Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF We lose to Arizona...
So the Cardinals have 0 wins. Their coach appears in over his head. We're at home. This is an extremely winnable game.

But, IF we lose this game...we only have 2 other games on the schedule that I could see us being favored in with the Jets and Dolphins.

It's hard to even come up with a plausible scenario where we beat the 2-2 Raiders.
Reply/Quote
I think if we lose we will be 0-5. Other than that, nothing new.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm talking chance we go 1-15 or 2-14 IF we lose this game.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 10:32 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm talking chance we go 1-15 or 2-14 IF we lose this game.

Which might be exactly what we need...

Reply/Quote
Wow..the word IF couldn't be more appropriate for a misplaced fantasy if you tried..
Of course we've all had other misplaced fantasies, but I doubt any of them could rival the one of IF we lose to...[insert other teams names ]

As a side note..IF I thought that by losing all 16 games this season it would result in the Brown family stepping away from actual thinking they know how to run a winning franchise I'd be all for it, but it's pretty much carved in stone that it's not happening..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 10:32 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm talking chance we go 1-15 or 2-14 IF we lose this game.

That's right up there with thinking IF the sky actually fell and landed on all of us.  Nobody can accuse you of misplaced gambling on the Bengals..other than perhaps thinking we might win at least one game this season.. I can see a few games this season where it's going to be a real grind to see who can play worse. Jets? Fins? Cards? Tough call. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 10:48 AM)grampahol Wrote: That's right up there with thinking IF the sky actually fell and landed on all of us.  Nobody can accuse you of misplaced gambling on the Bengals..other than perhaps thinking we might win at least one game this season.. I can see a few games this season where it's going to be a real grind to see who can play worse. Jets? Fins? Cards? Tough call. 

That's what I mean. IF we lose to Arizona...the Jets and Dolphins will be the only other teams we're potentially favored to beat. And the Jets get Darnold back.

Could we beat the Browns? Sure. Could we beat the Ravens? Sure.

But, IF we lose to Arizona, there are some odds we go 2-14.

We don't know what's up with AJ Green either. There is some speculation that he won't play this year. IF he plays, we'll obviously win more games. But, without AJ and Ross...it's going to be tough sledding.
Reply/Quote
I am hoping the Bengals don't win enough games to miss on their QB of the future next draft. I pretty much have given up hope the Bengals will make the playoffs this year. They have many areas that they can address with talent if they remain in the top 3 of next draft.

I hope they get creative during the draft and are willing to deal. There are some good talent coming out next year, especially at QB, WR, and some good OT.

If you are a Bengal fan, it will take about 2-3 years to purge the roster maybe longer. The days of Dalton to Green will be coming to an end.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 01:31 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am hoping the Bengals don't win enough games to miss on their QB of the future next draft. I pretty much have given up hope the Bengals will make the playoffs this year. They have many areas that they can address with talent if they remain in the top 3 of next draft.

I hope they get creative during the draft and are willing to deal. There are some good talent coming out next year, especially at QB, WR, and some good OT.

If you are a Bengal fan, it will take about 2-3 years to purge the roster maybe longer. The days of Dalton to Green will be coming to an end.

Playoffs? LOL

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM
Reply/Quote
Put in Finley and see that he has. Give the front office an opportunity to see if QB is a draft need or not.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 01:31 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am hoping the Bengals don't win enough games to miss on their QB of the future next draft. I pretty much have given up hope the Bengals will make the playoffs this year. They have many areas that they can address with talent if they remain in the top 3 of next draft.

Playoffs? LOL

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 01:31 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am hoping the Bengals don't win enough games to miss on their QB of the future next draft.  I pretty much have given up hope the Bengals will make the playoffs this year.  They have many areas that they can address with talent if they remain in the top 3 of next draft.  

I hope they get creative during the draft and are willing to deal.  There are some good talent coming out next year, especially at QB, WR, and some good OT.  

If you are a Bengal fan, it will take about 2-3 years to purge the roster maybe longer.  The days of Dalton to Green will be coming to an end.

The roster purge can be done in a year.  We would have to accept being uncompetitive for that year as we absorbed the cap hit of the cuts and trades, but then you would have your money to rebuild in FA the following year.  You just can't miss in FA or on a bunch of your early draft picks.

Trading down only really seems to work out if you get a boatload of picks, including multiple 1st's.  How many times has this franchise been burned by trading down a few spots and a HoF type player at the same spot flies off the board right in front of us?  
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 07:17 PM)Whatever Wrote: The roster purge can be done in a year.  We would have to accept being uncompetitive for that year as we absorbed the cap hit of the cuts and trades, but then you would have your money to rebuild in FA the following year.  You just can't miss in FA or on a bunch of your early draft picks.

Trading down only really seems to work out if you get a boatload of picks, including multiple 1st's.  How many times has this franchise been burned by trading down a few spots and a HoF type player at the same spot flies off the board right in front of us?  

We've been rebuilding for 28 years. There's no way they will turn this around in 1 year. They are incapable.
Reply/Quote
If we lose to Arizona it will be par the course. The season is over.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Losing to a winless team at home sounds like something a 2-14 team would do, that's for sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 07:17 PM)Whatever Wrote: The roster purge can be done in a year.  We would have to accept being uncompetitive for that year as we absorbed the cap hit of the cuts and trades, but then you would have your money to rebuild in FA the following year.  You just can't miss in FA or on a bunch of your early draft picks.

Maybe with an experienced head coach, but Taylor is idealistic at his first gig.  He is going to try to make things work and that includes some of the coaching personnel.  I think it will take an off season for reality to sink in before he starts making some real changes.  I think Green is going to be a problem in the sense that Mike Brown will want to extend him.  I think the days of showing aging vets loyalty should be over.  Not sure Taylor can handle Brown or the front office in terms of disagreements with personnel.  Not sure he ever will.  But there will come a point where Taylor may now how to make things work to modernize this franchise to win and he will have to bump heads at the top to get things done.  I say toward the end of next year and off season.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
In all honesty it's probably best if we go 1-15 or 2-14 then 3-13 or 4-12.
The thing that would suck is if we win 3 or 4 games at the end of the season. If J Williams, Glenn, AJ, Ross, and Lawson are all playing in December then they can steal a couple of games.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 11:04 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's what I mean. IF we lose to Arizona...the Jets and Dolphins will be the only other teams we're potentially favored to beat. And the Jets get Darnold back.

Could we beat the Browns? Sure. Could we beat the Ravens? Sure.

But, IF we lose to Arizona, there are some odds we go 2-14.

We don't know what's up with AJ Green either. There is some speculation that he won't play this year. IF he plays, we'll obviously win more games. But, without AJ and Ross...it's going to be tough sledding.

I, the eternal optimist, has no way of seeing this happen. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 05:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I, the eternal optimist, has no way of seeing this happen. 

Yeah, we’re not beating either of those teams. Chubb will run all over us, and the Ravens defense will easily shut us down.

Reply/Quote
LMAO Most of you weren't around in '85 and it shows....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote