Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed
(11-17-2023, 04:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: You have to take it higher up actually. Brian Callahan has to go also and Zac has to be barred from play calling. Bring in a real NFL caliber offensive coordinator who has a system that fits the players and install it. Joe may love shotgun but his line is suited better for under center with power schemes. His receivers need new schemes on the routes designed to get them a bit of space. The backs have to just hit the hole and not go down on the first contact. The players are here the system does not fit their strengths. 

How many games should we win the rest of the season? With an inexperienced QB and the way the defense has been playing?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 10:27 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It should have dampened all the slobbering licking posters on here praising the KC FO for every move they’ve made. Their formula of average receivers failed them last night. KC’s defense may be improved but they aren’t as elite on offense this year. They aren’t protecting as well.

yet 7-3, 1st in the NFL in least 3 and outs and after their most likely win Sunday against Raiders will be sitting in 1st place in AFC. so i think they are doing pretty well with their moves over time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 01:11 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And how many of our remaining games should we win?

If we end at least 8-8, he'll get my respect. That's what, 3 more games?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 10:27 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It should have dampened all the slobbering licking posters on here praising the KC FO for every move they’ve made. Their formula of average receivers failed them last night. KC’s defense may be improved but they aren’t as elite on offense this year. They aren’t protecting as well.

Hot take... KC with double the amount of Super Bowl wins as we have appearances in the last 5 years... They really ain't all that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 02:55 PM)jason Wrote: Hot take... KC with double the amount of Super Bowl wins as we have appearances in the last 5 years... They really ain't all that.

Don’t follow. But I’ll try. Hot take … Taylor/Burrow 3-1 vs Reid/Mahomes
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 02:42 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: If we end at least 8-8, he'll get my respect. That's what, 3 more games?

LMAO they are 5-5 now so minus Burrow they should go 3-4 to get your respect? Did they get your respect by beating the Bills & SF and scoring more points than their 1 & 4 defenses against scoring were allowing?

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 02:42 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: If we end at least 8-8, he'll get my respect. That's what, 3 more games?

If they go 3-4 they may extend Zac 5 more years lol.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 11:54 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Thank you. Atleast one other person remembers it the way I do. Alot of deep shots in the Dalton era felt like wasted plays that put us behind the sticks. I liked Dalton so I'm not just hating but he obviously had faults to his game with us. 

His best throws were seam throws straight down the field 25 to 30 yards. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 03:24 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If they go 3-4 they may extend Zac 5 more years lol.

what if they go 1-6..  yeah, he'll get my respect if they go .500 or better

The squeelers have been in the sewer and usually end up .500  

Let's see what Zac can really do without Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 01:09 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And Jimmy Johnson and a litany of other great coaches.

Jimmy Johnson built that Dallas team himself. Best O-line ever.
Reply/Quote
We’re about to find out what kind of coach Zac Taylor really is. Can he lead the Bengals to the playoffs without Joe Burrow? If the Bengals beat the Steelers I say yes.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 03:28 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Jimmy Johnson built that Dallas team himself. Best O-line ever.

Don’t disagree but he was not successful w/o Troy. He was 36-28 with the Dolphins. In his first 2 seasons with Troy Aikman he was 9-24. In Zac’s first 2 seasons with Burrow they were 14-18-1 and Burrow missed 6 games.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 03:38 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: We’re about to find out what kind of coach Zac Taylor really is. Can he lead the Bengals to the playoffs without Joe Burrow? If the Bengals beat the Steelers I say yes.

Vince Lombardi w/ Bill Walsh as OC and Bill Parcells as DC probably couldn’t get this team to the playoffs. But how many games should we win?

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 03:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Vince Lombardi w/ Bill Walsh as OC and Bill Parcells as DC probably couldn’t get this team to the playoffs. But how many games should we win?

I have said we win 1 game before this game, but Sunday's game against the stealers will be telling. If we beat them and do so 
in beatdown fashion we certainly could go on a run, but it might not even matter and we still miss the Playoffs. As you say, it is a
tall hill to climb with a backup QB and even the best coaches probably couldn't pull it off.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 03:28 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: what if they go 1-6..  yeah, he'll get my respect if they go .500 or better

The squeelers have been in the sewer and usually end up .500  

Let's see what Zac can really do without Burrow.

Right now they aren’t favored in 1 game by Vegas and they can’t go .500 unless they tie. But what you really mean is if they go .500 you’ll give it up to Zac until next year when he loses a game.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 03:47 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Don’t disagree but he was not successful w/o Troy. He was 36-28 with the Dolphins. In his first 2 seasons with Troy Aikman he was 9-24. In Zac’s first 2 seasons with Burrow they were 14-18-1 and Burrow missed 6 games.

Come on man, without that line Troy would'nt be a Hall of Famer, neither would Emmett or Irvin. Who drafted all those guys? Jimmy had full control of all players drafted. Jimmy gets the credit.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 03:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Vince Lombardi w/ Bill Walsh as OC and Bill Parcells as DC probably couldn’t get this team to the playoffs. But how many games should we win?

It depends on this upcoming game.

If Pissburgh wins? One or two.

If Cincinnati wins? Four or five.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 04:17 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Come on man, without that line Troy would'nt be a Hall of Famer, neither would Emmett or Irvin. Who drafted all those guys? Jimmy had full control of all players drafted. Jimmy gets the credit.

Read my first words in response to you. I said I don’t disagree. I’m not disputing how great their OL was. Following along with the discussion preceding no coach w/o a high level QB has done much. Hurts ain’t top 5 QB’s but close. He’s got a great OL. My point is so many want to say Joe Burrow carries Zac. Yet so many QB’s also carried coaches considered great.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 04:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It depends on this upcoming game.

If Pissburgh wins? One or two.

If Cincinnati wins? Four or five.

So if they beat Pittsburg they should go 5-2 minimum. LMAO They may have gone 5-2 with the whole team healthy throughout … too damn funny. I’ll play… I’m predicting 17-0 next year.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 04:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: So if they beat Pittsburg they should go 5-2 minimum. LMAO They may have gone 5-2 with the whole team healthy throughout … too damn funny. I’ll play… I’m predicting 17-0 next year.

im thinking a good finish if we can stay healthy is 3-4, i felt with Burrow our best would have been 5-2.
Reply/Quote