Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think...
(12-07-2021, 06:53 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Maybe you should think before you write and repost that 19 & 20 seasons to the last 10 seasons of the Jets.

2000-2010 The Jets were in 2 AFC Championships, winning 6 playoff games including the Bengals at Cincy and the Brady/Belicheck Pats at New England. 

I know a lot of Jet fans who rather their 2000 - 2020 run then our 2000 - 2020 run.   

Sorry, but you completely lost me here.

What does the Jets record from 2000 to 2010 have to do with 2019 and 2020?

And, honestly I think Bengal fans are the only ones who ignore Super Bowl Championships and regular season games and only obsess over playoff wins.  Unless a team wins a championship I don't think most fans of most teams would trade 10 straight losing seasons for a playoff win.
Reply/Quote
If this team ends the season with a winning record, I think it will have exceeded the expectations of many. I still hope for the best from this team, but given the last 30+ years of Bengals history, I will still expect to be disappointed, until they consistently win and advance in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 07:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry, but you completely lost me here.

What does the Jets record from 2000 to 2010 have to do with 2019 and 2020?

And, honestly I think Bengal fans are the only ones who ignore Super Bowl Championships and regular season games and only obsess over playoff wins.  Unless a team wins a championship I don't think most fans of most teams would trade 10 straight losing seasons for a playoff win.

Ahh, I bend the knee to my elder counselor.

I was responding to the shortcut terms 19 & 20 seasons. Thinking that the OP was mentioning the last 19 & 20 seasons of the Jets and Lions. 
Had he fully written out the 2019 & 2020 seasons I would have not resorted to 2000 to 2010. Thanks, counselor for pointing this out to me.   
I think some, not all Bengal fans are craving for a playoff win as they simply disregard Marvin's playoff years and wanted him fired even well before his last playoff year with the Bengals in 2015.   
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 01:05 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Ahh, I bend the knee to my elder counselor.

If you do that to Fred, he's gonna pull his weiner out. 

That's what PhilHos told me. Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Prior to the season starting I figured we'd be lucky to end up 8-9 and honestly wouldn't have been shocked at worse than that. And here we are already at 7 so I'm not overly upset.

How many W's do we have left this year ? I dunno ? I'd love to see 3 but it's hard for me to say I'd be disappointed with 2.

How will we end up this wacky season is anybodies guess. But I'm along for the ride.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 01:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: ...But I'm along for the ride.

This is really all we can do, "go along for the ride."
Honestly, since I've taken this approach I'd say my mood/outlook about Bengals football has been much better.

I've dropped all my silly superstitions, too.  I still like to wear my Bengal gear, but I don't feel like what I wear, or if I watch the game (I watch = Bengals loss, etc), matters anymore.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 01:45 PM)Tomkat Wrote: This is really all we can do, "go along for the ride."
Honestly, since I've taken this approach I'd say my mood/outlook about Bengals football has been much better.

I've dropped all my silly superstitions, too.  I still like to wear my Bengal gear, but I don't feel like what I wear, or if I watch the game (I watch = Bengals loss, etc), matters anymore.

I can relate.  I purposely wore the same stuff (jersey, hoodie and socks, even) to the Chargers game that I wore to the Steelers game.  Clearly my clothing wields zero influence on the outcome of these games. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 01:50 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I can relate.  I purposely wore the same stuff (jersey, hoodie and socks, even) to the Chargers game that I wore to the Steelers game.  Clearly my clothing wields zero influence on the outcome of these games. 

Yea, we all know the only one around here who has influence on the game is HOUSH!  Man, f**k him and his jinxes!   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 01:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If you do that to Fred, he's gonna pull his weiner out. 

That is correct.

Pull it out of your mom.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 01:45 PM)Tomkat Wrote: This is really all we can do, "go along for the ride."

Same here. After about 3 or 4 years of total apathy, I'm just along for the ride.....and actually enjoying it. I don't even yell during the games anymore....well, except for the Shitsburgh beat down.  Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 01:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is correct.

Pull it out of your mom.

[Image: NXmc9eI.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Yep

(12-07-2021, 02:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Same here. After about 3 or 4 years of total apathy, I'm just along for the ride.....and actually enjoying it. I don't even yell during the games anymore....well, except for the Shitsburgh beat down.  Cool

Yep, over the last 3 or 4 years I've gotten much calmer no matter how the game is going. I've finally figured out it's not going to change anything, lol.
Reply/Quote

I have an interesting story about this.

