Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ian Rapoport: Bengals reaching out to non-in-house candidates
(12-31-2017, 03:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And that might not be bad....

Well, that would probably mean that the majority of the staff returns, including Alexander...so, in my opinion, it's the complete opposite of what needs to happen.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 03:48 PM)McC Wrote: This would be something I could get on board with.   Do not want him running the whole show, though.

I would take Marvin running the whole show if that meant Mike Brown wasn't running any of the show.
Reply/Quote
I used to be in the “Marv for GM” camp, but his whole dementor and style need to be removed from the franchise. Secondly, Marv has stated several times and as recently as two weeks ago he has no desire to work in a FO role. He sees himself as a coach and only wants to coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 03:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Well, that would probably mean that the majority of the staff returns, including Alexander...so, in my opinion, it's the complete opposite of what needs to happen.

Not necessarily. We have no idea what Guenther or Simmons thinks about Alexander, or anyone else. Time would tell.....
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 05:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not necessarily. We have no idea what Guenther or Simmons thinks about Alexander, or anyone else. Time would tell.....

We also don’t know what Marvin thought of him either. Did he have the say so to replace anyone on the staff? Or was that decision from above? I don’t know!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 05:20 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: We also don’t know what Marvin thought of him either.  Did he have the say so to replace anyone on the staff?  Or was that decision from above?  I don’t know!

It always seemed like he could fire anyone he wanted but PA.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Does anyone know if this situation of the entire coaching staff contracts expiring at the end of the same season, happen before in team history? Is it common around the league? Could it mean bigger changes than just a HC?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 05:23 PM)McC Wrote: It always seemed like he could fire anyone he wanted but PA.

You're assuming he wanted to.

But Marvin did fire 4 coordinators in his time here:  Frazier, Bresnahan, Bratkowski, and Zampeze.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 05:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: You're assuming he wanted to.

But Marvin did fire 4 coordinators in his time here:  Frazier, Bresnahan, Bratkowski, and Zampeze.

Or was he finally allowed to fire them?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 05:48 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Or was he finally allowed to fire them?

Well I think the only one that predated Marv was Bratkowski? The rest were his hires, so probably his choice to fire.

So, yes on Brat and no on the rest.
Reply/Quote
NO to pat shurmur and NO to Todd Haley

Those guys show no emotion. We need someone that gets into it!!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 05:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: You're assuming he wanted to.

Brat was the only one he didn't hire. Mike has his guys don't fool yourself.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 06:24 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Brat was the only one he didn't hire. Mike has his guys don't fool yourself.

Marvin was once asked about retaining some of the offensive staff when he arrived, and he stated that he learned from Billick the value of retaining some of the existing staff on the opposite side of the ball from your expertise.  Don't think he didn't have the opportunity to replace him then.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 0827125001451366819_filepicker.jpg]

Welcome new Bengals Head Coach, Larvin Mewis!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 01:34 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Our new coach will be Josh Mcdaniels. You heard it here first. most of the present staff will gone as well.

Would love this. Would be a bit worried if he overhauls the defense. But would love the offense with our guys.
Reply/Quote
I would like Matt Patricia
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Am I the only one who hopes we go after Jack Del Rio?? Success with "small market" Jacksonville, turned around a blundering Raiders franchise only to get the shaft in favor of Jon Gruden Rolleyes

I'd be very happy with Del Rio... So, naturally, it likely won't happen    
Reply/Quote
Unless it also has Piano Man leaving the OL problems will persist.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:02 AM)Joelist Wrote: Unless it also has Piano Man leaving the OL problems will persist.

100% in agreement with this statement. Alexander has to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Maybe this is just posturing by both marvin and mike. Marvin trying to get more control and mike showing him he will go outside.
Reply/Quote