching changes occur during the season under Mike Brown's watch. So perhaps Mike lets Zac start the '22 season even if he ends '21 with a losing record?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:21 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I guess if you look at the past, Shula to Coslet and then Coslet to LeBeau reflects coaching changes occur during the season under Mike Brown's watch. So perhaps Mike lets Zac start the '22 season even if he ends '21 with a losing record?

LeBeau to Lewis.....      

The worse move has been Lewis to Taylor... Time to move again
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:27 PM)Mer Wrote: I don't want Bienemy either. Give me a coach with a successful NFL Head Coaching record. I know, the next questions are who is available and would they even come to Cincinnati. Bienemy may be upset he never got to call the plays at KC and want to do that here. I want coordinators that actually call the plays and a HC that is observant enough to inform his coordinators what to look for or change in real game time.

What a amazing concept... If taylor is back next year they need to take playcalling duties out of his hands...   if he protest just replace him
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: LeBeau to Lewis.....      

Yea, but that happened after the season. LeBeau finished the '02 season with a 2-14 record. Shula started as the coach in 1996, but was replaced by Coslet after 7 games. In 2000, Coslet was replaced by LeBeau after 3 games. So if Zac finishes the year with a losing record, might he possibly come back for the '22 season? If he returns, do we see a repeat of history where a slow start leads to his firing?

Of course, LeBeau to Lewis possibly reflects a change in philosophy to take care of the coaching business during the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It has been almost 30 years since a Bengals coach returned after3 straight losing seasons.

If Taylor finishes with a losing record he is gone.  A losing record means we finish 3-7.  Fans will be screaming for blood if that happens.

3-7 is bad, but losing the last 6 games of the season should be inexcusable. When's the last time we won in Denver? We beating KC? If Lamar is out, we've got a decent chance at that Baltimore game. At Cleveland in late December or early January? That's an L. This team's in trouble.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:27 PM)Mer Wrote: I don't want Bienemy either. Give me a coach with a successful NFL Head Coaching record. I know, the next questions are who is available and would they even come to Cincinnati. Bienemy may be upset he never got to call the plays at KC and want to do that here. I want coordinators that actually call the plays and a HC that is observant enough to inform his coordinators what to look for or change in real game time.

Actually, with the roster Taylor has rebuilt, I suspect a lot of coaches would now be salivating to come in and coach this team. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: LeBeau to Lewis.....      

I been tellin' them Xeno, been tellin' them for weeks now.  Even after we destroyed the Ravens, I wanted him gone.  Even made a stupid poll.  If you watch the games, really watch the games, he absolutely sucks as a play caller.  Worst I've ever seen.  Period.

And sadly, this organization will piss away the careers of Burrow, Chase, Mixon and so on, as per Bengal protocol, just like great players from our past.  There's a reason this team only has one member in the HOF.  And the reason is we've only had a (maybe) handful of good coaches.

You give someone like, right off the top of my head, Sam Wyche, this team and I'd lay odds we'd be getting a ring.  These are some of ZT's, actually almost the entire team is ZT's.  He's had enough time to improve.  He's not improving.

Some of you will throw stats and crap at this post.  Don't care.  I'm not really joking here, I'm starting to get fed up with this whole team.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 02:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Actually, with the roster Taylor has rebuilt, I suspect a lot of coaches would now be salivating to come in and coach this team. 

Totally, it's a roster with talent. I'd imagine some veteran coaches who've been around the league would love to get their hands on a Joe Burrow lead offense.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor Logic.. " Let's take the ball out of superman's hands and give it to Clark Kent"....
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:00 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Totally, it's a roster with talent. I'd imagine some veteran coaches who've been around the league would love to get their hands on a Joe Burrow lead offense.

Ya, the big problem here is Mike Brown and how the franchise is ran.. All the elite players in the world won't change that...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 03:02 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya, the big problem here is Mike Brown and how the franchise is ran.. All the elite players in the world won't change that...

Well whoever is making the big calls now choose poorly for Head Coach... thats for sure.
Reply/Quote

You say that all the time and you are wrong. I remember you saying he would be gone last year and when he stayed you went mum. 

He isn't going anywhere, since when does Mike Brown care if fans go crazy? If he did Lewis would've been gone many many years before he finally did.
Reply/Quote
So I remember a lot in these parts who thought Lewis would've gotten more wins with the team Zac took over his first year.

Last year was a wash with injuries.

Would those who felt that way about the first season think that as well for the current one?

No. I don't want ML as coach.

Yet if the FO wanted a step up... this is not it!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 01:03 PM)Housh Wrote: I don’t like hindsight and calling guys bad only after they’ve already failed. I also don’t like calling coaches bad when the team isn’t blocking and fumbling 3 times. I just can’t do it.

All i can say is all any logical person would say. We ran too damn much and didn’t guard Kittle. Those were bad decisions.

Not saying we blanketed Kittle to death, but literally 4 of those catches were ridiculous catches on horribly-thrown balls, where he bailed out Garoppolo.

There were a good 3 catches (if not more) where we dropped the ball (not literally) on him in coverage.

(12-13-2021, 02:39 PM)jason Wrote: 3-7 is bad, but losing the last 6 games of the season should be inexcusable. When's the last time we won in Denver? We beating KC? If Lamar is out, we've got a decent chance at that Baltimore game. At Cleveland in late December or early January? That's an L. This team's in trouble.

The last time we were there, in 2017.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I know I'm in the minority here, but I like Taylor as a head coach. Now, before you block me or kick my ass, I HATE him as a coordinator.

The players play damn hard and they never quit. He obviously has the team's respect and they play for him.

But, why the hell can't we just go hire a top offensive mind with some creativity to do things right on offense?
Reply/Quote