Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed
(11-23-2023, 01:17 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The only person you're allowed to compare to Andy Reid is Wilford Brimley.

Mike Holmgren is also acceptable.

[Image: 83562920.jpg.0.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 12:58 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: How many games do you think Taylor is going to win w/o Burrow? I'll make you a sig bet with you that he doesn't win more than 2 games the rest of the year.

These are the KILLER QBs we'll have to face the rest of the year.

Pickett x2
Lawrence
Richardson (or Minshew)
Dobbs
Mahommes
Thompson-Robinson (or Flacco)

Obviously titans of the game. With that list of QBs we should EASILY win more than 2 games if Taylor was a good HC.

If Taylor was a great coach he’d win the big games which he does time after time. 5-2 in the playoffs. 6-2 vs KC,SF, & Bills. I’m judging him in the big games. And I already have
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 12:58 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: How many games do you think Taylor is going to win w/o Burrow? I'll make you a sig bet with you that he doesn't win more than 2 games the rest of the year.

Pickett x2
Lawrence
Richardson (or Minshew)
Dobbs
Mahommes

Obviously titans of the game. With that list of QBs we should EASILY win more than 2 games if Taylor was a good HC.

Richardson is done for the year.

We will win 2 games for sure.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 10:27 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If Taylor was a great coach he’d win the big games which he does time after time. 5-2 in the playoffs. 6-2 vs KC,SF, & Bills. I’m judging him in the big games. And I already have

All of our remaining games are big games. We're "still in the hunt", so these games are crucial to making the playoffs. Let's see how they do.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 11:39 AM)jason Wrote: All of our remaining games are big games. We're "still in the hunt", so these games are crucial to making the playoffs. Let's see how they do.

I'm hopeful Browning getting a week of first team reps and practices translate to some on field success.
Reply/Quote

Pickett x2
Lawrence
Richardson (or Minshew)
Dobbs
Mahommes

We should win a couple games but not sure how easily...

Steelers and Browns have way better defenses than us and they both run the ball well.  
KC defense is very good, and of course Mahomes.
Colts and Minshew beat the Ravens in Bmore and had the Browns beat without back-to-back horrendous flags.
Jaguars are a solid team.
No idea how the Vikings keep winning?

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 11:42 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm hopeful Browning getting a week of first team reps and practices translate to some on field success.

I think he'll look better than he did Thursday night. My hopes are pretty low though. I'd love to be wrong and see a scrappy team come out and beat the Steelers with some ingenuity. I'm just of the belief that Joe carries this team. I'd love to be wrong because I'm really not terribly excited about Sundays right now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 10:27 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If Taylor was a great coach he’d win the big games which he does time after time. 5-2 in the playoffs. 6-2 vs KC,SF, &  Bills. I’m judging him in the big games. And I already have

Yeah I knew you wouldn't sig bet me. If you actually believed Taylor was even a halfway decent coach you would. Only 2 out of the last 7 have starting caliber QBs. If we lose those games we've been out coached.

(11-23-2023, 11:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Richardson is done for the year.

We will win 2 games for sure.

Well then we're playing 5 games against essentially backup QBs. I know Taylor gets carried by Burrow and Chase so I am super confident we won't win more than 2 games. I'll do a year long sig bet for anyone who disagrees. I've watched what Taylor can do for the last 5 seasons and the coaching has been a big disappointment.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 09:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’d need to see the injury situation. But if we’ve got decent health realizing all teams can be missing a few players I’d say 0 wins is an issue. 1 win okay 2 good job and 3 win’s excellent. That’s if we are underdogs all games. Personally I think the issue is Pollack. He’s not helping in the scheming. We’ve bolstered the line and the protection better but the run game sucks and it shouldn’t. Needed it bad when Joe was unhealthy early and more so now.

Pollack: “What if we run the ball more than 15 attempts per game?”
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 12:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Pollack: “What if we run the ball more than 15 attempts per game?”