In 2006 we started the season very impressive.  We beat a playoff bound Chiefs team by 13 points on the road at a time when they had one of the biggest home field advantages in the league. We blew out the Browns at PBS, and then we beat the defending Super Bowl Champion Steelers by 8 on their home field.  We were the media darlings and Sports Illustrated had us ranked as the #1 team in the entire league.

Then the Pats came to PBS and kicked the shit our of us 38-13.  Based on my expectations it was one of the toughest losses I had ever experienced.  Usually I would have gotten roaring drunk and bitched and moaned on the message boards all night after a game like that.  But at the time my daughter was 2.  She had been wanting to play with me all day.  It must have been a late afternoon game because I remember going outside and eating cookies with her while we watched the sun set. As long as I live I will never forget thinking how stupid I was to get so upset over a football game.  

That was a big turning point for me as a sports fan.  I still get thrilled and excited during games.  And tough losses still hit me hard in the gut.  But when the game is over I move on.  As fans we have absolutely zero effect on who wins.  So you have to realize it is just a game and not let it ruin your whole day (or week).

That being said, if she had been at my house after the playoff loss to the Steelers in '15 I might have just punched her in the face.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 03:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That being said, if she had been at my house after the playoff loss to the Steelers in '15 I might have just punched her in the face.

I'm still glad I watched that one alone..... LOL

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 03:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm still glad I watched that one alone..... LOL

I couldn't watch... I was upstairs in the office getting drunk... and my wife would shout out "updates" every once in awhile.
I still remember being physically ill after that game, and not from the alcohol.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 03:59 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I couldn't watch... I was upstairs in the office getting drunk... and my wife would shout out "updates" every once in awhile.
I still remember being physically ill after that game, and not from the alcohol.

Talk about a roller coaster of emotions.....

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 03:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have an interesting story about this.

In 2006 we started the season very impressive.  We beat a playoff bound Chiefs team by 13 points on the road at a time when they had one of the biggest home field advantages in the league. We blew out the Browns at PBS, and then we beat the defending Super Bowl Champion Steelers by 8 on their home field.  We were the media darlings and Sports Illustrated had us ranked as the #1 team in the entire league.

Then the Pats came to PBS and kicked the shit our of us 38-13.  Based on my expectations it was one of the toughest losses I had ever experienced.  Usually I would have gotten roaring drunk and bitched and moaned on the message boards all night after a game like that.  But at the time my daughter was 2.  She had been wanting to play with me all day.  It must have been a late afternoon game because I remember going outside and eating cookies with her while we watched the sun set. As long as I live I will never forget thinking how stupid I was to get so upset over a football game.  

That was a big turning point for me as a sports fan.  I still get thrilled and excited during games.  And tough losses still hit me hard in the gut.  But when the game is over I move on.  As fans we have absolutely zero effect on who wins.  So you have to realize it is just a game and not let it ruin your whole day (or week).

That being said, if she had been at my house after the playoff loss to the Steelers in '15 I might have just punched her in the face.

I'm kind of the same way, minus wanting to punch my daughter in the face.

I get excited when they win and I certainly don't like when they lose.  But it doesn't piss me off or ruin my day like it used to.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 01:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is correct.

Pull it out of your mom.

I can't imagine any female letting you get your weiner near them. Elderly or not....
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 03:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm still glad I watched that one alone..... LOL

After that game i was too shocked and dumbfounded to be angry. I just sat there staring at the tv thinking "this has to be some cosmic joke". 

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 06:53 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Maybe you should think before you write and repost that 19 & 20 seasons to the last 10 seasons of the Jets.

2000-2010 The Jets were in 2 AFC Championships, winning 6 playoff games including the Bengals at Cincy and the Brady/Belicheck Pats at New England. 

I know a lot of Jet fans who rather their 2000 - 2020 run then our 2000 - 2020 run.   

I meant the 2019 & 2020 seasons when I said 19 or 20 not the last 19 or 20 years.  Jets & Lions have been  pretty dysfunctional as of late.  Bengals too for that matter, except this year. 
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote