Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I really despise Travis Kelce
(01-30-2023, 12:46 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yeah, the mayor was asking for it. I still don't like him, lol.

The Cincy mayor made an idiotic statement and earned the trash talk slam
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:03 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I was being facetious of course but Travis Kelce insulted my city.  If he had stuck to criticizing Bengal players and coaches I wouldn’t have given it a second thought.  

Also, Kelce’s comment, “Know your place!” is a racist slam against Cincinnati’s mayor who is Indian-American. The Indian caste system which unfortunately still exists is all about knowing one’s place.

Maybe I am going out on a limb here, but I highly doubt that Kelce's postgame comments had racial undertones referencing the Indian caste system. I think a more reasonable thought is that he was saying "Know your place" in reference to the shit talking he did prior to the game. Maybe that's just me. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Nobody was talking about Burrowhead, aside from Hilton saying it once, on the field. That was it.

The media and the Chefs said it a ton more and made it a focal point, when it really wasn't.

I agree your mayor shouldn't have said anything.

That's fair, but remember how any time teams go all in on free agency people bring up the "dream team" eagles who were called that with a laugh by their backup QB.  This stuff takes hold rather easily, fair or not.
Reply/Quote
Maybe next time, our Mayor doesn't put out a stupid video the day before the biggest game of the year.

Maybe next time, a player who is mic'd up doesn't call the place that they've only won 1 game "Burrowhead."

Maybe next time, Eli Apple just...doesn't ***** tweet the first thing that comes to his brain.

This team did a lot of work to turn the general NFL audience against them. I hope they learn from this.

I know it's an AFCCG and you don't need bulletin board material or extra motivation, but it'll never go to waste. Best to just not give it at all.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't care if he was a Bearcat or not. The fact he was makes it all the worse. Last game he was taking shots at Cincinnati Chili, and last night with his "Know your role and shut your mouth" bs. Dude, you're 1-4, a 25% win percentage and you're gonna run your mouth and talk trash after a win. My feelings towards him are quickly reaching Rapistberger levels.

Kelce played at UC, but he didn't grow up in the Cincy area. He and Jason grew up right outside of Cleveland, so they were likely Browns fans growing up.

I heard him say, "Burrowhead, my a**!" so it's obvious there was some bulletin board material he (and the team) probably wasn't a fan of.
What I am curious about is who started the Burrowhead comment? I heard it from a few different media but I don't know where it originated.
Was that something one of the Bengals players said earlier in the week?
If it was one of the players, shame on them for disrespecting another (really good) team. No reason to give added motivation.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:56 PM)Destro Wrote: Talked mess about a team they just beat, not one they were about to play. Perhaps some should take notes.

They did their share of talking before our game.  I agree that some should take notes - probably more for my benefit than theirs.  I always like to feel I have the moral high ground lol

I love Burrow's take on the whole situation.   He said it's part of what makes football fun.   And with him I truly believe it.   He clearly plays for the love of the game - and that is what comes out of his mouth every time he talks.

Classiest man in professional football.   I absolutely love the guy.

He totally reoriented MY attitude towards the comments by Kelsey and Mahomes.  I was smoldering.

All Joe sees is that they made more plays than we did.   Not what Kelsey and Mahomes said; not Ossai's play; not the refs...

He is the reason I have so much pride in and hope for this team.  My favorite Bengals team ever.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Kelce played at UC, but he didn't grow up in the Cincy area. He and Jason grew up right outside of Cleveland, so they were likely Browns fans growing up.

I heard him say, "Burrowhead, my a**!" so it's obvious there was some bulletin board material he (and the team) probably wasn't a fan of.
What I am curious about is who started the Burrowhead comment? I heard it from a few different media but I don't know where it originated.
Was that something one of the Bengals players said earlier in the week?
If it was one of the players, shame on them for disrespecting another (really good) team. No reason to give added motivation.

Hilton said it once on the sidelines at the end of the Buffalo game 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Kelce was probably feeling pretty good. In the previous 3 matchups he was fairly pedestrian compared to what he normally is. Add to that the fact that he quite literally blew the game at Paycor on the strip fumble, and I'd say a weight was lifted off his shoulders. A player like that probably felt responsible for the lack of success vs the Bengals up until last night. I harbor minimal ill will toward the guy, but he does come off as the consummate meathead when he gets demonstrative.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:08 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Maybe next time, our Mayor doesn't put out a stupid video the day before the biggest game of the year.

Maybe next time, a player who is mic'd up doesn't call the place that they've only won 1 game "Burrowhead."

Maybe next time, Eli Apple just...doesn't ***** tweet the first thing that comes to his brain.

This team did a lot of work to turn the general NFL audience against them. I hope they learn from this.

I know it's an AFCCG and you don't need bulletin board material or extra motivation, but it'll never go to waste. Best to just not give it at all.

All true. A lot of mouths were running for no good reason.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:40 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Actually found his interruption of Mahomes post game on the field interview pretty funny. The stuff after that less so.

Tbh when we're talking about Burrowhead, and the Mayor is talking smack, we have to expect it back.

They are the big dogs in the AFC until we prove them otherwise. We aren't far off at all. I think he may come to regret all this smack when we play them next year though. This'll only fire us the heck up.