What if the OL coach could generate success?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 12:07 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah I knew you wouldn't sig bet me. If you actually believed Taylor was even a halfway decent coach you would. Only 2 out of the last 7 have starting caliber QBs. If we lose those games we've been out coached.

Well then we're playing 5 games against essentially backup QBs. I know Taylor gets carried by Burrow and Chase so I am super confident we won't win more than 2 games. I'll do a year long sig bet for anyone who disagrees. I've watched what Taylor can do for the last 5 seasons and the coaching has been a big disappointment.

LMAO. 2 AFC championship games 1 AFC title 1 SB appearance. 5-2 in the playoffs should be a lifetime contract at this place. Complete resurrection

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 02:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: LMAO. 2 AFC championship games 1 AFC title 1 SB appearance. 5-2 in the playoffs should be a lifetime contract at this place. Complete resurrection

Take that bet then...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 04:20 PM)jason Wrote: Take that bet then...

I don’t have confidence in Browning. And don’t subscribe to their strategy on a backup. Bill Belicheck will tell you and Nick Saban at the Dolphins will tell you about life w/o good quarterbacking. Nor am I evaluating Zac on these next 7 games. I don’t give 2 ___ about anything but the playoffs and titles. He’s trail blazed there.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 02:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: What if the OL coach could generate success?

Who hired him? Who made him run game coordinator?

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 08:06 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm not sure anyone is saying fire him. Might be where the disconnect is all I'm saying or hearing is get an OC to call the plays. 

The problem is Taylor has never focused on the run so it becomes a question of if he can. I also don't mean to be rude but do you watch this team? Sorry to ask but if you think using all shotguns was an adjustment I have to ask.

Best I recall, they ran from under center single digit amount of times during the first four weeks. There were no called QB draws....or checks into them for that matter. There were no rollouts, there was some pistol, etc. Yes, I watch them. If you can't tell there were adjustments made to try to protect the QB, then I don't know what to say....and I'm not being rude. Sure, I know, Joe loves empty sets and shotgun....but it was almost exclusively shotgun or pistol. 

Maybe you aren't one, but I've seen fire Zac and make Lou HC comments. It's not a fabricated narrative.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 09:26 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Who cares what his record is against one team. His record vs the AFC north is.... 10-18. His record vs the AFC north is prob the most important win/loss record he could have, and he's been god awful.

Back to back AFCN crowns (the first in franchise history, BTW) is god awful? Wow.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 04:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who hired him? Who made him run game coordinator?

Mike Brown selected him and Zac went with his recommendation. Zac wasn’t opposed mind you by any means. Zac’s selection of Jim Turner wasn’t stellar

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 11:48 AM)casear2727 Wrote: We should win a couple games but not sure how easily...

Steelers and Browns have way better defenses than us and they both run the ball well.  
KC defense is very good, and of course Mahomes.
Colts and Minshew beat the Ravens in Bmore and had the Browns beat without back-to-back horrendous flags.
Jaguars are a solid team.
No idea how the Vikings keep winning?

It's not impossible that the Bengals win on TNF if Burrow doesn't get hurt. The offense looked pretty good on consecutive drives. If they could've made the Ravens throw a lot in the 2nd half without Andrews and OBJ, they may have taken it to the wire. It's like people don't recall how the game had been going at that point.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 12:05 PM)jason Wrote: I think he'll look better than he did Thursday night. My hopes are pretty low though. I'd love to be wrong and see a scrappy team come out and beat the Steelers with some ingenuity. I'm just of the belief that Joe carries this team. I'd love to be wrong because I'm really not terribly excited about Sundays right now.

They did win with Ryan Finley on MNF against Pitt. Surely Browning is better than that.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 04:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Back to back AFCN crowns (the first in franchise history, BTW) is god awful? Wow.

Thank God Lamar is injury prone otherwise we probably don't win one AFCN title under Zac. Lamar has only lost to Zac one time in his career. 
Reply/Quote