Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I really despise Travis Kelce
(01-30-2023, 12:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: 1-3 and everyone is taking shots at the Bengals. Over the last week the football world turned on the Bengals and we lost a ton of support. This loss was a much needed humbling. And many couldn't be happier. 

The Bengals were a feel-good team. For someone who was tired over the Bills and KC getting all the attention, they could instead root for this underdog instead. Then came the week before the Bills game and there was all this trash-talking about how much more superior the Bengals were. 

The whole 'we were ahead 7-3' 6 minutes in, and the NFL should give us a win for that. And acting like you're the only team that got screwed. The Bills got completely screwed too. Their entire season was playing for #1 and the bye to play KC in the championship game at home. And that was taken away from them after the Hamlin game. It's possible that game would have happened if the Bills got a bye and played Jacksonville instead of Dolphins then Bengals.

The whole 'We won 9 games in a row - we're dominating!'. Do you realize the Bills won 8 games in a row going into the Cincinnati game? Trash talking when you're pretty much the same is strange. 

'The NFL disrespected us' - ummm.... you did NOTHING for this 'great respect'. KC has been great for 5 years. The Bills have been great for 3 years. Cincinnati surprised everyone by going to the Superbowl, then started 0-2, 2-3, 4-4.... losing to teams like Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Some good games against crappy teams like the Saints, Panthers and Falcons. There is nothing there to respect.

Yeah, the Bengals are a good team, but not an elite team. It takes time to EARN that. This fan base has been suffering for 30 years, how do they get so cocky and arrogant so quickly? Yes, it was possible they could have gotten to the Superbowl this year, with even 1 play gone differently yesterday, but ACT like underdogs not kings.

Then this trash-talking about the Atlanta ticket sales. Everyone saw through this and can't believe Bengals fans believed this half-truth Donald Trumpesque lie. Cincinnati was selling tickets for a possible Bengals/Jax game. KC was selling tickets for a possible Bengals/KC game, and Buffalo was selling tickets for a possible Bills/Jax game. That's 100% normal in the NFL. They always sell the tickets early. 

Then the Arrowhead / Burrow-head crap. You don't give free bulletin board material to the opposing team!

Many of my friends (who main team is not the Bengals) say they were Bengals fans 4 weeks ago, but not now. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No shit. People bringing up race have the problem...

Yeah, not sure how anyone wouldn't recognize what Kelce was imitating...

[Image: the-rock-know-your-role.gif]

Hell, he even threw in the classic 'jabroni' at the end.

Aside from all that though...I can't stand Kelce. Every time I see his face or hear him talk, I have a weird urge to punch something.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:45 PM)Bbeagle Wrote: The Bengals were a feel-good team. For someone who was tired over the Bills and KC getting all the attention, they could instead root for this underdog instead. Then came the week before the Bills game and there was all this trash-talking about how much more superior the Bengals were. 

The whole 'we were ahead 7-3' 6 minutes in, and the NFL should give us a win for that. And acting like you're the only team that got screwed. The Bills got completely screwed too. Their entire season was playing for #1 and the bye to play KC in the championship game at home. And that was taken away from them after the Hamlin game. It's possible that game would have happened if the Bills got a bye and played Jacksonville instead of Dolphins then Bengals.

The whole 'We won 9 games in a row - we're dominating!'. Do you realize the Bills won 8 games in a row going into the Cincinnati game? Trash talking when you're pretty much the same is strange. 

'The NFL disrespected us' - ummm.... you did NOTHING for this 'great respect'. KC has been great for 5 years. The Bills have been great for 3 years. Cincinnati surprised everyone by going to the Superbowl, then started 0-2, 2-3, 4-4.... losing to teams like Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Some good games against crappy teams like the Saints, Panthers and Falcons. There is nothing there to respect.

Yeah, the Bengals are a good team, but not an elite team. It takes time to EARN that. This fan base has been suffering for 30 years, how do they get so cocky and arrogant so quickly? Yes, it was possible they could have gotten to the Superbowl this year, but ACT like underdogs not kings.

Then this trash-talking about the Atlanta ticket sales. Everyone saw through this and can't believe Bengals fans believed this half-truth Donald Trumpesque lie. Cincinnati was selling tickets for a possible Bengals/Jax game. KC was selling tickets for a possible Bengals/KC game, and Buffalo was selling tickets for a possible Bills/Jax game. That's 100% normal in the NFL. They always sell the tickets early. 

Then the Arrowhead / Burrow-head crap.

Many of my friends say they were Bengals fans 4 weeks ago, but not now. 

The Bills were dominated both games and yall really have no dog in this fight. Worry about beating KC or the Bengals when it matters. Gloat elsewhere. 

Yall was only down for the Bengals when you thought the teams were evenly matched. When you realized they weren't the hate and envy unleased. We ain't fooled. We still up 3-1 against KC. So no one feels defeated. KC just made it a little more of a rivalry. Unlike your team vs us and them, where there really isn't a rivalry at all. Nor question which team is better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agreed. I'm not a fan of trash/shit talking at all. Let your game send a message. It's a distraction and embarrassing. Specially when you can't back it up. Then in our case, you get outsiders jumping in like the mayor and Apple's mom? GTFOH. I am truly proud of this team and their efforts. They don't need to ruin or tarnish their achievements with BS like that.

Oh, and FTK!