Same way I feel, I have no ill will towards Travis. He will get his, this is a fun rivalry. They needed to win one in their house. Mellow
Reply/Quote
The mayor is a moron. STFU. You don't have to go out there and backup your stupid ass comments.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Meh... He's a year or so from Father Time making him irrelevant. KC finally turned the rivalry into something more than hammer and nail. Congratulations ass wipes... See ya next year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:45 PM)jason Wrote: Meh... He's a year or so from Father Time making him irrelevant. KC finally turned the rivalry into something more than hammer and nail. Congratulations ass wipes... See ya next year.

Truth, it cannot always be us winning or it isn't a rivlary. Look out next time we play when we actually have a starting OL besides
Ted and Cordell. Chris Jones is a beast though, have to give a shout out to him, great player. Frank Clark also did well. But I love 
our team and Defense much better. Mahomes and Kelce played their best in the biggest game, all their best players did it seemed.

That isn't going to happen often and we still damn near had them in their stadium which is the loudest on Earth.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't care if he was a Bearcat or not. The fact he was makes it all the worse. Last game he was taking shots at Cincinnati Chili, and last night with his "Know your role and shut your mouth" bs. Dude, you're 1-4, a 25% win percentage and you're gonna run your mouth and talk trash after a win. My feelings towards him are quickly reaching Rapistberger levels.

Ya.  I think the Burrowhead comment by Hilton was in heat of moment and taken out of context to fuel some motivation for a great and talented team to get over the hump against another great and talented team.  In addition, the Mayor of Cincinnati should not have been involved and exhibited not only poor taste, but poorly orchestrated hallow attempt at sarcasm.   I also believe Kelcey felt bad for weeks for the stripped fumble at the Paycor Stadium the previous game.  With that said, I thought Kelce would have shown more class but evidently the dude is classless douchebag.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Oh, you're just figuring out that Kelce is a major doucher? LOL

Their team is low key littered with them. Check out this Frank Clark interview:

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Nobody was talking about Burrowhead, aside from Hilton saying it once, on the field. That was it.

The media and the Chefs said it a ton more and made it a focal point, when it really wasn't.

I agree your mayor shouldn't have said anything.

One guy saying it off-hand or the whole team saying it all week... it still applies. Them clapping back at us over it is fair game, especially when the one guy that said it is a current Bengals starter. There's nothing wrong with Hilton saying it, but it's fair game is my point.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truth, it cannot always be us winning or it isn't a rivlary. Look out next time we play when we actually have a starting OL besides
Ted and Cordell. Chris Jones is a beast though, have to give a shout out to him, great player. Frank Clark also did well. But I love 
our team and Defense much better. Mahomes and Kelce played their best in the biggest game, all their best players did it seemed.

That isn't going to happen often and we still damn near had them in their stadium which is the loudest on Earth.

Yep. The line was improved, but definitely not a finished product. RT needs addressed, and it would have been nice to see one more game of Carman at LT. We're good at C and RG. That's all I know... And yes; Chris Jones is a problem. Same ending as last year with Donald.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:08 PM)jason Wrote: Yep. The line was improved, but definitely not a finished product. RT needs addressed, and it would have been nice to see one more game of Carman at LT. We're good at C and RG. That's all I know... And yes; Chris Jones is a problem. Same ending as last year with Donald.

Carman showing up is major for us honestly. I gave up on him mid season, getting all kinds of crap from Frank Booth for still
having some hope in him lol

Chris Jones is a beast, him and Pacheco their RB are the 2 players that scare me a bit. We have lots of scary players though and 
I think most will be back and we can add some that might make us even better. Think we will pay Joey B his big dough and keep
Ja'Marr, Logan and Tee for the long haul. BTW, the Gravedigger and Boot Hill played great yesterday.

CTB had a couple nice plays and loved that big hit early. Sucks to lose, but hey, the future is bright with our guys.

Great season.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Carman showing up is major for us honestly. I gave up on him mid season, getting all kinds of crap from Frank Booth for still
having some hope in him lol

Chris Jones is a beast, him and Pacheco their RB are the 2 players that scare me a bit. We have lots of scary players though and 
I think most will be back and we can add some that might make us even better. Think we will pay Joey B his big dough and keep
Ja'Marr, Logan and Tee for the long haul. BTW, the Gravedigger and Boot Hill played great yesterday.

CTB had a couple nice plays and loved that big hit early. Sucks to lose, but hey, the future is bright with our guys.

Great season.

Yeah. Tee is not the luxury that some think that he is. Hell the answer isn't already here if they let Boyd go. I didn't focus on Carman last night, but he didn't seem to be the biggest issue, and he made a lot of people look foolish last week. Up to and including whoever wanted him to move to G.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:23 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah. Tee is not the luxury that some think that he is. Hell the answer isn't already here if they let Boyd go. I didn't focus on Carman last night, but he didn't seem to be the biggest issue, and he made a lot of people look foolish last week. Up to and including whoever wanted him to move to G.

Tee won't cost as much, he is a big high point Receiver. Been banged up, if someone wants to pay him like his is a 1 okay...

I just think he will stay with us and help us win some Super Bowls.

Mixon, Boyd and Pratt are on their way out and God bless them. Great players.

On Carman, I just wish we ran the ball behind him more often, he is a mauler man, pancake city. He eats IHOP.
Reply/Quote