Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed
(11-23-2023, 09:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: With his playoff record and AFC title ? You’re drunk

No, I just know he gets carried by Joe Burrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 09:30 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah and if he loses out he's right there with Hue Jackson too.

Oh and Jimmy Johnson 8-24
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 09:36 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: No, I just know he gets carried by Joe Burrow.

Well it should be a great tandem for an historically long time
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 09:30 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah and if he loses out he's right there with Hue Jackson too.

Hue Jackson won something like 8 games with Jason Campbell as a starting QB. The Browns were tanking while he was there, and his career paid the price. I still think he was a really good coordinator at the very least.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 09:37 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well it should be a great tandem for an historically long time

If we had an actual good HC then we would be considered the new Patriots or Chiefs, but we have Taylor, so we might not ever win a SB. I hope I'm wrong, but everything is pointing otherwise. His horrible schemes and play calling. Him getting bailed out by Burrow and Chase. It's only going to work for so long. If he was a decent offensive minded coach then our offense would have been top 5 in both scoring and yards the last few years, but they weren't. Even with Burrow at QB and one of the best if not the best receiving corps we were never in the top 5 in either scoring or total yards any of the years he was here. The best he's done is just getting in the top 10 in each, which shouldn't ever happen when we have Burrow, Ja'marr, Tee, and Boyd with a solid RB in Mixon as well.
Reply/Quote
I have been a fan since the inception of this franchise. During that time, the Bengals have had some really stellar QBs: Ken Anderson, Boomer Esiason, and Carson Palmer. But never in that time did I see: (1) back-to-back appearances in the AFCCC and (2) any away-game playoff wins. One cannot just separate out Burrow from Taylor for the amazing success we have seen the last two years.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 04:56 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Mike Brown selected him and Zac went with his recommendation. Zac wasn’t opposed mind you by any means. Zac’s selection of Jim Turner wasn’t stellar

What proof do you have of this? Most head coaches hire their own staff with full autonomy.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 09:52 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If we had an actual good HC then we would be considered the new Patriots or Chiefs, but we have Taylor, so we might not ever win a SB. I hope I'm wrong, but everything is pointing otherwise. His horrible schemes and play calling. Him getting bailed out by Burrow and Chase. It's only going to work for so long. If he was a decent offensive minded coach then our offense would have been top 5 in both scoring and yards the last few years, but they weren't. Even with Burrow at QB and one of the best if not the best receiving corps we were never in the top 5 in either scoring or total yards any of the years he was here. The best he's done is just getting in the top 10 in each, which shouldn't ever happen when we have Burrow, Ja'marr, Tee, and Boyd with a solid RB in Mixon as well.

The OL rankings haven’t been good. It’s as simple as that. I’ve tried to point out they were #8 in points per play the last 2 years. You won’t listen or pay attention. And the 7 ahead of them? All with much better ranked lines. It’s not hard.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 10:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What proof do you have of this? Most head coaches hire their own staff with full autonomy.

DM Paul Dehner or Jay Morrison on twitter. Zac had no relationship with Pollack. Pollack was here under Marvin. It’s not hard

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 06:43 PM)jason Wrote: To me that was Zac Taylor's most impressive win. I remember expecting to turn a blowout off at halftime and go to bed.

I'm not just trying to be a naysayer here. It was a really fun win and was completely unexpected. But it had way more to do with the defense. The Steelers could not rush the ball at all. We forced multiple turnovers many in short fields that we were able to score off. I mean we had 27 pts and barely over 200 yards of offense.  Finley had 89 yards passing.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 10:35 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The OL rankings haven’t been good. It’s as simple as that. I’ve tried to point out they were #8 in points per play the last 2 years. You won’t listen or pay attention. And the 7 ahead of them? All with much better ranked lines. It’s not hard.

I would say that Zac got his guys on the OL considering every single one he's drafted or signed through FA. Who's fault is the OL? The way he schemes his offense doesn't help the OL at all either. Rarely are we under center and we don't run it very often. It all goes back to Zac.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 10:37 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: DM Paul Dehner or Jay Morrison on twitter. Zac had no relationship with Pollack. Pollack was here under Marvin. It’s not hard

He’s still the head coach. There’s a million guys he could have chosen instead (college, assistants, etc) if he didn’t want Pollack.

