Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I really despise Travis Kelce
Kelce’s a POS and I hope he has to play his next game with explosive diarrhea and black plague.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:48 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Imagine being a grown man and saying this over a football game. Lol. 

You know, I used to really admire Travis Kelce and George Kittle for their rare physical talents and hard nosed playing styles.  Then, after listening to each of them speak a few times, they quickly lost favor in my book.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
BTW, almost seemed like both Mahomes and Kelce faked their injuries similar to the Pig...

I don't know. Just throwing this out there lol
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BTW, almost seemed like both Mahomes and Kelce faked their injuries similar to the Pig...

I don't know. Just throwing this out there lol

I think Mahomes was playing it up to make a legendary moment. Ala the Jordan flu game. He probably told his BFF Romo to play it up on the broadcast.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think Mahomes was playing it up to make a legendary moment. Ala the Jordan flu game. He probably told his BFF Romo to play it up on the broadcast.

Direct hit!!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:05 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Maybe I am going out on a limb here, but I highly doubt that Kelce's postgame comments had racial undertones referencing the Indian caste system. I think a more reasonable thought is that he was saying "Know your place" in reference to the shit talking he did prior to the game. Maybe that's just me. 

Lol, not just you. Kelce is a douche, but he was definitely talking about a mayor talking football smack, not some imaginary perceived racism. I guess if you're creative enough, anything can be twisted into racism.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't care if he was a Bearcat or not. The fact he was makes it all the worse. Last game he was taking shots at Cincinnati Chili, and last night with his "Know your role and shut your mouth" bs. Dude, you're 1-4, a 25% win percentage and you're gonna run your mouth and talk trash after a win. My feelings towards him are quickly reaching Rapistberger levels.

Hate the guy, but he's a future HOFer and earned the right to run his mouth. If we won we would be laughing at him, so he pretty much is making us eat crow.
Reply/Quote
I hate that whole team except the coach. They give me Pitt vibes now. Hope they get their ass kicked.
Reply/Quote
Not only do we have Kelce talking crap about the city, but we also now have Mahomes' wife taking shots at Damar Hamelin

Quote:Cancun on 3
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:08 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Maybe next time, our Mayor doesn't put out a stupid video the day before the biggest game of the year.

Maybe next time, a player who is mic'd up doesn't call the place that they've only won 1 game "Burrowhead."

Maybe next time, Eli Apple just...doesn't ***** tweet the first thing that comes to his brain.

This team did a lot of work to turn the general NFL audience against them. I hope they learn from this.

I know it's an AFCCG and you don't need bulletin board material or extra motivation, but it'll never go to waste. Best to just not give it at all.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of trash/shit talking at all. Let your game send a message. It's a distraction and embarrassing. Specially when you can't back it up. Then in our case, you get outsiders jumping in like the mayor and Apple's mom? GTFOH. I am truly proud of this team and their efforts. They don't need to ruin or tarnish their achievements with BS like that.

Oh, and FTK!

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not only do we have Kelce talking crap about the city, but we also now have Mahomes' wife taking shots at Damar Hamelin

[Image: brittany-matthews-2-1.jpg?quality=75&str...all&w=1024]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The mayor is a moron.  STFU.  You don't have to go out there and backup your stupid ass comments.

Anytime a politician opens their mouth trying to be 'cool'...it's always cringeworthy as shit. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:59 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Hate the guy, but he's a future HOFer and earned the right to run his mouth. If we won we would be laughing at him, so he pretty much is making us eat crow.

He didn’t earn shit.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:05 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Maybe I am going out on a limb here, but I highly doubt that Kelce's postgame comments had racial undertones referencing the Indian caste system. I think a more reasonable thought is that he was saying "Know your place" in reference to the shit talking he did prior to the game. Maybe that's just me. 

Oklahoma!! Code for closeted KC fan. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:17 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: brittany-matthews-2-1.jpg?quality=75&str...all&w=1024]

Even worse. Cheifs' fans taking shots at Hamlin 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:29 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Oklahoma!! Code for closet KC fan. 

I've been a Bengals fan since I was 10 years old and part of this community since shortly after that. I don't think that refusing to participate in overreactions and remaining reasonable asserts that I am a KC fan, or a fan of any other team, really. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:01 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I hate that whole team except the coach. They give me Pitt vibes now. Hope they get their ass kicked.

Weird, been feeling the same way about KC lately. I do like Andy Reid, dude is a funny guy and just likable and a damn good Coach.

Don't really like anybody on that team other than him though, which is nice for a great rivalry. They got one, good for them.

I bet they beat the Eagles though, they looked terrible against a team without a QB yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:03 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I was being facetious of course but Travis Kelce insulted my city.  If he had stuck to criticizing Bengal players and coaches I wouldn’t have given it a second thought.  

Also, Kelce’s comment, “Know your place!” is a racist slam against Cincinnati’s mayor who is Indian-American. The Indian caste system which unfortunately still exists is all about knowing one’s place.

I hate Kelce with a passion, but he was just doing the classic Rock schtick. Nothing to do with race.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:30 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I've been a Bengals fan since I was 10 years old and part of this community since shortly after that. I don't think that refusing to participate in overreactions and remaining reasonable asserts that I am a KC fan, or a fan of any other team, really. 

Glad to know. That said, you're really leaning into those pats on KCs proverbial back. It's not appreciated less than 12 hours after the NFL and their referees raw dogged the team out of a SB birth. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I hate Kelce with a passion, but he was just doing the classic Rock schtick. Nothing to do with race.

No shit. People bringing up race have the problem...
Reply/Quote