Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Dalton
As good as he may be, I don’t want to deal with him dipping his toes in the MLB waters if he doesn’t get his way. (He is not making it to 11) I’ll take my underwhelmingly average QB, the red miss fire has a year or two to fight for his job or his head will roll off Taylor’s chopping block.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 08:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ah, thanks Shake, didn't see his interviews. Whats up with these Oklahoma QB's anyway?

I was starting to like the idea of having a Wilson-like QB, then I stumbled on that interview with Dan Patrick.  Sick
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is what he is... He is never going to be the QB that creates plays on his own. His is fine if everything is under schedule and he doesn't have to go through progressions too much. He is bad at the deep ball and tougher throws. He can manage a game and not make too many mistakes but he will never get you to the next level.

I watched endless tape of Kyler Murray and was solidly convinced he was a stud back when everyone thought he was a 5'8" baseball player. I told friends then he should be the #1 pick and the Bengals should do everything they can to get him.

He is a stud. He is exciting. He brings excitement every single down. He can make plays once the pocket breaks down and things go awry. He is unflappable. He can run like most RB's. Strong arm and very accurate. He creates plays on his own.

If he is there, which he won't be, and we don't draft him I would probably just give up on this team and maybe the sport. I can only take so much more after all these years.
Reply/Quote
I really get that people want a shiny new toy at QB but sometimes the flak is unreal.

We should for all intents and purposes have been 6-1 last year before the D imploded and the injury train left the station. Granted I’m not saying he isn’t upgradable but that record was largely due to the player our fanbase likes to say can’t make progressions, read defenses, can’t make all the throws, can’t put the team on his back. Andy Dalton did all those things in a tough situation yet people just act like they don’t see it and it doesn’t happen.

Jared Goff flourished in the Rams system and this is a guy who flat out can’t do anything without play action to lean on. NE exposed him in the SB because they made him drop back and read the field. He couldn’t.

Our play action game has been weak for years so if that is indeed a huge staple of what’s to come I honestly expect Dalton to flourish because he’s already played well without a game plan that masks his weaknesses.

The guy has floundered in the playoffs and some big games sure but that also was the case during the Palmer years. I mean Boomer and Palmer never had back to back winning seasons here ever. Kenny only did it once and people wanted him out until the end of his career hurrah that saw a super bowl run. Dalton did it 5 times. He’s not elite but he deserves way more respect than he gets for sure.

This all falls on what energy ZT brings because regardless of QB we saw the same symptoms throughout 16 years.

Give em a year all in and if it doesn’t change fire sale then prepare for the rebuild. It’s just not the year if you still want to be competitive and honestly I’m not impressed with this crop as opposed to what’s on the way in 2020 and 2021.
Reply/Quote
If he's still there at 11 we should be running to podium with the pick. Would be better than most of our 1st round picks in recent history. Anything is possible but I really don't expect him to be on the board. Other than a QB the only positions we should consider at 11 is OL, LB.
Reply/Quote