Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If GM holding Marvin back, then why has Marvin never left to a better Opportunity/GM?
(11-27-2018, 06:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because he knew exactly what he was signing up for when he got here.  It would be disingenuous of him to leave because he did not get front office support when he knew what he was going to get all along.

If he had left the haters would have given him the Kevin Durant treatment and claim he "quit on his players" and "took the easy way out".

He obviously welcomes the challenge and feels that if he wins here it would be a great accomplishment.  And he came damn close in 2015.  If Andy was not injured that could have been our year.

That makes little sense.  Marvin has been bashed by both Bengals fans and the national media alike since '07-08.  He won't leave because the fans will hate him, but stays in the job despite the fans hating him?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 07:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: That makes little sense.  Marvin has been bashed by both Bengals fans and the national media alike since '07-08.  He won't leave because the fans will hate him, but stays in the job despite the fans hating him?

He was NFL Coach of the Year in '09. You call that "bashing"?

He received tons of praise in 2011 fro making the playoffs with a team projected to be the worst in the league.

He was credited for building a Super Bowl contender in 2015 until Dalton was injured.

Just because some Bengal fans are constantly squealing and crying that does not mean the rest of the world agrees.

Marvin doesn't give a shit about the haters.  They gonna hate no matter what he does.  If he stays he "has no pride", but if he leaves he is "quitting on his players".

Marvin has developed a relationship with his players and he likes coaching them.  He is not going to leave just because of a bunch of crybaby fans who will hate him whether he stays or goes.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 07:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was NFL Coach of the Year in '09. You call that "bashing"?

He received tons of praise in 2011 fro making the playoffs with a team projected to be the worst in the league.

He was credited for building a Super Bowl contender in 2015 until Dalton was injured.

Just because some Bengal fans are constantly squealing and crying that does not mean the rest of the world agrees.

Marvin doesn't give a shit about the haters.  They gonna hate no matter what he does.  If he stays he "has no pride", but if he leaves he is "quitting on his players".

Marvin has developed a relationship with his players and he likes coaching them.  He is not going to leave just because of a bunch of crybaby fans who will hate him whether he stays or goes.

Funny how you have to go back in time to find what Marvin did right.  And it keeps getting further and further back.  Again, glory obliterated by catastrophe.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 07:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was credited for building a Super Bowl contender in 2015 until Dalton was injured.

Building a Super Bowl contender ?

Stretch things much ?

How many people do you think, outside of Cincinnati, actually thought the Bengals were a Super Bowl contender ? A team that hadn't won a playoff game in 25 years. A team that had their little bottom spanked blue in the first round their previous 6 attempts ! A team owned by the Steelers. A team that spits the bit anytime they're under the lights. A team that implodes at the slightest adversity.

Had a good start to the season ? Sure

Building a Super Bowl contender ? Child please
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Which team was more successful over the previous 15 years

91-148-1..... .381%..... 2 winning seasons..... 11 losing seasons..... 1 playoff win
125-112-3... .527%..... 7 winning seasons.....  5 losing seasons..... 0 playoff wins

I don't think that helps your point at all. That's showing a team that hasn't had much success, but is able to win a playoff game. Whereas Marvin cannot.
Also. Kind of ironic how you're using the Rams as a comparison. 
It's almost like Jeff Fisher was holding that team back....oh wait.....

Way to not include this year in those stats by the way

Which team was more successful over the previous 16 years (gonna include those teams you paired the Bengals up with, along with a few more to prove a point)

176-95-1. ...10 winning seasons. ...1 losing season. ...13 playoff wins
153-115. ...10 winning seasons. ...3 losing seasons. ...10 playoff wins
172-111. ...11 winning seasons ...2 losing seasons. ...12 playoff wins
210-64. ...15 winning season. ...0 losing seasons. ...24 playoff wins
158-115-1. ...10 winning seasons. ...4 losing seasons. ...13 playoff wins (one even during a losing season)
160-110-1. ...11 winning seasons. ...3 losing seasons. ...11 playoff wins
152-114-1. ...8 winning seasons. ...4 losing seasons. ...9 playoff wins
144-122-1. ...7 winning seasons. ...6 losing seasons. ...8 playoff wins (one also during a losing season)
153-106. ...8 winning seasons. ...3 losing seasons. ...7 playoff wins (one during a .500 season)
143-118. ...9 winning seasons. ...4 losing seasons. ...4 playoff wins
148-115. ...6 winning seasons. ...6 losing seasons. ...7 playoff wins
139-124. ...7 winning seasons. ...5 losing seasons. ...5 playoff wins
134-124-2. ...7 winning seasons. ...5 losing seasons. ...3 playoff wins
131-132. ...7 winning seasons. ...6 losing seasons. ....8 playoff wins
121-138-1. ...5 winning seasons. ...7 losing seasons ...5 playoff wins
130-125-3. ...7 winning seasons. ...5 losing seasons. ...0 playoff wins

So go ahead. Even included a team with a losing record for ya.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:03 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I don't think that helps your point at all. That's showing a team that hasn't had much success, but is able to win a playoff game. Whereas Marvin cannot.

