Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm so ***** sick of Boomer Esiason
In a way, they're both right (Solly and Norman). Yes, the Bengals played without discipline and it was embarrassing. Yet, the Steelers are applauded for similar chippy/dirty tactics. There's definitely some hypocrisy there. The only difference between the Bengals and the Steelers is that the Steelers have been playing that way for decades and have it down to a science. The Bengals (Adam and Tez particularly) let the emotion overcome them. They're less methodical when they're playing "on the edge".

As for Boomer, I think he cares about the Bengals and wants them to win in his own way. I've seen him get excited when the Bengals are rolling. I was okay with him calling out the Bengals, but I do think he was a little too overzealous with it and I would've respected it more if he would've called out the Steelers as well. It's more than a bit ridiculous to act like it was one-sided.

Hopefully both teams reel it in some this year, but still play with fire. Unfortunately, the Steelers have no incentive to reel it in because they weren't disciplined for anything. Munchak's tiny fine was rescinded and Shazier got off scott free with a helmet-to-helmet on Gio. As for the Bengals, Tez and Pacman have still been running their mouths on twitter, so I'm not sure if they've learned anything. Guess we'll see soon enough.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 04:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In a way, they're both right (Solly and Norman). Yes, the Bengals played without discipline and it was embarrassing. Yet, the Steelers are applauded for similar chippy/dirty tactics. There's definitely some hypocrisy there. The only difference between the Bengals and the Steelers is that the Steelers have been playing that way for decades and have it down to a science. The Bengals (Adam and Tez particularly) let the emotion overcome them. They're less methodical when they're playing "on the edge".

As for Boomer, I think he cares about the Bengals and wants them to win in his own way. I've seen him get excited when the Bengals are rolling. I was okay with him calling out the Bengals, but I do think he was a little too overzealous with it and I would've respected it more if he would've called out the Steelers as well. It's more than a bit ridiculous to act like it was one-sided.

Hopefully both teams reel it in some this year, but still play with fire. Unfortunately, the Steelers have no incentive to reel it in because they weren't disciplined for anything. Munchak's tiny fine was rescinded and Shazier got off scott free with a helmet-to-helmet on Gio. As for the Bengals, Tez and Pacman have still been running their mouths on twitter, so I'm not sure if they've learned anything. Guess we'll see soon enough.

I'm hoping to be wrong about this as I have stated, but I see nothing changing with the Steelers antics and their success.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 04:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Um, what?  The '89 Bengals makes any of these recent teams look like a big bag of dicks.  Why exactly would he be jealous of teams that lose in the Wild Card round?

Man, some of you are so sensitive when it comes to this stuff.  Boomer his paid to give an opinion, in a forum that is relevant on a national level.  He's not working for WKRC or 700 where he can be a puppet like Dave Lapham.  You're never going to see the same level of support or fandom from a player who is working for national program.  He most likely wouldn't be on there if he wasn't capable of at least appearing to be unbiased.  Same goes for Collinsworth.

U kidding me? If you've ever seen Rodney shithead Harrison or Cowturd on their respective networks you'll know it's perfectly acceptable to collapse to your knees at any given moment and deliver copious amounts of fellatio to one's respective team on air as long as it's within that specific bubble of like 6-7 teams.

I don't know, when it comes to Bengals teams in like 5-6 year windows, the team we have now is the best in Bengals history, even with the lack of playoff success. Boomer's team lost one Super Bowl then became the the 1990's Bengals. I really don't find that very impressive.

(Also, for the sake of argument, I'm going to assume you meant the 1988 Bengals.)
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Don't worry about Boomer. He's just allowing nature to take it's course. He's gone from young QB with an attitude and all the talent in the world to old, get off my lawn guy. 

P.S. Ask Boomer what his thoughts would be if Kaep decided to bring light to his cause by sitting in front of a bus...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 04:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In a way, they're both right (Solly and Norman). Yes, the Bengals played without discipline and it was embarrassing. Yet, the Steelers are applauded for similar chippy/dirty tactics. There's definitely some hypocrisy there. The only difference between the Bengals and the Steelers is that the Steelers have been playing that way for decades and have it down to a science. The Bengals (Adam and Tez particularly) let the emotion overcome them. They're less methodical when they're playing "on the edge".

Agree with everything said here. 

Well put.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 03:33 PM)Benton Wrote: I always think of him as a Bengal, but I notice it's a split in the media. Some call him a former Jet, some a former Bengal. 

Annnnnd  they all are correct ( media )
Reply/Quote
Meh, winning cures all ills. You think it's a coincidence the Steelers have the most SB rings and are a team that just happens to be allowed to get away with murder? Give me a break.

Win. Win the game, win the SB, win and shut 'em all up. We hain't winning and this is what not winning gets ya.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 07:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Win.  Win the game, win the SB, win and shut 'em all up.  We hain't winning and this is what not winning gets ya.

This.

It's pretty simple at this point. Get to the postseason...don't implode again...win a damn game.

The playoff narrative/perception won't change until the Bengals go out and change it.

Let's hope it happens this year!
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 08:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This.

It's pretty simple at this point. Get to the postseason...don't implode again...win a damn game.

The playoff narrative/perception won't change until the Bengals go out and change it.

Let's hope it happens this year!

How much respect do we honestly expect to get when we run into the locker room doing the "we're number 1" hand signal before the game is over only to come back and LOSE at home.  

We begged for the humiliation we are getting.  Earned it.  Win and it might go away.
Reply/Quote

Accurate post.   I've been disappointed that Tez and Pacman have not stopped talking.   I love them both as players and I love their competitive hearts.  I just wish they would resist the temptation to say anything in public.

Do it (with your play) on the field. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 04:22 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Twixt Boomer and Collinsworth, we probably have the saltiest ex-players ever.

Corey Dillon too. 

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 07:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, winning cures all ills.  You think it's a coincidence the Steelers have the most SB rings and are a team that just happens to be allowed to get away with murder?  Give me a break.

Win.  Win the game, win the SB, win and shut 'em all up.  We hain't winning and this is what not winning gets ya.
Doubt that winning the sb would cure anything national media wise if the steelers win the sb they will be predicted to win it the next year we win the super bowl we wont make the playoffs the next year. No respect. As an osu guy ill bring up an example. In 2014 buckeyes won title preseason rankings come out next year alabama number 1 just like they have been for the last 9 year. In this analogy steelers are alabama. We wont and will never get any respect by the national media. But that is fine by me bc we have the best team in the nfl the last 5 years. Ill take best team over respect any day. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 02:48 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/9/6/12800960/boomer-esiason-still-disgusted-bengals-wild-card-actions-solomon-wilcots-fires-back

Seriously, what is wrong with this guy? Boomer to me just seems so salty that these past few Bengals teams have been unlike any of the teams he ever played for and he's jealous that he isn't a part of it.

It really is embarassing having this guy represent us as a former player when he doesn't even support the team. His shit attitude towards the team gives way for non-Bengals fans to continue trashing us.

Also, I'm not sure how people feel about the Kaepernick situation (I really don't care tbh), but Boomer's comments on that were pathetic as well. He wants to talk about how the Bengals crapped themselves last year in the playoffs, well maybe he should stop continually shitting himself on the national stage.

Okay, sorry, rant over. Seriously though, this guy needs to get a grip. He makes us look like shit.

Agree 100%. I'm glad the Kaepernick article identified him as "former Jets QB."

I had no interest in his drivel being associated with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
People that get upset about former players not slobbering all over their team just never made any sense to me. Hell, Kirk herbstreit had to move away from columbus because he wasnt homerish enough for overzealous buckeye fans harrassing his family.

When a guy gets to the national stage, he isnt required to slobber all over his former team, however he should at least remain objective(that goes for both negative remarks as well as positive) Now I suppose you can make the argument that boomer tends to swing more towards the negative when it comes to the bengals, but a lot of that has to do with not winning anything.
Reply/Quote
We didn't even lose the ***** game though. lol The NFL has said Bryant's TD wasn't a TD. Without that we win the game! Talk about that BS Boomer!?

Hell, i didn't even have to bring up the other bad/no calls.

TALK ABOUT HOW WE GOT ROBBED

someone!

Reply/Quote
Love the response by Solomon Wilcots. Particularly this bit;

After all, in Wilcots’ opinion, all 31 other teams in the NFL would want Burfict on their team, whether they admit it today or not.

Reply/Quote
Agree with a lot of posters here, the biggest point I see is the fact that, if you demand respect, you need to earn it. It's been said many times in many different ways, letting your play speak for you, if you lose, say nothing, if you win, say less.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:29 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: We didn't even lose the ***** game though. lol The NFL has said Bryant's TD wasn't a TD. Without that we win the game! Talk about that BS Boomer!?

Hell, i didn't even have to bring up the other bad/no calls.

TALK ABOUT HOW WE GOT ROBBED

someone!
That's what really irks me about that game. I was so mad at the NFL in general that I didn't watch another snap until the Bengals played the Vikings. I've outgrown WWE, and that's what that game was.

The league, and all of its after the fact transparency,
only makes it worse. Their only TD wasn't. NOW it's illegal for opposing "coaches" (a real thinking man's player Joey Porter was) to mingle in the defensive huddle. In a league that has banned headshots, the hit to Gio was ok because he had his left leg planted, and his hips were a certain way or whatever... That's not enough. Let's change that rule after the fact... While we're at it, let's suspend Vontaze Burfict for three games for "repeated" safety violations.

It is what it is. I have real problems, and I don't lose sleep over football games.... It's all just so weak.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:52 PM)jason Wrote: That's what really irks me about that game. I was so mad at the NFL in general that I didn't watch another snap until the Bengals played the Vikings. I've outgrown WWE, and that's what that game was.

The league, and all of its after the fact transparency,
only makes it worse. Their only TD wasn't. NOW it's illegal for opposing "coaches" (a real thinking man's player Joey Porter was) to mingle in the defensive huddle. In a league that has banned headshots, the hit to Gio was ok because he had his left leg planted, and his hips were a certain way or whatever... That's not enough. Let's change that rule after the fact... While we're at it, let's suspend Vontaze Burfict for three games for "repeated" safety violations.

It is what it is. I have real problems, and I don't lose sleep over football games.... It's all just so weak.

If that happened to a media darling (ex: Steelers!) there would have been a million discussions about it. "They" would still be talking about it. Heck they still are talking about it but we are still the bad guys. After ALL that came out after that game our former QB along with many others still see us as the bad guys. It's just incredible how they all choose ignore the facts.

I almost gave up on the NFL..stacked deck and all. If I see more of the same this year I probably will. I have a nice HS stadium right up the road.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 09:00 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Doubt that winning the sb would cure anything national media wise if the steelers win the sb they will be predicted to win it the next year we win the super bowl we wont make the playoffs the next year. No respect. As an osu guy ill bring up an example. In 2014 buckeyes won title preseason rankings come out next year alabama number 1 just like they have been for the last 9 year. In this analogy steelers are alabama. We wont and will never get any respect by the national media. But that is fine by me bc we have the best team in the nfl the last 5 years. Ill take best team over respect any day. 

What amount of respect would a team with 0 playoffs despite being the "best team in the league" for half a decade deserve, anyways?  I'm not sure I follow this line of thinking.
Reply/Quote