Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I'm officially done with the GD thread
(01-18-2022, 02:39 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Got a lot of self-righteous, high and mighty people posting in this thread today.

Attention getters make threads about no longer posting in another thread to gain attention about not doing something. Not really something you have to announce, just don’t post in it. No reason to disparage people who are emotional during the game.

That's what I'm saying. If anything, it makes them look weak. I mean we are talking g about football, not your wife or first born.. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:58 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It would only be used at certain times. Would never be an every day feature.

Nice, I didn't know Discord could be locked down. I just assumed once it is up, it's always up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:52 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, you want a thread about the GD threads deleted because you don't like certain types of opinions/reactions?

You can't see the irony there?

My post was in response to someone making a thread saying goodbye to a game day thread. What does that have to do with the Bengals? It’s a thread by someone who thinks that he’s a super fan and that it’s his job to go around complaining about other fans who don’t view the Bengals through the same rosy glasses. I respect others opinions whether doom and gloom or rosy when it comes to their views on the Bengals. However when people try to make threads about themselves or constantly ranting about other fans and their differing opinions on the team I draw the line. So yes it should be deleted or moved to Klotsch.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The GD thread is a tough one...because it's made up of instant reactions, emotions and hot takes. So, how do you navigate that? The insanity isn't unique to this board...every team board's GD threads are crazy as hell. 

In order to have GD threads, you have to allow everyone the right to express themselves. I understand that some are completely over the top, and it can even border on trolling at times...but what's the answer? I can't just tell members that only positive takes are allowed, or that only rational posts will be permitted. In the spur of the moment, people are going to say some dumb shit, have some really stupid takes or have meltdowns for silly reasons.

I understand the frustration of Phil and others, but for me, the GD thread is the one place on the board where you need to let a relatively free flowing input of thoughts and reactions, even if it gets annoying and frustrating for those that try to be more levelheaded. 

Ours is weak compared to others. At least we don't curse each other out and wish death.. Yes the raiders fans were doing that..
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: The true issue is certain posters just can not take any other opinion outside of their own.  

It goes both ways....with those that are more positive and those that are more negative getting annoyed/frustrated with the other. 
Reply/Quote
I love reading gameday threads on other message boards. You want to see meltdowns and trauma and here we go agains.... Check the Cowboys gameday thread from this weekend. That was a good read.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm glad that happened in 1 year, but for some it'll take longer then that. 

The true issue is certain posters just can not take any other opinion outside of their own. That is the elephant in the room. I'm not calling out any names but certain posters have supposed to BEEN  quit the GD thread so it's all lame to me to see them use this threat weekly to "gloat" about being right. They spend all gameday thread attacking posters they think are being too negative after threatening to leave it for the umpteenth time. Then after a win we get this groundhogs day threat. Can we speak the truth? Let's....The OP isn't leaving the GD thread. He never does. And he won't. Yall believe this sham of a thread. This is just a cover for him to say "I told you so" and honestly if the end results are the Bengals winning, don't nobody really even care. That's what people seem to not get about the ups and downs of the GD thread. But those threatening to leave it just to be the first one in there every Sunday/Saturday is....... Something else I'll just say. 

See you guys Saturday in the GD thread!

He's done this same thing at least 3 times now. and what happened to not talking about gameday threads? These type threads and posts are rampant. For supposedly being against the rules..
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:02 PM)Tony Wrote: Ours is weak compared to others. At least we don't curse each other out and wish death.. Yes the raiders fans were doing that..

So were fans on the Chiefs board. Wishing death on each other and Burrow.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It goes both ways....with those that are more positive and those that are more negative getting annoyed/frustrated with the other. 

Well the optimists were right and I guess this is all built up from decades of being wrong (so we will never hear the end of it). And that is great cause it's been a season for a generation.  

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So were fans on the Chiefs board. Wishing death on each other and Burrow.  Mellow

And the refs. I read theirs too. I tend to after a team gets beat by the Bengals... 

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:59 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Nice, I didn't know Discord could be locked down. I just assumed once it is up, it's always up.

No. However, if it's up for over 4hrs, you should seek medical attention.

Reply/Quote
I generally quit posting in GD and mostly due to my own personal inclination to be overly pessimistic. My only comment on the entire playoff game was that the refs appeared inclined to determine the outcome.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:02 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: My post was in response to someone making a thread saying goodbye to a game day thread.  What does that have to do with the Bengals?  It’s a thread by someone who thinks that he’s a super fan and that it’s his job to go around complaining about other fans who don’t view the Bengals through the same rosy glasses.  I respect others opinions whether doom and gloom or rosy when it comes to their views on the Bengals.  However when people try to make threads about themselves or constantly ranting about other fans and their differing opinions on the team I draw the line.  So yes it should be deleted or moved to Klotsch.

Again, you said you respect everyone's opinion...but then want a thread sharing opinions deleted. 

This thread had been about more than just Phil and his views. It's allowed a number of members to chime in and share their thoughts as well, both pro and con in regards to the GD threads. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It goes both ways....with those that are more positive and those that are more negative getting annoyed/frustrated with the other. 

Honestly, I have no problem with either one. Through the years the only posters that bother me are the ones that think they are better fans and constantly attack other fans because of differing views on the Bengals.

We may all come from different walks of like or political spectrums but we all want the Bengals to do well. How about OP find other ways to vent his frustrations then taking it out on other posters. Maybe ignore the “negative” posts he disagrees with instead of constantly trying to bring attention to how great a fan he is.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: And the refs. I read theirs too. I tend to after a team gets beat by the Bengals... 

Same.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:12 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Again, you said you respect everyone's opinion...but then want a thread sharing opinions deleted. 

This thread had been about more than just Phil and his views. It's allowed a number of members to chime in and share their thoughts as well, both pro and con in regards to the GD threads. 

Reread my post because you missed the entire point. I specifically stated I respect everyone’s opinions when it comes to the BENGALS and not a thread complaining about other fans.

My exact words: “ I respect others opinions whether doom and gloom or rosy when it comes to their views on the Bengals.”

Jungle Noise
The place to discuss anything and everything related to the Cincinnati Bengals

Again, what does OP’s rant about leaving the GD thread have anything to do with the Cincinnati Bengals?
Reply/Quote
I cringe at most of my posts thier!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So were fans on the Chiefs board. Wishing death on each other and Burrow.  Mellow

We never wish harm on other players or posters...
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 03:58 PM)Tony Wrote: That's what I'm saying. If anything, it makes them look weak. I mean we are talking g about football, not your wife or first born.. 

Well, I like the Bengals more than I like my wife, sooooo....
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 10:58 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Sorry, after this past weekend when people were just assuming we were going to lose EVEN THOUGH WE HAD A 10 POINT LEAD LATE IN THE GAME, I'm just done with posting in the GameDay thread. And it wasn't just 1 person (though it was mainly 1 person). I just can't do it anymore. I'm tired of people "letting their emotions get the best of them" (I bet they wouldn't let someone get away with a racial epithet if that person's emotions got the best of them) or trying to cover up stupidity with "it was just sarcasm, dude."

It sucks, because it can be a place to share laughter to share ref-bashing, but there are fewer and fewer optimistic-minded folk like myself left (I'm not the only one, but there's only a few of us that post there regulary) and I'm enjoying the thread less and less.

So, maybe I'll stop in from time to time or maybe we'll lose the Titans game and I'll forget to not post there next season, but for at least the rest of this postseason, I'm done with the goddamn GD thread.

Who are you again?  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote