Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I've wasted my prime message board posting years on the Bengals...
Dillon, Pickens, Palmer, Atkins, Green, Dalton...all wasted their prime years for the Bengals. Putting in lots of effort for little results or accolades.

I consider myself in the same category.

I began posting in the late 90's. I remember people talking about how Akili Smith would turn things around for us. I remember a guy saying that Edgerrin James would get drafted ahead of Ricky Williams and people laughing at him. James did and James had a better career.

I've been an optimist for much of my Bengals posting tenure. I've been naieve. I've attributed the 90's to bad luck drafting. The Carter injury. Guys just turning into busts.

It took me years to see the big picture...that an NFL Team is more than the stars it has. That it has to have a balanced roster with not too many weaknesses.

Well, doing a PFF study today...I realized that we have 17 guys who play regularly that are graded as Poor.

We are some 31 years into my fandom...and my favorite team has 17 guys rated poor! 17!!!

We're about as far away from a Super Bowl as ever. No management changes coming. Marvin is the villain. Dalton is the villain.

Status quo.

I toil away on my keyboard.

Maybe next year...until next year...then it's maybe the next year.

The cycle of a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
Reading pff is bad enough. Taking it as the end all fact is your real problem.

If you have a negative outlook on the team you will find it anywhere. Pff is just some dude on the Internet with zero coaching background trying to tell you how good or bad players are....

Take it for what it is instead of thinking it’s the Bible. Pff is an Auxiliary resource to enhance our enjoyment and understanding of the game. That’s it
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 11:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Reading pff is bad enough.   Taking it as the end all fact is your real problem.  

If you have a negative outlook on the team you will find it anywhere.   Pff is just some dude on the Internet with zero coaching background trying to tell you how good or bad players are....

Take it for what it is instead of thinking it’s the Bible.    Pff is an Auxiliary resource to enhance our enjoyment and understanding of the game.       That’s it

I wish the NFL didn't keep stats of the games...or even keep score. If they just played the games for fun it would be better.

I want to live in willful ignorance. I want to talk about how much Ced has improved from Game 1 to now.

I want to be like...man Mixon looked awesome on that run! But then someone will be like...it was a 1 yard run.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 11:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dillon, Pickens, Palmer, Atkins, Green, Dalton...all wasted their prime years for the Bengals. Putting in lots of effort for little results or accolades.

I began posting in the late 90's. I remember people talking about how Akili Smith would turn things around for us. I remember a guy saying that Edgerrin James would get drafted ahead of Ricky Williams and people laughing at him. James did and James had a better career.

I've been an optimist for much of my Bengals posting tenure. I've been naieve. I've attributed the 90's to bad luck drafting. The Carter injury. Guys just turning into busts.

It took me years to see the big picture...that an NFL Team is more than the stars it has. That it has to have a balanced roster with not too many weaknesses.

Well, doing a PFF study today...I realized that we have 17 guys who play regularly that are graded as Poor.

We are some 31 years into my fandom...and my favorite team has 17 guys rated poor! 17!!!

We're about as far away from a Super Bowl as ever. No management changes coming. Marvin is the villain. Dalton is the villain.

Status quo.

Can we include Darnay Scott?? or no??  I loved Darnay
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 12:22 AM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: Can we include Darnay Scott?? or no??  I loved Darnay

I'll add him as long as you consider me...THE PISTONS on the list in your mind.

Here...And Darnay Scott.

Added. Done.
Reply/Quote
I'm a HOF caliber poster. If this were a Steelers or Cowboys board I'd be there already.

I blame this on being in a small market. Not enough fans. In Dallas I'd be more appreciated. I'd be able to post positive things without sounding sarcastic.
Reply/Quote
lol
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 11:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dillon, Pickens, Palmer, Atkins, Green, Dalton...all wasted their prime years for the Bengals. Putting in lots of effort for little results or accolades.

Status quo.

I feel as if I need to grab your shirt collar and drag your wounded ass off the battlefield so you can get treated by a medic and patch that gaping hole in your chest that has a sucking sound. If you need me to do that for you bro, I will do it as long as you keep fighting for the orange and black. Don't be a Bergdahl!
  Gaah

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 12:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm a HOF caliber poster. If this were a Steelers or Cowboys board I'd be there already.

I blame this on being in a small market. Not enough fans. In Dallas I'd be more appreciated. I'd be able to post positive things without sounding sarcastic.

You can.  Watch this.

Here it is, 11-11-17, and the Bengals didn't lose today!

See, now wasn't that positive and uplifting?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 11:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Take it for what it is instead of thinking it’s the Bible.  

You mean the one that said that the Bengals may come out and slay Goliath tomorrow? (ok, I know Tennessee is not a goliath but hey, WTF did you give me to work with? LOL). 

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 12:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm a HOF caliber poster. If this were a Steelers or Cowboys board I'd be there already.

[Image: Terrel-Owens-Driveway.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 07:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You mean the one that said that the Bengals may come out and slay Goliath tomorrow? (ok, I know Tennessee is not a goliath but hey, WTF did you give me to work with? LOL). 

Well think about it.  The 3-5 Bengals (How in the hell did we win 3??) versus the newly rejuvenated Titans, since getting their young franchise QB back from injury.  Might as well be playing the '85 Bears.  It would take an effort of biblical proportions for this team to pull a victory against arguably one of the best front 7s in the league.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 08:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well think about it.  The 3-5 Bengals (How in the hell did we win 3??) versus the newly rejuvenated Titans, since getting their young franchise QB back from injury.  Might as well be playing the '85 Bears.  It would take an effort of biblical proportions for this team to pull a victory against arguably one of the best front 7s in the league.

I can't do the super bowl shuffle again. I'm sorry, but I just can't! 

We have to beat Tennessee tomorrow.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 11:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dillon, Pickens, Palmer, Atkins, Green, Dalton...all wasted their prime years for the Bengals. Putting in lots of effort for little results or accolades.

Status quo.

Many pundits have viewed your career as a disappointment. Critics point out that you have not responded well to adversity, and that your go to move is very predictable... Just another promising message board member who never lived up to his pre draft hype. You have done wonderful work in giving back to the community though, and younger message board members often look to you as a veteran leader... A glue guy if you will. Many will say that you weren't coached up properly, and maybe that's true, but I feel like the board reached when they drafted you as high as they did.

I'm just bustin' your chops buddy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Please a mod tell me they edited this thread.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Don't take it personally, but there's a lot of whining in this thread. Look on the bright side, if your favorite team was located just 250 miles northeast you would be eternally damned.

[Image: 91-cjjSeroL._SY355_.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 08:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Please a mod tell me they edited this thread.

Why would we need to edit it?  As far as I can see, nothing but good, clean fun, and letting off of frustration going on in here.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 08:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why would we need to edit it?  As far as I can see, nothing but good, clean fun, and letting off of frustration going on in here.

I meant just edited as a joke.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The thread was meant tongue-in-cheek and dripping with sarcasm.

Although in a sense we post about things on this thread and management isn't going to change. Kind of pointless.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 08:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The thread was meant tongue-in-cheek and dripping with sarcasm.

Although in a sense we post about things on this thread and management isn't going to change. Kind of pointless.

I just thought someone was messing with you and edited a thread lol. 

Reply/Quote