Wasn’t it Paul Brown who said “ When you win say nothing, when you lose say less” I know I botched that, it’s something along those lines. We were the darlings, the fun team to root for, then some players want to talk shit. Didn’t help things. I hope after watching Mahomes & Co receive the AFC trophy it ripped their hart out. Cause that’s what they did to us. I hate the way that game went. The refs sucked, our lines sucked, I was shocked at Hilton’s play, and yet we still had a chance to win. Everyone here would have took our chances having Burrow with the ball with a min left after getting a first down only needing to get into FG range for the win. And we blew it. It hurts. I’m done ranting.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: The Bills were dominated both games and yall really have no dog in this fight. Worry about beating KC or the Bengals when it matters. Gloat elsewhere. 

Yall was only down for the Bengals when you thought the teams were evenly matched. When you realized they weren't the hate and envy unleased. We ain't fooled. We still up 3-1 against KC. So no one feels defeated. KC just made it a little more of a rivalry. Unlike your team vs us and them, where there really isn't a rivalry at all. Nor question which team is better.

Yeah and I don't think he has many friends. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:03 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I was being facetious of course but Travis Kelce insulted my city.  If he had stuck to criticizing Bengal players and coaches I wouldn’t have given it a second thought.  

Also, Kelce’s comment, “Know your place!” is a racist slam against Cincinnati’s mayor who is Indian-American. The Indian caste system which unfortunately still exists is all about knowing one’s place.
Mellow
[Image: the-rock-know-your-role.gif] Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:45 PM)Bbeagle Wrote: The Bengals were a feel-good team. For someone who was tired over the Bills and KC getting all the attention, they could instead root for this underdog instead. Then came the week before the Bills game and there was all this trash-talking about how much more superior the Bengals were. 

Yeah, the Bengals are a good team, but not an elite team. It takes time to EARN that. This fan base has been suffering for 30 years, how do they get so cocky and arrogant so quickly? Yes, it was possible they could have gotten to the Superbowl this year, with even 1 play gone differently yesterday, but ACT like underdogs not kings.

Then the Arrowhead / Burrow-head crap. You don't give free bulletin board material to the opposing team!

Many of my friends (who main team is not the Bengals) say they were Bengals fans 4 weeks ago, but not now. 

Why are you saying the Bills have been great for three years and then saying the Bengals haven't done anything?  That makes no sense.  The Bengals have outperformed the Bills the last two years.  Where's all this Bills respect coming from?

And I'd say your friends are weird, but that was all made up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Only fans who can take shots at us is KC fans. Fans of all the other teams feeling themselves this morning should be reminded who was watching which team last night and last year in the SB.

These fans of teams who didn't even make the playoff's or couldn't get past wild card weekend have a lot of nerve.

KC fans are the only fans who can talk.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Only fans who can take shots at us is KC fans. Fans of all the other teams feeling themselves this morning should be reminded who was watching which team last night and last year in the SB.

These fans of teams who didn't even make the playoff's or couldn't get past wild card weekend have a lot of nerve.

KC fans are the only fans who can talk.

And Eagle fans, barely. Not impressed with the Eagles the way they played against the 49ers.

I think the Chiefs will beat them and before that game I thought the only team that could beat one of those NFC teams was us, but
the Chiefs after this win are more tested IMO.
Reply/Quote
Trash talking is annoying in general. Just takes someone else doing it to demonstrate that clearly. It's "trash" talk for a reason.
Reply/Quote

Agreed, been disappointed since couple days after the Monday nite Bills game... reminds of the Everly brothers "we lost that loving feeling", and KC took it personal and showed last nite...
Reply/Quote
I used to think he just acted the way he did to hype up his team and himself if you will.

But no,no.

He's just a prick.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
All the trash talk in general was honestly very tame. Keclce's team won and now they're mouthing off a bit. This is nothing new in sports and that will never change.

It helps to take a step back and remember what division the Bengals play in. Everything else is kind of soft in comparison.
Reply/Quote
The only issue I have with trash talk is when it's occurring. I honestly have a much bigger problem with the Bengals in this scenario, but KC is kind of doing the same shit right now.

When our guys went crazy celebrating and spouting off last week, it gave the appearance that they thought they'd reached some really significant goal. The only goal for teams of this caliber is the Super Bowl, period. I think players lose focus when they get too high on their own bs before the end of the road. Winning divisions and playoff games is awesome, but it's time to set the bar a bit higher now.

Perspective: the Bengals have 3 wins and 1 loss vs KC but none of it means a damn thing right now. They were all big wins in the moment, just like the playoff games, but at this point people only care about recent history. The Chiefs will face the same fate if they lose to Philly. A lot of dudes crowing and yelling two weeks before a huge disappointment.

Basically, I want to see this team be a bit more professional down the road. They're young and are developing a winning culture, but they need to be driven by only one thing.

It really seemed like some kind of momentum shifted after the Buffalo win. This team thought they'd proven something, but nothing could have been further from the truth.

As for Kelce, he earned it. He can talk all he wants, and frankly the mayor thing was very deserving of humiliation. Just unfunny and awkward.
Reply/Quote
He is a primo douche. That is all.

Go Eagles!
Reply/Quote
Meh. I still dislike the Watt boys more.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:50 PM)Destro Wrote: Meh. I still dislike the Watt boys more.

X 100.  They are the dudes that you know work super hard because they tell you about it every chance they get.  The kings of pretend humility.  
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Agreed, been disappointed since couple days after the Monday nite Bills game... reminds of the Everly brothers "we lost that loving feeling", and KC took it personal and showed last nite...

Righteous Brothers

but if KC took it so personally, how they need a boneheaded penalty to keep game from OT is kind of puzzling.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

good the Bengals don't need bandwagoning fans from other teams anyway. 

Please don't jump back on this bandwagon next year. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals talk that much shit, they gotta just eat anything that comes back at them if they don't back it up with a W.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote