Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've gotta give the Bengals credit...
For them NOT hiring Matt Patricia.

Now, I say that tongue in cheek because I dont think he was ever a serious head coaching candidate for the Bengals (although the local media seemed to love him), but man im glad they didnt hire him.

I can honestly sit here and say I would rather have Marvin than him. The guy is a fraud and his defense finally got exposed for what it was last night.

Josh McDaniels on the other hand...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 11:06 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: For them NOT hiring Matt Patricia.

Now, I say that tongue in cheek because I dont think he was ever a serious head coaching candidate for the Bengals (although the local media seemed to love him), but man im glad they didnt hire him.

I can honestly sit here and say I would rather have Marvin than him. The guy is a fraud and his defense finally got exposed for what it was last night.

I'm no Patricia fan, but Hoodie's decision to bench Butler may have sabotaged them.  I don't know the reasoning behind it, but Rowe got torched.  I would think they would have at least tried Butler in the 2nd half.  He did play on teams, so he couldn't have been that ill.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 11:19 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm no Patricia fan, but Hoodie's decision to bench Butler may have sabotaged them.  I don't know the reasoning behind it, but Rowe got torched.  I would think they would have at least tried Butler in the 2nd half.  He did play on teams, so he couldn't have been that ill.

It had to be either injury related or disciplinary. I dont buy the match up bs. 
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 11:24 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It had to be either injury related or disciplinary. I dont buy the match up bs. 

Yeah, I'm leaning maybe disciplinary, because he did play on special teams.  Butler says they gave up on him......interesting series of events for sure.

Reply/Quote
There's always conspiracy theoryland and the idea that he was pulled to ensure that Philly would win to send a message to the bookies of the world .
I'm not quite buying this ,but if it's true I wouldn't exactly be shocked.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Patrica was my pick when we were doing all the HC threads, but man, we might have dodged a bullet on that one. Both defenses were PUTRID last night. IIRC some of the posters like Shake were really surprised with all the love Patrica was getting, and it looks like they were right.

McDaniels called a great game, but he has his work cut out for him. The Colts Oline is even worse than ours. They gave up 56 sacks this season. FIFTY SIX!

Reply/Quote
In all fairness, keeping Marvin Lewis as the HC for what may end up being 20 years has prevented us from hiring a number of HCs that would have been bad. Hell, keeping Mike Brown as the GM for what may end up being 35 years also prevented us from hiring a bunch of dud GMs, too! This is some positive stuff!
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, keeping Marvin Lewis as the HC for what may end up being 20 years has prevented us from hiring a number of HCs that would have been bad.  Hell, keeping Mike Brown as the GM for what may end up being 35 years also prevented us from hiring a bunch of dud GMs, too!  This is some positive stuff!

There is an element of truth about the possibility that there's really no floor to the level of bad that can happen.. I'm not a big supporter of the notion that things can't get any worse.  OH YES THEY CAN  and sometimes actually do.  The same applies to the opposite. Things can always get better too.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
All I know for sure is we're not winning the Super Bowl with Mike as GM and Merv as HC !

Could Patricia change that ??? I dunno
Reply/Quote

why would the bengals look for another head coach when they have marvin signed already?
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: All I know for sure is we're not winning the Super Bowl with Mike as GM and Merv as HC !

Could Patricia change that ??? I dunno

Did you see how well his Defense did in the SB? against a backup QB?
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 02:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: why would the bengals look for another head coach when they have marvin signed already?

....and therein lies the problem.

Reply/Quote

Do you give them credit for letting go of Elliot? Cause he looked pretty damn clutch to me and young that could be here for years...
Reply/Quote
Ugh I mean Bill did trade all his talent like Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins. Also didn't start his best CB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Just because his defense looked got gashed by the Eagles, who was very well coached offensively, I dont know if that translates into how he would be as a head coach.

But I would say that for just about any coordinator making the jump to hc though, even on the flipside of those that do very well as coordinator.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
So naturally this means that because Dick Lebeau had a good defense he would be an excellent head coach!

Exposed for what it was? A top 5 defense that played a good offense? The Eagles were a top team all year. Foles struggled his first couple starts after not playing all year but once the playoffs started he was rock solid. I guess Zimmer is a fraud too?
Reply/Quote

The problem with this is that both want to be HC and they are very good coordinators.  But what you really want is McDaniels to run your offense, and that would not be what he would be doing as a HC.  Ditto Haley.  I think Cleveland will be much better with him running the offense. 
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 02:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: why would the bengals look for another head coach when they have marvin signed already?

I was talking about when Marvin was not signed on for next season... 
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 02:41 PM)GodFather Wrote: Do you give them credit for letting go of Elliot? Cause he looked pretty damn clutch to me and young that could be here for years...

Bengals should have kept Elliot IMO. You dont dispense a kicker you drafted in the fifth round based on pre season performances. 
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 03:07 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Just because his defense looked got gashed by the Eagles, who was very well coached offensively, I dont know if that translates into how he would be as a head coach.

But I would say that for just about any coordinator making the jump to hc though, even on the flipside of those that do very well as coordinator.

I just think the guy is a complete cornball. From his big ass beard to the pencil thats always in his ear. 
Reply/Quote