Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I'm officially done with the GD thread
Since I live far away from Cincinnati (where there are very few Bengals fans) I love the GD threads. They let me watch and react to the games in real time with other Bengals fans. I get irrational and I definitely expect the worst but I do it not get personal with others. I may have a disagreement but that’s part is what makes it fun.
It gives me somewhere to discuss and vent during the game. I don’t attack others/post stupid racial comments but I know I have posted emotional spur of the moment stuff that was probably pretty stupid.

No big deal because at the end of the day it’s just my reactions to a football game. I actually admire those who say they don’t get worried/fear the worst with this team. After all these years I tend to expect them to blow it. I think the current team may help me not feel this way but it’s going to take more seasons like this one to do it.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Who are you again?  Cool

I'm down for a HoF member to HoF member friendly banter. Popcorn
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Well, I like the Bengals more than I like my wife, sooooo....

This BS right here is why I've been in the doghouse for the last couple weeks.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This BS right here is why I've been in the doghouse for the last couple weeks.

You could always win back favor with a gesture. Instead of flowers get her a Bengals t-shirt and maybe a Burrow poster.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This BS right here is why I've been in the doghouse for the last couple weeks.

She's so unreasonable sometimes......

"Can you stop Bengaling and help with the kids?"

"Stop talking with your online friends and make dinner!"

"You haven't showered in 4 days...turn off the football.."
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Okay.....

The GD thread is what it is - which is reactions in the moment. I suspect the next one will be a lot less down no matter the game outcome because they got the monkey off their backs last Saturday. WHO DEY! NEW DAY!
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 10:58 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Sorry, after this past weekend when people were just assuming we were going to lose EVEN THOUGH WE HAD A 10 POINT LEAD LATE IN THE GAME, I'm just done with posting in the GameDay thread. And it wasn't just 1 person (though it was mainly 1 person). I just can't do it anymore. I'm tired of people "letting their emotions get the best of them" (I bet they wouldn't let someone get away with a racial epithet if that person's emotions got the best of them) or trying to cover up stupidity with "it was just sarcasm, dude."

It sucks, because it can be a place to share laughter to share ref-bashing, but there are fewer and fewer optimistic-minded folk like myself left (I'm not the only one, but there's only a few of us that post there regulary) and I'm enjoying the thread less and less.

So, maybe I'll stop in from time to time or maybe we'll lose the Titans game and I'll forget to not post there next season, but for at least the rest of this postseason, I'm done with the goddamn GD thread.

I didn't try to post in Game Day during Play-Off Game.  I had no time for Tappa, Tappa, Tappa.  I wanted to watch THE GAME.  You can't really watch game and be typing at same time.  Plus I never see what others type on there, it's hard enough to type what I'm saying during a game.  Play-Offs just seemed an awful time to go on Game Day typing.  I will say that I was nervous in the 4th quarter and Raiders did have the Big Mo and were mounting a comeback like they did on Chargers.  Plus so many Bengals went out of game on Defense, Plus no Play-Off wins in 31 years. RELIEF when Pratt made the Big Play in the end zone to end Raiders game tying drive in last 20 some seconds. 

I'm on a slow moving lap top and no way I can see what others are typing. Hard enough to type in my game thoughts.  I would never go Game Day Thread in a Play-Off Game, because Play-Off Games are special and I want to Watch The Game, not Tappa, Tappa, Tappa. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:26 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: She's so unreasonable sometimes......

"Can you stop Bengaling and help with the kids?"

"Stop talking with your online friends and make dinner!"

"You haven't showered in 4 days...turn off the football.."

Yep, I get all those and then some...

"Are you drunk again? It's only 1pm!"

"Can't get you to cook dinner, but your excited to do so for the Bengals party."

"I haven't seen your Johnson in 6 weeks!" (Baby, With all the beer and food, I haven't seen it in 6 weeks either).

"I can't believe you bought the dog a jersey."

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:14 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Reread my post because you missed the entire point.  I specifically stated I respect everyone’s opinions when it comes to the BENGALS and not a thread complaining about other fans.

My exact words: “ I respect others opinions whether doom and gloom or rosy when it comes to their views on the Bengals.”

Jungle Noise
The place to discuss anything and everything related to the Cincinnati Bengals

Again, what does OP’s rant about leaving the GD thread have anything to do with the Cincinnati Bengals?

While you may not like what you feel is the intent of the OP, but the fact is that a number of members have been able to share their thoughts, including yourself, on the topic of Bengals GD threads...comprised of Bengals fans...involving Bengals games. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: Okay.....

The GD thread is what it is - which is reactions in the moment. I suspect the next one will be a lot less down no matter the game outcome because they got the monkey off their backs last Saturday. WHO DEY! NEW DAY!

I'll be holding you to this haha.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep, I get all those and then some...

"Are you drunk again? It's only 1pm!"

"Can't get you to cook dinner, but your excited to do so for the Bengals party."

"I haven't seen your Johnson in 6 weeks!" (Baby, With all the beer and food, I haven't seen it in 6 weeks either).

"I can't believe you bought the dog a jersey."

We should just get them to hang out and leave us alone. Think of all of the benefits....

We could watch the game together.
We could drink beer together.
We could completely ignore them while they talk shit about us together.
They could watch the kids, the dog, and make dinner together, while leaving us alone. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:44 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: We should just get them to hang out and leave us alone. Think of all of the benefits....

We could watch the game together.
We could drink beer together.
We could completely ignore them while they talk shit about us together.
They could watch the kids, the dog, and make dinner together, while leaving us alone. 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=16262743]

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'll be holding you to this haha.

You have more faith than I do. Dude will be calling it a good season by the third drive.
Reply/Quote
Those saying they can't type and enjoy the game, I was in the same boat. I would have the thread up, but really unless something exceptional happened my posts were during commercials. I guess the GD thread is good for one thing if nothing else, it shows who can handle a little adversity and who folds at the first sign of it.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Those saying they can't type and enjoy the game, I was in the same boat. I would have the thread up, but really unless something exceptional happened my posts were during commercials. I guess the GD thread is good for one thing if nothing else, it shows who can handle a little adversity and who folds at the first sign of it.

On a lighter note, I'm glad GD Threads means Game Day. 

Like Walter Matthau in The Odd Couple.  Felix stop leaving me notes around the apartment.  Clean your room, FU.  Don't leave towels on bathroom floor, FU.  It took me 2 days to figure out FU means Felix Unger. 

GO BENGALS 

Tiger Who Dey Tiger 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Game day threads are like rollercoasters.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 02:20 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: You listed 20 years of players. We were dumb enough to stick with a coach. We went through 2 quarterbacks. 

If this team did lose they would immediately be listed with those teams agree? So they were but that far away. The facts are until you win one you are what you are. And if we lost this team would be lumped right in with the rest you listed. That's why this win is so huge.

And it's not one girlfriend  it's your last 7 over 30 years. They all cheated you. Hard to trust the next girl

I don't understand why this team would have been lumped in with the Marvin teams if they lost. The coach is different and so are most of the core players.  
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: While you may not like what you feel is the intent of the OP, but the fact is that a number of members have been able to share their thoughts, including yourself, on the topic of Bengals GD threads...comprised of Bengals fans...involving Bengals games. 

Bengals fans are not Cincinnati Bengals despite what others think. Threads of users saying they are leaving being Bengals fans are technically about the Bengals according to your definition and other posters comment their opinions in those threads on the subject as well but it doesn’t stop them from being deleted.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:49 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You have more faith than I do. Dude will be calling it a good season by the third drive.

It’s already a good season, we win Saturday and it becomes even better!
Reply/Quote
Idk how you can sit and watch full games and be so negative about everything. That just amazes me. We won 10 games theres really no reason to be so negative. Thats 10 wins and maybe we shouldve had 3 more. The team put out a good product this year.

I may not stay in the next one too long. Cause if we get down early against a running team ppl are going to lose their minds.
-Housh
Reply/Quote