Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed
(11-24-2023, 07:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Let's not forget that Andy made ZT look like a bum here and then had the nerve to go to Chicago and make them look like they were QB-poison, too!

I think it was more Zac making Dalton look like a bum or the whole team rather. To blame that season on anything other than coaching is an absolute joke. I apologize if you were being sarcastic. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2023, 10:02 AM)Destro Wrote: 47 yards and a TD. Noodle arm, dry noodle legs.

[Image: andrew-miller-dj-reader.gif]

Vanilla Vick is a Cincinnati hero, and I will not have his good name slandered.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2023, 10:02 AM)Destro Wrote: 47 yards and a TD. Noodle arm, dry noodle legs.

(11-25-2023, 02:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: andrew-miller-dj-reader.gif]

Vanilla Vick is a Cincinnati hero, and I will not have his good name slandered.

I know full well his arm is poor, but these throws show that it wasn't as much of a noodle as many think:

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxVXtyzS3jklOBqF1vkE6BJ-RL1xz4FL_I?si=pJpnoUNwmBHbgiYT
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2023, 03:25 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Give me a f’n break.

Who is Zac’s offensive coordinator? Brian Callahan

Who is Brian Callaghan’s dad? Bill Callahan

Bill Callahan was head coach at Nebraska while Zac was the QB. Bill Callahan was offensive coordinator at Dallas while Frank Pollack was the Oline coach. And Frank Pollack was an assistant Oline coach for Mike Sherman while at the Houston Texans. The same Mike Sherman who is Zac’s father-in-law and gave him a job coaching at Texas A&M.

So even if they managed to never speak their entire lifetime despite knowing and working and being family with some of the same people in the same industry, Zac had some pretty good first hand references in Brian Callahan, Bill Callahan, Mike Sherman, Joe Mixon, and the other Bengal players and staff who were with the team during Pollack’s first stint.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-hire-pollack-as-offensive-line-coach-and-run-game-coordinator

Wow, Zac was “effusive” in his praise of Pollack. According to Zac, he interviewed Pollack. If Zac didn’t want Pollack, who did Zac want? And why was Zac allegedly overruled by Mike Brown?

Mixon also had “effusive” praise for Pollack given that Mixon had a career year under him.

So this must present quite the quandary for you. Since you think Zac deserves all the credit for everything, do you give him credit for two bad hires? Or just the one bad hire and blame Mike Brown for a bad hire in 2021 despite him ceding control to Katie prior to that?

You wasted a lot of time. I don’t disagree with much of that. I never said Zac had never crossed paths or that he’d never met him before. I said that Mike Brown was very much wanting Frank Pollack. I never once said Zac was dragged kicking and screaming. But I stand by my original comments. Frank…. Mike wanted.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2023, 02:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Vanilla Vick...

Does he....fight...cats?  Sad
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 10:54 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: There are plenty of  teams winning right now with back up quarterbacks and who have less talent than the Bengals do.  This is 100% on Zac Taylor.  We will see what he is without Joe Burrow. 

There are? Looking around the league I can only see the Browns and Vikings with winning records and backup QBs.

The Browns have a defence which will keep them in most games, we don't. The Vikings are more comparable to us, but they don't have the toughest schedule in the league to play. We do. I'd say Josh Dobbs is a far more sure thing at QB than Browning, and I don't think Josh Dobbs is exactly great.

I'm not saying Zac Taylor would be devoid of blame... he's the Head Coach so I'd expect him to have the defence playing better, or to have developed a run game in these past few years. But in my opinion, we're kidding ourselves if we think the Bengals are set up to win many games the rest of the way here. A backup QB with a poor run game and a generous defence, isn't a recipe for a lot of W's against anybody. Hopefully the defence can step up, and Browning can be better than hoped, but im not remotely optimistic.
Reply/Quote
I think it’s pretty clear now - the emperor has no clothes. Lac Taylor is a talking mannequin. A stalk of celery. A full dance card in a dark alleyway.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 10:15 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You wasted a lot of time. I don’t disagree with much of that. I never said Zac had never crossed paths or that he’d never met him before. I said that Mike Brown was very much wanting Frank Pollack. I never once said Zac was dragged kicking and screaming. But I stand by my original comments. Frank…. Mike wanted.

Sounds about right.  If Mike Brown wants someone in particular, there's no one, and I mean not one person who can overrule him.  Contrary to what has been posted on this board, MB is still the President, Owner and final say of the Bengals.

The Piano Man was here FOREVER........only 24 short years, but he's out of the NFL now.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Anyone with rational thought understands today was pretty good for a QB making his first start in the NFL. The unfortunate part is rationality is usually not in high-supply after a loss to the Steelers.

We were about 2 plays (INT/BS call) from winning against a tough division rival. Besides JB we were down a starting CB and WR. I fear folks hoping for losing out may be disappointed,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Browning's weakness is same as Burrow's he just worse than Burrow he holds on to the ball too long. You dont have over 3 seconds in the NFL against anybody
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 06:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anyone with rational thought understands today was pretty good for a QB making his first start in the NFL. The unfortunate part is rationality is usually not in high-supply after a loss to the Steelers.