Which team was more successful over the previous 16 years (gonna include those teams you paired the Bengals up with, along with a few more to prove a point)

158-115-1. ...10 winning seasons. ...4 losing seasons. ...13 playoff wins (one even during a losing season)
144-122-1. ...7 winning seasons. ...6 losing seasons. ...8 playoff wins (one also during a losing season)
153-106. ...8 winning seasons. ...3 losing seasons. ...7 playoff wins (one during a .500 season)

You've got a lot to learn youngin if you wanna cherry pick stats with the pros.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 07:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was NFL Coach of the Year in '09. You call that "bashing"?

He was coach of the year in '09 after being a punching bag from '07-'08.

The Bengals were predicted to be terrible in '11 largely because they massively underachieved in '10 and nobody was sold on Dalton as a franchise QB. 

Notice a pattern here?  It becomes easy to overachieve in the public eye when you consistently underachieve to lower your expectations.

Lol, who was giving him credit in '15?  The narrative all throughout '15 was that the Bengals looked tough, but could Marvin make a playoff run after coming up short so many times?  The national narrative was that Marvin had to prove he could get it done in the playoffs.

You just said Marvin wouldn't leave because the haters would give him the Kevin Durant treatment(even though he would have win something after he left to get the Durant treatment), then say he doesn't give a shit about the haters.  Those are directly contradictory.
Reply/Quote

I think, at this point, whatever feelings Marvin has for his players isn’t being reciprocated
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:29 PM)N_B Wrote: I think, at this point, whatever feelings Marvin has for his players isn’t being reciprocated

They may or my not like him as a guy.  I don't have that information.  But either way, they are not responding to him as a coach, which is what matters most.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:13 PM)McC Wrote: They may or my not like him as a guy.  I don't have that information.  But either way, they are not responding to him as a coach, which is what matters most.

That’s what I was getting at, but they are somewhat intertwined
Reply/Quote

See how long that lasted when they wanted his damn head on a stake after that playoff meltdown?

It wasn't only Burfict, Pacman, and Hill that they wanted to pay for it.

Marvin was the square on target for firing.  In all rights he should have been.

Anyone watching that whole game could see he was losing player's discipline during it.

So you tell me that just squealing and crying fans are the only ones that have something against Marvin?

I guess they really didn't give a shit about his 2015 "SB contender" team at that point.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:03 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I don't think that helps your point at all. That's showing a team that hasn't had much success, but is able to win a playoff game. Whereas Marvin cannot.

That's whats funny. Literally EVERY team wins playoff games but us...and not just one...multiple ones.

You'd think we'd have lucked into one by now.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's whats funny. Literally EVERY team wins playoff games but us...and not just one...multiple ones.

You'd think we'd have lucked into one by now.

Somebody, forget who, did a thread a year or two ago on all the teams with multiple playoff wins since we've last won a single playoff game.

Very discouraging since it was the bulk of the NFL !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Somebody, forget who, did a thread a year or two ago on all the teams with multiple playoff wins since we've last won a single playoff game.

Very discouraging since it was the bulk of the NFL !

25 different teams have won a playoff game since Marvin was here.
Only other teams that have not won a playoff game are the Lions, Bills, Browns, Dolphins, Raiders, and Bucs.

19 different teams have made the conference championship game since Marvin has been here.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You've got a lot to learn youngin if you wanna cherry pick stats with the pros.  Ninja

Oh don't worry; I'm waiting on everything being ignored besides the Jeff Fisher part.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 01:32 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: 25 different teams have won a playoff game since Marvin was here.
Only other teams that have not won a playoff game are the Lions, Bills, Browns, Dolphins, Raiders, and Bucs.

19 different teams have made the conference championship game since Marvin has been here.

It's ludicrous that Marvin Lewis is still here and just incomprehensible that he'll still be HC next season. Not to mention a f@#$%$^g tragedy.
Reply/Quote
Marvin hasn't left because no one has wanted him. He had his reps reach out to San Francisco after the 2010 season, but they weren't interested. Dehner talked about this recent offseason and mentioned that no other teams were showing interest in Marvin. I believe Hue is the only coach who mentioned that he'd love to bring Marvin aboard, when he was in Cleveland, but that's about it.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 02:10 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Marvin hasn't left because no one has wanted him. He had his reps reach out to San Francisco after the 2010 season, but they weren't interested. Dehner talked about this recent offseason and mentioned that no other teams were showing interest in Marvin. I believe Hue is the only coach who mentioned that he'd love to bring Marvin aboard, when he was in Cleveland, but that's about it.

Birds of a feather, as it were.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 08:06 PM)McC Wrote: Funny how you have to go back in time to find what Marvin did right.  And it keeps getting further and further back.  Again, glory obliterated by catastrophe.

Funny how when I prove a hater wrong  you try to change the subject.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:03 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: So go ahead. Even included a team with a losing record for ya.

Since I don't see 26 teams on that list my point clearly went over your head.
Reply/Quote