Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
I was at the game yesterday...
And it was the best feeling I've had after being a fan for 30 plus years...ever.

It was the best game I've ever seen and the biggest win I've ever been a part of. The atmosphere and the crowd were incredible. The way we came back and the way this team believed was incredible.

I let out the biggest primal yell of my life when that ball went through the uprights to help us clinch the division title. After that, I literally started crying.

The most exciting thing about all of this is that with this team...it's JUST getting started. Division titles, playoff wins, and hopefully many years of Super Bowl runs are in the near future.

Who Dey and props to everyone that was at the game and who has put in time and effort over the years supporting this team. Finally we get some return on our emotional (and financial) investment.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I agree that this was the best win and the best feeling as a Bengals fan for me. We've had other playoff years, but barely any of them felt like we could go and win the Super Bowl.

In 2009, we were the cardiac cats and I honestly never felt like we dominated anyone other than the Bears, so I was skeptical of whether or not we'd win in the playoffs. Especially since we were playing the Jets, who we'd just lost to in the final week of the season (granted, we were resting our starters, but still, it was weird).

In 2011, we had a rookie QB and were just happy to be there. 2012 to 2014, Dalton was in his prime "Bad Dalton/Good Dalton" phase and it was hard to really believe he would be clutch in the playoffs and 2015, the one year Dalton felt clutch and fully "arrived," he gets injured and we limped into the playoffs with McCarron leading our offense.

Maybe older fans had this same feeling in 2005, I can't be sure. I became a fan in 2004, so 2005 was still relatively new to me and I don't think I fully appreciated that team for what it was.

Burrow is just built different. I don't know if we'll win the playoffs, but this is the best I've ever felt about our chances of winning in the post season before and I am so excited to see if they can pull it off!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: And it was the best feeling I've had after being a fan for 30 plus years...ever.

It was the best game I've ever seen and the biggest win I've ever been a part of. The atmosphere and the crowd were incredible. The way we came back and the way this team believed was incredible.

I let out the biggest primal yell of my life when that ball went through the uprights to help us clinch the division title. After that, I literally started crying.

The most exciting thing about all of this is that with this team...it's JUST getting started. Division titles, playoff wins, and hopefully many years of Super Bowl runs are in the near future.

Who Dey and props to everyone that was at the game and who has put in time and effort over the years supporting this team. Finally we get some return on our emotional (and financial) investment.

A big TY to the fans who were there making a difference.

You are spot on, this team will only get better the next few years.

Cincinnati the place free agents will add to their favorite list for a change
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: And it was the best feeling I've had after being a fan for 30 plus years...ever.

I am so happy for you and the other fans who had this opportunity. Particularly sweet after all the criticism this team has been through since the draft and preseason.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I agree that this was the best win and the best feeling as a Bengals fan for me. We've had other playoff years, but barely any of them felt like we could go and win the Super Bowl.

In 2009, we were the cardiac cats and I honestly never felt like we dominated anyone other than the Bears, so I was skeptical of whether or not we'd win in the playoffs. Especially since we were playing the Jets, who we'd just lost to in the final week of the season (granted, we were resting our starters, but still, it was weird).

In 2011, we had a rookie QB and were just happy to be there. 2012 to 2014, Dalton was in his prime "Bad Dalton/Good Dalton" phase and it was hard to really believe he would be clutch in the playoffs and 2015, the one year Dalton felt clutch and fully "arrived," he gets injured and we limped into the playoffs with McCarron leading our offense.

Maybe older fans had this same feeling in 2005, I can't be sure. I became a fan in 2004, so 2005 was still relatively new to me and I don't think I fully appreciated that team for what it was.

Burrow is just built different. I don't know if we'll win the playoffs, but this is the best I've ever felt about our chances of winning in the post season before and I am so excited to see if they can pull it off!

The Carson Palmer led Bengals in 2005 were the closest to what this team feels like. That was the only other team that felt elite and capable of winning a Super Bowl other than this one. We all know what happened in those playoffs, though. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

I bet this was an amazing game to be at!  I went to the Green Bay game this year and that game was the best one I've ever been to, even with losing.  It just feels different this year, and there's no better way to know that than being in the stands and feeling the energy/watching the players.  They're special, and will be for YEARS to come!  WHO DEY!
Reply/Quote
Too many fans think defense does not count.

The '05 Bengals had a poor defense and was not a serious Super Bowl contender. This year's defense is better than the '05 team, but still a problem when talking about winning a Championship.

Both the teams from '13 (#6 scoring offense, #5 scoring defense) and the '15 (#7 scoring offense, #2 scoring defense) were mor balanced and more likely to win a championship than the teams from '05 (#4 scoring offense, #22 scoring defense) and this year (#5 scoring offense, #18 scoring defense).

I am not bashing the current team. Once a team gets in the playoffs anything can happen, but neither the '05 team nor this year's team had the best offense in the league that could just steamroll every opponent.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I agree that this was the best win and the best feeling as a Bengals fan for me. We've had other playoff years, but barely any of them felt like we could go and win the Super Bowl.

