Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISIS
(03-08-2017, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real, you two haven't heard about Mad Dog's plan? It was pretty big news a couple weeks back and just to keep you in the loop they are talking about repealing Obama Care.

It was such big news Trump didn't even tweet about what big news it was. 
(03-08-2017, 06:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/02/28/mattis-gives-white-house-tentative-plan-rapid-defeat-isis.html

Oh...so exactly what they were already doing except, uh, "extreme"?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-08-2017, 07:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh...so exactly what they were already doing except, uh, "extreme"?

Well, generally, yeah.  But, uh, it has . . . like . . . Trump's brand on it now, man. The brand makes it better. That's why it cost $56 billion more. "Historic."
(03-08-2017, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real, you two haven't heard about Mad Dog's plan? It was pretty big news a couple weeks back and just to keep you in the loop they are talking about repealing Obama Care.

I seriously hadn't heard anything about it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-23-2017, 03:25 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Trump ordered his top Generals on Friday to eradicate ISIS in 30 days.

Well, someone let the cat out of the bag. Mission abandoned. Damnit. Walmarts going to run out of towels.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-08-2017, 10:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I seriously hadn't heard anything about it.

I am surprised. I mentioned it in this thread a couple weeks back:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-So-you-have-to-start-winning-wars-again

Quote:Links usually are helpful in threads such as this. Are we talking about Mad Dog's plan to defeat ISIS that was released today or are we talking AGAIN about something Trump said? Just in case it's the latter allow me to fit in:
Quote:He sure does like to win wars.

Of course it didn't get discussed as my request to know exactly what we were discussing was determined to be in poor taste. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-08-2017, 11:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I am surprised. I mentioned it in this thread a couple weeks back:

Of course it didn't get discussed as my request to know exactly what we were discussing was determined to be in poor taste. 

Maybe you should have included a link. I kinda remember someone claiming links are usually helpful in threads such as this. 
(03-08-2017, 11:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I am surprised. I mentioned it in this thread a couple weeks back:

Just re-read that entire thread...you never linked to an actual plan.

But, thanks?
Quote:Maybe you should have included a link. I kinda remember someone claiming links are usually helpful in threads such as this.

(03-08-2017, 11:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: Just re-read that entire thread...you never linked to an actual plan.

But, thanks?

Yeah, Once Hollo kinda explained what the thread was about it really had nothing to do with Mad Dog's plan. So I didn't want to hijack. I blame myself for not understanding what he was revering to exactly and asking for a link. I've learned my lesson and just sorta go whichever direction you want. 

I guess i will just put this in here. And im not providing a link. Everyone has google.

This one hits kinda close to home since I was part of a MEU.

We are putting boots on the ground in the cluster **** that is Syria. Conventional forces. Not the special ops that have number in the hundreds and have been operating there.

This just doesnt sit well with me. Are we proping up dictator Assad? Turkey is in there Russia is in there and quite a few more countries.

A civil war with plenty of other factions involved. Putting American troops on the front lines in harms way for the dumpster fire that is Syria is a bad idea.

Anybody else have thoughts on this?
(01-23-2017, 05:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to see a "mission accomplished" moment followed by years of denial that IS is still doing their thing.

I find the suggestion that DJ Trump would tell a fib outrageous! Hilarious
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(03-09-2017, 02:33 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I guess i will just put this in here. And im not providing a link. Everyone has google.

We are putting boots on the ground in the cluster **** that is Syria. Conventional forces. Not the special ops that have number in the hundreds and have been operating there.

This just doesnt sit well with me. Are we proping up dictator Assad? Turkey is in there Russia is in there and quite a few more countries.

A civil war with plenty of other factions involved. Putting American troops on the front lines in harms way for the dumpster fire that is Syria is a bad idea.

It's like the lottery. You can't win an unnecessary war if you don't fight it.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

I have said it before, a lot of times I skim threads and if it is the same old shit I just move on. That, combined with my lower enthusiasm for military policy compared to domestic probably caused me to not pay that thread much attention.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-09-2017, 12:36 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, Once Hollo kinda explained what the thread was about it really had nothing to do with Mad Dog's plan. So I didn't want to hijack. I blame myself for not understanding what he was revering to exactly and asking for a link. I've learned my lesson and just sorta go whichever direction you want. 

I'll type loudly so so you can hear me all the way up on that cross:

I wasn't faulting you for not sharing a link in the other thread....I'm saying you "mentioned" a new plan but gave no idea what it was or when it was released or anything other than what you said:

(02-27-2017, 11:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Links usually are helpful in threads such as this. Are we talking about Mad Dog's plan to defeat ISIS that was released today

Then YOU said:

(02-27-2017, 11:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: or are we talking AGAIN about something Trump said? Just in case it's the latter allow me to fit in:

He sure does like to win wars.

So if YOU wanted to talk about an actual plan you certainly could have before:

Quote:Hollo kinda explained what the thread was about
So are they gone?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-09-2017, 10:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'll type loudly so so you can hear me all the way up on that cross:

I wasn't faulting you for not sharing a link in the other thread....I'm saying you "mentioned" a new plan but gave no idea what it was or when it was released or anything other than what you said:

Then YOU said:

So if YOU wanted to talk about an actual plan you certainly could have before:
Thanks

(03-09-2017, 02:33 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I guess i will just put this in here. And im not providing a link. Everyone has google.

My understanding is that these new troops are not front line; however, I have said before if we want to truly end it, you gotta get Troops on the ground. I'm tired of the whole "dipping our toe in it". Either commit or GTFO completely and say "sorry about your luck" like we do in Africa.

(03-09-2017, 10:34 AM)bfine32 Wrote: My understanding is that these new troops are not front line; however, I have said before if we want to truly end it, you gotta get Troops on the ground. I'm tired of the whole "dipping our toe in it". Either commit or GTFO completely and say "sorry about your luck" like we do in Africa.
While I'd like to take a hands-off approach with the middle-east, I agree with this.
If you insist on going in, go in hard, with overwhelming firepower.

With Syria, the UN should have went in and taken over 25% of the country, as a refugee haven.
The fact that they hadn't done such a thing proves that they continue to be irrelevant and we should wash our hands of them.
Pretty blue hats going to waste, anyway.
(03-09-2017, 12:21 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: If you insist on going in, go in hard, with overwhelming firepower.

That's what she said.

(03-09-2017, 12:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's what she said.
That's one of the things I love about you.
You validate those softballs I throw out.
Thanks for making me feel appreciated.