Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ian Rapoport: Bengals reaching out to non-in-house candidates
(12-31-2017, 01:34 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Our new coach will be Josh Mcdaniels. You heard it here first. most of the present staff will gone as well.

I would prefer Matt Patricia if the Bengals “go Patriot” but Josh McDaniels has a playoff victory against the Steelers under his belt as a head coach. That counts for something!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 02:30 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Reports are the Broncos are going to fire Vance Joseph. Of all the past coaches that the Bengals might try and bring back, he would be tops on my list.

I can also see Joseph coming back to Cincy as the defensive coordinator when Paul Guenther leaves for the Redskins.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 02:30 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Reports are the Broncos are going to fire Vance Joseph. Of all the past coaches that the Bengals might try and bring back, he would be tops on my list.

That settles it.

Guenther is going to get the HC job and ask for Joseph to be his DC...
Reply/Quote
As long as part of this is Piano Man leaving too...
Reply/Quote
Maybe it really was Mike Brown outside my garage the other day going, "Here kitty kitty kitty.." I told you my cat is available.. 
She has a lot going for her. She's old, stuck in her ways and shows little emotion during games..
The Bengals new head coach..my filthy old cat who lost all her manners.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 02:52 PM)Joelist Wrote: As long as part of this is Piano Man leaving too...

Oh yes. This has to be the part of ANY deal. I’ve been studying offensive line play for decades and he doesn’t have “it.”
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 02:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That settles it.

Guenther is going to get the HC job and ask for Joseph to be his DC...

And that might not be bad....
Reply/Quote
“This will be open by Cincy standards”

What the hell does that mean? We can bring someone in but it will be Mike’s way or the highway?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 03:32 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: “This will be open by Cincy standards”

What the hell does that mean? We can bring someone in but it will be Mike’s way or the highway?

Yep!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
He also mentioned the possibility of Marvin moving into the FO. Didn't say in what capacity. And this would mean Marvin would still be having his paw prints all over the franchise. No thank you.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 03:34 PM)McC Wrote: He also mentioned the possibility of Marvin moving into the FO.  Didn't say in what capacity.  And this would mean Marvin would still be having his paw prints all over the franchise.  No thank you.

And, although it might not be the popular sentiment, I think Lewis would make a good GM.....
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 03:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And, although it might not be the popular sentiment, I think Lewis would make a good GM.....

And there goes any new kind of direction.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 03:33 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Yep!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, that doesn’t do any good. Marvin mind as well keep coaching. I have to wonder what would’ve happened if we kept Zietler and Whit. It all starts with the cheap ass at the top
Reply/Quote
There will be many job openings this year for head coach. There will probably be more openings than candidates that knock your socks off. The bengas are the McDonald’s (pay and benefits) of the NFL. Hell, the current staff is bitching that they are way underpaid. Even if the Bengals offer a strong candidate the job, I’m not sure that they take it.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 03:32 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: “This will be open by Cincy standards”

It means all of Hamilton County, not just the stadium.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 03:37 PM)McC Wrote: And there goes any new kind of direction.

Like Ken Broo said this morning:  Having Merv around for the next coach would be like having your first wife be a marriage counselor for you and your second wife.  No thanks.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 03:37 PM)McC Wrote: And there goes any new kind of direction.

As far as new direction, Merv took this team from the joke of the 90's to a respectable contender. His direction is not the problem, it is his coaching abilities on the field, and his inabilities to get the team ready for the big games. And, since he evidently was pissed they let Whit leave, and did not want Ross, etc., those decisions are not really on him. Maybe if he is GM, Katie will LET him be GM and Mike will retire. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 03:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As far as new direction, Merv took this team from the joke of the 90's to a respectable contender. His direction is not the problem, it is his coaching abilities on the field, and his inabilities to get the team ready for the big games. And, since he evidently was pissed they let Whit leave, and did not want Ross, etc., those decisions are not really on him. Maybe if he is GM, Katie will LET him be GM and Mike will retire. 

He would set the tone for the team on the field,  so we'll keep seeing the chicken shit schemes, the lack of aggression, the predictability, all the stuff that makes me want him gone.

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind if Marvin was kept on-board as the head of our scouting department.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 03:47 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I wouldn't mind if Marvin was kept on-board as the head of our scouting department.

This would be something I could get on board with.   Do not want him running the whole show, though.

Reply/Quote