If you were here during the 90s, this victory is even sweeter.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Too many fans think defense does not count.

The '05 Bengals had a poor defense and was not a serious Super Bowl contender.  This year's defense is better than the '05 team, but still a problem when talking about winning a Championship.

Both the teams from '13 (#6 scoring offense, #5 scoring defense) and the '15 (#7 scoring offense, #2 scoring defense) were mor balanced  and more likely to win a championship than the teams from '05 (#4 scoring offense, #22 scoring defense) and this year (#5 scoring offense, #18 scoring defense).

I am not bashing the current team.  Once a team gets in the playoffs anything can happen, but neither the '05 team nor this year's team had the best offense in the league that could just steamroll every opponent.

Hard to argue the stats, but I seem to remember having a pretty great defense in 05.  Wasn't that deltha oneal, pollack, thurman, etc?  I'm old now and suffer from CRS (can't remember sh**).
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Carson Palmer led Bengals in 2005 were the closest to what this team feels like. That was the only other team that felt elite and capable of winning a Super Bowl other than this one. We all know what happened in those playoffs, though. 

2005 had a better OL

2021 has a better RB (mixon > rudi)
2021 has a better defense. (2005 had an incredible turnover ratio, but ultimately they gave up a lot of yards).
2021 WR better (no shade at Chad, TJ, Henry, but Higgins and chase just put up two of the biggest bengals receiving days all time. Plus Boyd as the 3. Chase > Chad, Higgins > Henry, Boyd and housh are a toss up.)
2021 doesn’t hAve any headaches (Odell, Henry (RIP), Chad, among others) and all high character guys.
2021 seems like a true brotherhood
2021 has Joe F’n Burrow
Reply/Quote
Shocked 
(01-03-2022, 12:47 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Hard to argue the stats, but I seem to remember having a pretty great defense in 05.  Wasn't that deltha oneal, pollack, thurman, etc?  I'm old now and suffer from CRS (can't remember sh**).

2005 bengals defense relied on turnovers. It was not. Great defense. Bend but don’t break
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:47 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Hard to argue the stats, but I seem to remember having a pretty great defense in 05.  Wasn't that deltha oneal, pollack, thurman, etc?  I'm old now and suffer from CRS (can't remember sh**).

That defense gave up lots of points (22nd) and yards (28th).  If we did not get turnovers we could not stop anyone.  Luckily we got enough turnovers to win a lot of games. But in the playoff game we got zero and the Steelers scored on five straight drives from the end of the first quarter to the start of the fourth quarter.
Reply/Quote

Great year but will be a disappointment if we lose in playoffs,  you cant assume year to year, this is one of healthiest I can remember, team has been able to avoid covid so far

We just defeated the top dog in AFC, we stay healthy with a home game it is time to win now in playoffs. 
Reply/Quote

They generated a lot of turnovers.  Which is good enough if your offense is as high octane as '05 was.
Reply/Quote
For all you youngins out there despite all the evidence to the contrary there never really was a black and white world before you were born. Color has always existed. Just because color film wasn't popular up till a certain time doesn't mean red, blue, green, yellow, etc., were just various shades of gray.. 
OK, just thinking back to what I believed when I was a kid and color TV has still very much a novelty and I believed my parents had never seen color until 1959 hen I was born. Hilarious
I still vividly recall the first SB appearance by the Bengals as well as the second..They were going to absolutely dominate the league for years to come..Well, In our house the first color TV didn't come along till the very first episode of the Brady bunch..  See the correlation there? The Brady Bunch ruined it for all us old f**kers..  We've never been the same since.
Now you know the history of my warped mind and how things really work despite all the evidence to the contrary.. You'll get old too unless you die first.. That's how things REALLY work.. Cool There WILL come a time when all your excitement will be yet another delusion and you begin to expect disappointment..  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

You gotta go to the playoff game now...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:03 PM)Tony Wrote: You gotta go to the playoff game now...

And DON'T watch Brady Bunch reruns! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Carson Palmer led Bengals in 2005 were the closest to what this team feels like. That was the only other team that felt elite and capable of winning a Super Bowl other than this one. We all know what happened in those playoffs, though. 

I don't know if you were there, but screw 2005, this team has me feeling exactly what I was feeling with both the Anderson and Esiason led Super Bowl teams. Complete teams, both sides of the ball. We can win it all this year, and if we don't, we'll reload in the draft and FA and be right back here next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We just defeated the top dog in AFC.

Nah. The Chiefs just lost to the top dog in the AFC. People just don't realize it yet. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know if you were there, but screw 2005, this team has me feeling exactly what I was feeling with both the Anderson and Esiason led Super Bowl teams. Complete teams, both sides of the ball. We can win it all this year, and if we don't, we'll reload in the draft and FA and be right back here next year.
The last 2 times the Bengals followed up a 4 win season (81-88) and won the division , they went to the superbowl...
Reply/Quote