no
10.00%
2 10.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm tired of freaking waiting...
Will Dalton EVER have a 400 yard passing game?? Every quarterback to ever suit up in the NFL over the last few years has a 400 yard passing game. Ryan freaking Fitzmagic has three in a row this year. That fat turd in spittsburgh has a couple 500 yards passing games. I haven't looked, but i bet Blaine 'i'm afraid of my own shadow' Gabbert has one!!!!

So the question is simple. In his EIGHTH FREAKING YEAR ALREADY, will Dalton EVER have a 400 yard passing game? 

I'm not drunk. Goff's game tonight triggered me. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Does he have the coach that would allow him to have a 400 yard game?? That is my question to you.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 12:38 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Does he have the coach that would allow him to have a 400 yard game?? That is my question to you.

That's pretty much the crux of the "problem". My gut reaction would be no...but if they're behind and have to throw, it's up to the QB to complete the passes. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He put up 373 vs the Ravens in 2011, close enough imo.

Noticed that his top 4 games in passing yardage spanned from 2011-2012, must've been the Jay Gruden factor.

At the end of the day, the Rams only won by 7 points.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 12:43 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He put up 373 vs the Ravens in 2011, close enough imo.

Noticed that his top 4 games in passing yardage spanned from 2011-2012, must've been the Jay Gruden factor.

At the end of the day, the Rams only won by 7 points.

I don't care. I want a 400 yard passing game and i want that damn 13 win season!! 

Reply/Quote
After watching the Rams/Vikes game tonight I really want to ***** slap Marvin and Andy. Both teams looked awesome on offense, great play calling, great throws by both QB's, great route running, just damn. The NFL has made it nearly impossible to suck on offense and Dalton will still get maybe one 400 yard passing game this season. Just fix the damn line already, defenders can't touch your QB or WR's for the most part. Young QB's are lighting it up, yet we struggle. Records will be broken this year by soft players who wouldnt last a game 20 years ago.
Reply/Quote
Carson Palmer's 7 years* with Bengals: 3 400 yard games (0-3 record)
Carson Palmer's 7 years without Bengals: 5 400 yard games (1-4 record)

Aaron Rodger's 11 years* with the Packers: 5 400 yard games (3-2 record)

Matthew Stafford's 10 years with the Lions: 8 400 yard games (3-5 record)

Drew Brees' 4 years* with the Chargers: 0 400 yard games (0-0 record)
Drew Brees' 13 years with the Saints: 19 400 yard games (9-10 record)

- - - - - - - - -

So I am not sure what's up with OP's obsession over 400 yard games. They're normally done by teams with crappy defenses or teams who lose. While I will be first on board Marvin being way too passive with a lead, good teams don't need 400 yard passing days to win. It's actually often not a very good thing.

We'll see if that starts changing now that the NFL is turning into a league where you can't play defense, but as of right now, this is a bad thread.

(*I didn't count the years at the start of their careers where they weren't starters.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I’m tired of waiting for a lot of things when it comes to the Bengals. A playoff win, a new head coach...

Reply/Quote
Do not care
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 12:38 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Does he have the coach that would allow him to have a 400 yard game?? That is my question to you.

He sure looked like he was going to against the Rats, only the offense disappeared.  And if Ross catches that deep pass against the Panther, he has his 400 yard game right there.  
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 01:51 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Carson Palmer's 7 years* with Bengals: 3 400 yard games (0-3 record)
Carson Palmer's 7 years without Bengals: 5 400 yard games (1-4 record)

Aaron Rodger's 11 years* with the Packers: 5 400 yard games (3-2 record)

Matthew Stafford's 10 years with the Lions: 8 400 yard games (3-5 record)

Drew Brees' 4 years* with the Chargers: 0 400 yard games (0-0 record)
Drew Brees' 13 years with the Saints: 19 400 yard games (9-10 record)

- - - - - - - - -

So I am not sure what's up with OP's obsession over 400 yard games. They're normally done by teams with crappy defenses or teams who lose. While I will be first on board Marvin being way too passive with a lead, good teams don't need 400 yard passing days to win. It's actually often not a very good thing.

We'll see if that starts changing now that the NFL is turning into a league where you can't play defense, but as of right now, this is a bad thread.

(*I didn't count the years at the start of their careers where they weren't starters.)

^This^

Generally speaking, either a team has no running game, or they're so far behind that passing is the only way to get back into the game. WTS, I'd love to see us have Dalton get his 400 yards and 6 TDs while Mixon and Gio each get 100 Yds when we play. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I'm less concerned with big passing numbers than I am with effective passing numbers, like getting those completions on 3rd down.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Huge passing numbers usually mean you can't run the ball. I thought we wanted to run the ball better?
Reply/Quote
I read somewhere that the Rams gave up 2 hits on 36 dropbacks.....you want your QB to put up 400+? That's a helluva way to get it started.....lest we forget, AD put up 366 in the 2016 opener while being SACKED SEVEN TIMES.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Throwing for that many yards means we're getting stomped on. I'd rather see Dalton have 100 yards and a W than 400 and an L.
Reply/Quote
Who woulda thought those two D's would get run over like that ? I didn't think the final would be 6-9 but damn I didn't expect that either !

Part of the problem to is we rarely, once a season ? put 4 quarters together. Part of that is Merv and his got a 10 point lead in the 1st qtr hit the brakes philosophy. What makes up the rest of it ? What did we score against the Ravens in the 2nd half 3 pts. ?

I'm hoping that with Lazor and just the way the NFL is doing away with defense Merv will have to adapt and start keeping the foot on the gas. We got to see a glimpse of it in the Colts game going for it under 2 minutes in 1st half and a couple dozen people went nuts !

I was happy by and large. I've seen Merv hit the brakes so much I was just elated he grew a pair finally !
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 12:15 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Will Dalton EVER have a 400 yard passing game?? Every quarterback to ever suit up in the NFL over the last few years has a 400 yard passing game. Ryan freaking Fitzmagic has three in a row this year. That fat turd in spittsburgh has a couple 500 yards passing games. I haven't looked, but i bet Blaine 'i'm afraid of my own shadow' Gabbert has one!!!!

So the question is simple. In his EIGHTH FREAKING YEAR ALREADY, will Dalton EVER have a 400 yard passing game? 

I'm not drunk. Goff's game tonight triggered me. 

I have noticed.... If your QB has to throw for that many yards...  they usually are on the losing side for most of the game.
Reply/Quote
First, man that was a fun game to watch!

I think the passing just comes down to coaching. Sean McVay is INCREDIBLE, and does not let his foot off the gas at all. Made the Vikings go into shootout mode.

I think we are behind the times in terms of offense, sadly. Teams like the Chiefs and Rams are in a different stratosphere when it comes to offensive playcalling and execution. Did you see all the freaking green grass these receivers had when they caught the ball? Amazing!

Interested to see how the year shakes out, but these were two "elite" defenses.... I honestly think defense doesn't matter anymore, and it's more about offense being your best defense.
Reply/Quote
That rams team is better than ours in every way. Maybe that is why Goff had 400+ yds?

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 10:14 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: That rams team is better than ours in every way. Maybe that is why Goff had 400+ yds?

The Rams are the best team in the NFL, right now. And part of the reason is Big Whit. Did you see him give up that sack last night ? I was shocked.
Reply/Quote