Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed
(11-30-2023, 12:55 PM)740Bengal Wrote: He isn't going to bash his coach..he is a coaches kid for God Sake...he doesn't know what he doesn't know.. Joe has only played for Zac Taylor in the NFL.....I thought my first girlfriend was pretty great too.

Not bashing a coach is one thing. Singing high praises is something totally different. Some people refuse to believe that, but it's true.
Reply/Quote
The more I reflect and read about our offense and how it is designed, biggest problem this offense is going to have without Burrow is it was totally setup for Burrow, so it is hard to change that type of system with a backup that is not named "Burrow" so either Browning has fit into the "Burrow Box" better or it will take couple games to adjust the system to Browning.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 01:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The more I reflect and read about our offense and how it is designed, biggest problem this offense is going to have without Burrow is it was totally setup for Burrow, so it is hard to change that type of system with a backup that is not named "Burrow" so either Browning has fit into the "Burrow Box" better or it will take couple games to adjust the system to Browning.

Pretty much.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 06:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Comparing Belichick to Zac is nonsensical.  Bill proved his worth as a master defensive mind.   Multiple teams wanted him to be their HC decades ago.

Zac was not a good play caller for the one month in Miami and very bad in his one year at UC.   He failed his way into a WR coaching job for one season, then QB coach for one season.  We have had issues with his scheme and play calling since he arrived. 

I do think Zac is an ok head coach that will become a good one.  But he is no Sean McVay, Reid, or even McDaniel when it comes to controlling the offense.

Hardly.
BB was hailed as the greatest evah with Brady QB'ing.  Now he can't win with Brady gone.  That doesn't detract from BB's legacy but shows NFL coaches are married at the hip to their QBs.  I'm tone def at this point to criticism of Zac for the rest of the season.  The team is crippled without Burrow.  Tee is missing. Defense isn't what it used to be.  The team undervalued the run game with Burrow slinging the ball so well and now there is no run game when they desparately need it. 
It's going to be ugly and Zac will take the blame, as he should.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 01:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not bashing a coach is one thing. Singing high praises is something totally different. Some people refuse to believe that, but it's true.

Yeah I've given former employers of mine high praises publicly too, wasn't always sincere or true. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 02:00 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Yeah I've given former employers of mine high praises publicly too, wasn't always sincere or true.

Not surprised.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 02:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not surprised.

Yeah welcome to the real world. Everyone plays the game. 
Reply/Quote
As predicted, Burrow is a liar..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 01:39 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Hardly.
BB was hailed as the greatest evah with Brady QB'ing.  Now he can't win with Brady gone.  That doesn't detract from BB's legacy but shows NFL coaches are married at the hip to their QBs.  I'm tone def at this point to criticism of Zac for the rest of the season.  The team is crippled without Burrow.  Tee is missing. Defense isn't what it used to be.  The team undervalued the run game with Burrow slinging the ball so well and now there is no run game when they desparately need it. 
It's going to be ugly and Zac will take the blame, as he should.

I get the QB-HC correlation argument, but Zac is not remotely on par with BB.  You may be too young to remember, Im not sure, but Bill was known to everyone to be a great defensive mind before Brady.  Zac was an unknown with a very uninspiring background as an offensive mind.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 01:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The more I reflect and read about our offense and how it is designed, biggest problem this offense is going to have without Burrow is it was totally setup for Burrow, so it is hard to change that type of system with a backup that is not named "Burrow" so either Browning has fit into the "Burrow Box" better or it will take couple games to adjust the system to Browning.

Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. There's no room for intelligent, common sense-level takes in here. It has to be all good or all bad. There's no room for nuance.

I'm sorry, sir. I don't make the rules. I just enforce them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 02:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As predicted, Burrow is a liar..... Hilarious

Lol you don't get it do you? 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 02:47 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I get the QB-HC correlation argument, but Zac is not remotely on par with BB.  You may be too young to remember, Im not sure, but Bill was known to everyone to be a great defensive mind before Brady.  Zac was an unknown with a very uninspiring background as an offensive mind.

Bill Bellyache got 2 SB rings as the DC of the NY Giants, so I'd say that overshadows ZT who was the QB coach of Goff that year he looked kinda good in LA.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 03:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. There's no room for intelligent, common sense-level takes in here. It has to be all good or all bad. There's no room for nuance.

I'm sorry, sir. I don't make the rules. I just enforce them.

we don;t have to bring in my dating life into the blog.....
Reply/Quote
I think the biggest thing that exposed Taylor is his Inability to craft a scheme for Burrow at the start of the year. You know you're going to have to change the scheme to help a literal limping Burrow, and you have plenty of time to do it. What did he do? He kept the same scheme, but he just limited the plays. He didn't expand it at all to try to make new opportunities for the players that he has. He just took plays out of his playbook and called it a day. Now, if he didn't have very much time to come up with a new scheme then I wouldn't be as disappointed as I am, but he had from the second day of training camp to adjust the playbook. It would have given him more leeway with Browning right now if he did too. It just shows he's stubborn and doesn't want to change or adjust things. It just shows that the only thing he's willing and wanting to scheme (and possibly able to) is the passing game. He needs a new OC and he needs to go to clinics for football head coaches to expand his knowledge. Or we can just get a new coach that already has that.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 03:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Bill Bellyache got 2 SB rings as the DC of the NY Giants, so I'd say that overshadows ZT who was the QB coach of Goff that year he looked kinda good in LA.

But, but, but .....Bill had LT, Harry Carson, Jim Burt, Carl Lawson, and Leonard Marshall..... Mellow

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 10:29 AM)Bing Ghuls Wrote: If a team is bad at running the ball it does not help to run the ball more.

Are they bad at running the ball or do they just not commit? I wouldn't say they've been bad this year. Get Mixon 20+ carries and holes will open in the 4th quarter. His average would improve. If they are only able to score 10 points, then some of those 3 and outs could be 2 running plays. Replace some of those wide receiver screens for -2 yards. Eventually runs will break through in the 4th quarter if you keep pounding the ball. 

Steelers were giving up 4.0 yards per carry to opposing rb's. They could have possibly won the game if they fed the rb's 20 caries. With a backup quarter back, I'd rather see a 3 and out's with run attempts then 3 pass attempts out of empty leading to a 30 second possession. 

They should take this opportunity to develop a run game for 2024. They might not win games, but to see the run game come alive would be something significant heading into 2024 given we'll have many of the same components outside of RT going into that year as it relates to the run game.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 11:32 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I'mma drop this little nugget here....

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/analyzing-cincinnati-bengals-scheme-identity-how-to-improve-it-moving-forward

“He is the machine.”

LOL

Now I’m probably going to think of Bert Kreischer every game.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 05:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: “He is the machine.”

LOL

Now I’m probably going to think of Bert Kreischer every game.

LMAO, I hadn't thought of that, but it's definitely in my head now. 

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 06:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No problem

Despite all your insider connections you haven’t had one piece of information about Joe Burrow’s injuries.

The only thing more guarded than Burrow’s injury information is Mike Brown’s thoughts. Because for 3+ decades fans have been asking themselves, “What the f is Mike Brown thinking?”
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 05:24 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: LMAO, I hadn't thought of that, but it's definitely in my head now. 

Everytime Burrow throws a TD I’m going to think, “HE IS THE MACHINE!!!”
Reply/Quote