We were about 2 plays (INT/BS call) from winning against a tough division rival. Besides JB we were down a starting CB and WR. I fear folks hoping for losing out may be disappointed,

Wanna bet they don't win another game? Higgins is done here. He ain't coming back... CTB wouldn't have made a difference when ya run the ball 6 yards a clip. This team is cooked. I hope they lose every game and make a run in the draft. Yes we're back to that in November's again..
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 12:55 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: There are? Looking around the league I can only see the Browns and Vikings with winning records and backup QBs.

The Browns have a defence which will keep them in most games, we don't. The Vikings are more comparable to us, but they don't have the toughest schedule in the league to play. We do. I'd say Josh Dobbs is a far more sure thing at QB than Browning, and I don't think Josh Dobbs is exactly great.

I'm not saying Zac Taylor would be devoid of blame... he's the Head Coach so I'd expect him to have the defence playing better, or to have developed a run game in these past few years. But in my opinion, we're kidding ourselves if we think the Bengals are set up to win many games the rest of the way here. A backup QB with a poor run game and a generous defence, isn't a recipe for a lot of W's against anybody. Hopefully the defence can step up, and Browning can be better than hoped, but im not remotely optimistic.

Did you just really argue with yourself?   Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 06:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anyone with rational thought understands today was pretty good for a QB making his first start in the NFL. The unfortunate part is rationality is usually not in high-supply after a loss to the Steelers.

I agree that Browning was probably better than I had thought he would be. I largely anticipated he'd be an absolute joke, but outside of the pick and some decisions otherwise, I thought he wasn't as big a mess as some backups can be. Both QBs on the Patriots were worse for one.

Interested to hear who you think we're beating though? While Browning wasn't abysmal, I personally think today was about best case (high %, not too many errors). I can't see him leading us to many scores over 20, and the schedule here on out is a bad one. At best I can see 1-5 personally. Today was a big shot at a win, and really the Steelers were quite a bit better than us. Not sure the team is built to win with a limited QB.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 07:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Did you just really argue with yourself?   Hilarious

I honestly see posts by other guys with 'CincinnatiKid' in their name, and double take.... 'I don't remember posting that?'.

Really should have picked a more unique name shouldn't I...

(That or they're all just me and I'm planning a takeover of this forum, who knows?).
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 06:59 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Browning's weakness is same as Burrow's he just worse than Burrow he holds on to the ball too long. You dont have over 3 seconds in the NFL against anybody

Burrow actually holds the ball less than all but 2 QBs in the last ratings I saw on Twitter.  

He will hold the ball on 3rd down out of FG range because it is 3rd down and we will be punting anyway.  This, according to Joe himself.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 07:09 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I honestly see posts by other guys with 'CincinnatiKid' in their name, and double take.... 'I don't remember posting that?'.

Really should have picked a more unique name shouldn't I...

(That or they're all just me and I'm planning a takeover of this forum, who knows?).

LOLOLOLOLOLOL 

I didnt notice you are THE cincykid.  I thought you were having a manic episode arguing with yourself....  my bad. 

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 07:06 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I agree that Browning was probably better than I had thought he would be. I largely anticipated he'd be an absolute joke, but outside of the pick and some decisions otherwise, I thought he wasn't as big a mess as some backups can be. Both QBs on the Patriots were worse for one.

Interested to hear who you think we're beating though? While Browning wasn't abysmal, I personally think today was about best case (high %, not too many errors). I can't see him leading us to many scores over 20, and the schedule here on out is a bad one. At best I can see 1-5 personally. Today was a big shot at a win, and really the Steelers were quite a bit better than us. Not sure the team is built to win with a limited QB.
I feel Browning will only improve. His issue today was progressing through reads. Even though he said he wasn't "back there to pat the baby" he did it a few times. I can see us winning Jax, IND, Pitv2.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Browning did look like an OK backup. I was impressed at times. He's just not going to cover up the glaring issues of the OL and play calling.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 07:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I feel Browning will only improve. His issue today was progressing through reads. Even though he said he wasn't "back there to pat the baby" he did it a few times. I can see us winning Jax, IND, Pitv2.

It could happen.  The Jaguars winning against the Texans in Houston to take control of the division only to lose a trap game to the Bengals'  backup QB at home would really sting for sure.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2023, 07:12 PM)casear2727 Wrote: LOLOLOLOLOLOL 

I didnt notice you are THE cincykid.  I thought you were having a manic episode arguing with yourself....  my bad. 

Yeah, I put a 'THE' at the beginning so all these pretenders would know I'm the real deal.

Unfortunately it's an easy word to miss, so it probably looks like I argue with myself a lot on the reg. 

After a few beers, that is always a possibility!
Reply/Quote