We gonna blame Mike Brown for Marion Hobby, too? Cause his unit has completely sucked, and he hasn’t developed a single one of the pass rushers they have sunk day 1 & 2 picks on.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 04:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: Best I recall, they ran from under center single digit amount of times during the first four weeks. There were no called QB draws....or checks into them for that matter. There were no rollouts, there was some pistol, etc. Yes, I watch them. If you can't tell there were adjustments made to try to protect the QB, then I don't know what to say....and I'm not being rude. Sure, I know, Joe loves empty sets and shotgun....but it was almost exclusively shotgun or pistol. 

Maybe you aren't one, but I've seen fire Zac and make Lou HC comments. It's not a fabricated narrative.

Well they went majority shotgun after the start in 2022. So them using shotgun I don't think was an adjustment they also didn't do any QB draws, rollouts or sneaks because they couldn't I don't think that's an adjustment. 
I really don't think this organization is gonna go outside of the bare minimum in most instances unfortunately so I don't really think we are gonna hire an OC. I'm also happy with what the team has accomplished the last few years. I just think we could be better with a more balanced attack and better situational football. We also have a fairly big sample size of Zac to question if he'll be able to accomplish those things. Plus we also need to factor in Burrows health. It has been an issue and we need to try and move forward in a way to try and protect him. Asking him to throw 30-40 times a game while asking him to run for a few 1st downs where he likes to take some nice hits doesn't feel like that will work out.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 10:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s still the head coach. There’s a million guys he could have chosen instead (college, assistants, etc) if he didn’t want Pollack.

We gonna blame Mike Brown for Marion Hobby, too? Cause his unit has completely sucked, and he hasn’t developed a single one of the pass rushers they have sunk day 1 & 2 picks on.

No Hobby was Zac’s.

Reply/Quote
Half the league is running with a QB who has been a back-up in some point in their NFL career. Of course, some better than others, but I have seen what a healthy Burrow can do. I have seen the Bengals without a healthy Burrow. One person drives the success here. A few don't see it.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 10:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What proof do you have of this? Most head coaches hire their own staff with full autonomy.

You are asking for proof then you basically post a statement that you have no proof either, both of the statements are assumptions that actually could both be true when you reflect on MB actions through the years and the idea the to keep HCs you need to allow them most of those decisions in hiring staff.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 01:04 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You are asking for proof then you basically post a statement that you have no proof either, both of the statements are assumptions that actually could both be true when you reflect on MB actions through the years and the idea the to keep HCs you need to allow them most of those decisions in hiring staff.

As usual I can’t make any sense of your run on sentences, but happy Thanksgiving anyway.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 10:45 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm not just trying to be a naysayer here. It was a really fun win and was completely unexpected. But it had way more to do with the defense. The Steelers could not rush the ball at all. We forced multiple turnovers many in short fields that we were able to score off. I mean we had 27 pts and barely over 200 yards of offense.  Finley had 89 yards passing.

Yeah but he's Ryan Finley. Lemonade outta lemons. The guy barely had more business being in the NFL than you or I.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 10:45 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm not just trying to be a naysayer here. It was a really fun win and was completely unexpected. But it had way more to do with the defense. The Steelers could not rush the ball at all. We forced multiple turnovers many in short fields that we were able to score off. I mean we had 27 pts and barely over 200 yards of offense.  Finley had 89 yards passing.

People seem to remember Finely as leading the team to glorious victory, but he had like 7 passes for 89 yards. Not exactly an offensive spectacle. Steelers scored 17 points, one being a TD in the 4th. Defense locked that game down. We did manage to suck enough that season to draft Chase, though. That was making lemonade.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 05:00 PM)Destro Wrote: People seem to remember Finely as leading the team to glorious victory, but he had like 7 passes for 89 yards. Not exactly an offensive spectacle. Steelers scored 17 points, one being a TD in the 4th. Defense locked that game down. We did manage to suck enough that season to draft Chase, though. That was making lemonade.

Vanilla Vick’s heroics came by his legs that day, not his arm. Wink

Reply/Quote