Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think it's time to officially call Pollack to task.
Two bad weeks for the guys up front, and lack of talent is no longer an excuse. Joe wasn't holding the ball too long today, he didn't have time to very often. I get it's been against two good dlines, but this has GOTTA be fixed soon, and next week soon. 

Full disclosure, I've been a Frank Pollack supporter, but his unit is looking bad again with a significant investment in players.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: Two bad weeks for the guys up front, and lack of talent is no longer an excuse. Joe wasn't holding the ball too long today, he didn't have time too very often. I get it's been against two good dlines, but this has GOTTA be fixed, and next week soon. 

Is it too late to get last years line back. They were cheaper and same results. Except we went to Super Bowl.   How many free rushers were there?   

Defense was real disappointing played like crap.  I hate rookie/back up QB’s.  They kill us every time.

Who day. I guess the stadium will be empty by mid year. Pos out look
Reply/Quote
We brought in good players who are for once not old guys but they also are all players whose best play has been in power schemes with driving, attacking blocking not the more reactive wide zone we are using. Even Jonah is better in a power scheme. Pollack needs to change the scheme or leave and the team needs to bring in a legitimate NFL caliber OC and inform Zac he no longer is calling plays.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:12 PM)Joelist Wrote: We brought in good players who are for once not old guys but they also are all players whose best play has been in power schemes with driving, attacking blocking not the more reactive wide zone we are using. Even Jonah is better in a power scheme. Pollack needs to change the scheme or leave and the team needs to bring in a legitimate NFL caliber OC and inform Zac he no longer is calling plays.

I'd like to see Zac give up play calling too, but this more expensive offensive line is worse than last year's. How does that happen? 

Reply/Quote
It's getting harder for me to pin it on the players, when the common denominator between last season and this one so far are all the coaches involved from Taylor to Pollack.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Heres the issue if you are a Cincy coach.

You excelled with bad players and got people to praise you.

You bring in good players, who were established elsewhere. And you make those guy suck to.

As a coach now you have no shield. Everyone knows its not the players now, its whatever bullshit the players are being told to do.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:12 PM)Joelist Wrote: We brought in good players who are for once not old guys but they also are all players whose best play has been in power schemes with driving, attacking blocking not the more reactive wide zone we are using. Even Jonah is better in a power scheme. Pollack needs to change the scheme or leave and the team needs to bring in a legitimate NFL caliber OC and inform Zac he no longer is calling plays.

The thing is the Wide Zone is what the whole offense is based off of. 

The bigger question should be why are we signing and drafting players that do not fit the scheme?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

This please.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: Two bad weeks for the guys up front, and lack of talent is no longer an excuse. Joe wasn't holding the ball too long today, he didn't have time to very often. I get it's been against two good dlines, but this has GOTTA be fixed soon, and next week soon. 

Full disclosure, I've been a Frank Pollack supporter, but his unit is looking bad again with a significant investment in players.

My point with Pollack is, he has done little since Dallas, in the NFL 5 or 6 years is way long ago... i understand not great talent at times but as a coach you have coach them up.. and now we finally go out and acquire some good veterans and multiple draft picks on Oline and we just don;t seem to communicate well and to be honest look soft.  We said he wanted glass eaters but Pollack seems to be serving a cake to us not glass... 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'd like to see Zac give up play calling too, but this more expensive offensive line is worst than last year's. How does that happen? 

A combination of zero preseason snaps together causing communication issues and the blocking scheme not fitting the strengths of the linemen. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: My point with Pollack is, he has done little since Dallas, in the NFL 5 or 6 years is way long ago... i understand not great talent at times but as a coach you have coach them up.. and now we finally go out and acquire some good veterans and multiple draft picks on Oline and we just don;t seem to communicate well and to be honest look soft.  We said he wanted glass eaters but Pollack seems to be serving a cake to us not glass... 

Yeah, it's not a ringing endorsement. I'm not going all sky is falling yet, but they better figure it out very soon and go on a helluva run. It's not just pass pro either, Mixon was getting hit behind the LOS quite a bit again.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:16 PM)J24 Wrote: The thing is the Wide Zone is what the whole offense is based off of. 

The bigger question should be why are we signing and drafting players that do not fit the scheme?

In which case redesign it to fit the players. This sort of "square peg in a round hole" nonsense is something the Bengals are constantly guilty of going back to Marvin. The last offensive coach we had who even tried to design the offense to fit the players strong suits was Hue Jackson...
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: In which case redesign it to fit the players. This sort of "square peg in a round hole" nonsense is something the Bengals are constantly guilty of going back to Marvin. The last offensive coach we had who even tried to design the offense to fit the players strong suits was Hue Jackson...

Yep
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:19 PM)Joelist Wrote: A combination of zero preseason snaps together causing communication issues and the blocking scheme not fitting the strengths of the linemen. 

Pollack is responsible for the run game as the run game coordinator, it ain't doing very well either and it's his baby. He had input on what players to target. They've been solid elsewhere. I'm looking right at FP right now.

They've played 4 quarters of football going into this game. That's way more than they would've played all preseason. I think that was an excuse week one, but not this week. 

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: My point with Pollack is, he has done little since Dallas, in the NFL 5 or 6 years is way long ago... i understand not great talent at times but as a coach you have coach them up.. and now we finally go out and acquire some good veterans and multiple draft picks on Oline and we just don;t seem to communicate well and to be honest look soft.  We said he wanted glass eaters but Pollack seems to be serving a cake to us not glass... 

and Dallas's lines were developed under Callahan, which will go down as Zac's biggest coaching mistake to not reunite with.

I'm glad folks are finally seeing Pollack for what he is. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: and Dallas's lines were developed under Callahan, which will go down as Zach's biggest coaching mistake to not reunite with.

I'm glad folks are finally seeing Pollack for what he is. 

I'd beg Scarnecchia out of retirement. Ninja

Reply/Quote
Parsons beat three blockers, THREE!, on one play. They were chipping, double teaming, and even mixing chips in with double teams and he STILL beat them! That's just sorry play up front.

Reply/Quote
I used to blame Tobin for his poor lineman picks and because he was the one variable that stayed the same. We blamed Paul Alexander at the end and then Jim Turner and now Pollock. Not really sure who’s at fault. I loved the offseason additions on the line. I’m just hoping its just 4 new guys needing time to jell. We need it to happen soon , Burrow looks gun shy and frustrated.
Reply/Quote
I have now idea what to make of the long-term o-line failures. I'm good with replacing Pollack, but who replaces him?How do we trust this team to find a coach that can get an o-line to work when they have failed at every turn for 7 years?

Sadly, I'm also starting to view Collins as a classic grass-is-always-greener scenario. He looked great to us in Dallas, but a lot of Dallas fans weren't super complimentary of his recent play. He has all kinds of problems with speed rushers. Parsons straight up bullied him today.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:25 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I'd beg Scarnecchia out of retirement. Ninja

You think Dante would work for Zac Taylor? That’s a long shot!
Reply/Quote