Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Lewis got full control would you be happy ?
There is exactly one head coach that has full control over the roster in addition to coaching duties. He has 5 SuperBowl rings.

Marvin Lewis can hardly handle coaching duties, and we should be enticed by the possibility of adding more to his plate? I say no. Maybe Marvin would make a good FO professional. I'm of the opinion that we've been able to acquire more than enough talent on this roster over the years, but our coaching has failed to get the most out of it. That said, I'd much rather just have a complete overhaul from top to bottom.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 11:25 AM)Beaker Wrote: I would not like it simply for 2 reasons:

1. His game managemment

2. His coddling of certain players

From a purely coaching standpoint ML has shown he cannot get the Bengals to the next level. On top of that, there is now the mental block with him, and with the players while he is at the helm, of winning a playoff game. I fully expect the Bengals to be back in the playoffs sooner rather than later, and I would like to see them there with someone else orchestrating from the sidelines.

Excellent post.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 02:15 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Why does everyone think he’d be a good gm? He stinks.

Maybe scouting in some way.  Except for LBs.  He sucks at drafting LB's.  The only time he got it right was the guy no one else wanted to touch and he got one year from him.  And that's weird for a LB whisperer.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Lewis having full control isn't going to stop the problems with needlessly blowing timeouts, starting the wrong players, playing prevent O and D with a 1 point lead, 2nd half implosions, being outclassed in primetime games, or being read like a book in any potential playoff games. Nope. Full control isn't going to fix any of that.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 08:14 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe scouting in some way.  Except for LBs.  He sucks at drafting LB's.  The only time he got it right was the guy no one else wanted to touch and he got one year from him.  And that's weird for a LB whisperer.

Because the only thing he's ever successfully whispered to a LBer is...  "Thank you Ray".
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If they gave Marvin full control of the Browns I'd be happy! Ninja
Reply/Quote
Who's to say it's Marvin demanding (which is mind blowing considering his track record) and not Brown. Maybe Brown wants to keep Marvin HC with less authority. Can't blame Marvin for tryin yet again to get paid millions.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 08:20 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Lewis having full control isn't going to stop the problems with needlessly blowing timeouts, starting the wrong players, playing prevent O and D with a 1 point lead, 2nd half implosions, being outclassed in primetime games, or being read like a book in any potential playoff games. Nope. Full control isn't going to fix any of that.

Exactly!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 08:20 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Lewis having full control isn't going to stop the problems with needlessly blowing timeouts, starting the wrong players, playing prevent O and D with a 1 point lead, 2nd half implosions, being outclassed in primetime games, or being read like a book in any potential playoff games. Nope. Full control isn't going to fix any of that.

Exactly.  Full control will only make all that stuff worse. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
There is absolutely no rational justification to retain Marv as coach.

2-14 or something like that against the Steelers in Cincinnati. Who in the world would keep a coach with this record?

Do you think Harbaugh will be at Michigan long enough to have a 2-14 record in the Big House against Ohio State?

Would Elder keep a coach who was 2-14 against St X at the Pitt?

Mike Brown is insane if he keep Marvin.

Retaining Marvin is the final proof that winning is way way down the priority list.

It is a complete kiss off to season ticket holders and long time Bengal fans.

They are getting ready for their move to London when lease expires.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 10:54 AM)bengals67 Wrote: There is absolutely no rational justification to retain Marv as coach.

2-14 or something like that against the Steelers in Cincinnati. Who in the world would keep a coach with this record?

Do you think Harbaugh will be at Michigan long enough to have a 2-14 record in the Big House against Ohio State?

Would Elder keep a coach who was 2-14 against St X at the Pitt?

Mike Brown is insane if he keep Marvin.

Retaining Marvin is the final proof that winning is way way down the priority list.

It is a complete kiss off to season ticket holders and long time Bengal fans.

They are getting ready for their move to London when lease expires.
The current lease doesn't expire until 2026.  That's a lot of tanking.

Also, who would think Mike would ever pay the relocation fee?  The Rams and Chargers each paid roughly 645 million.

Then, 3/4 of the owners would have to approve the move.

The Bengals aren't going anywhere.

Reply/Quote
No. That means Ross will never be utilized. Let that sack of shit walk and hire Jim Bob Cooter already.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:38 AM)Trademark Wrote: Look, I know we all want him gone but if he managed to get full control in every decision to return, would you want him back then? I can’t say I wouldn’t hate it. Regardless of what happens I’m grateful for what he’s done for this franchise

No, Marv having more control would probably make us worse.

Look what he does to the Offense.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 11:54 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: No shit man.

Not getting Boyd to play how he should as possession receiver. 

Not having another WR take the top off the D by speed and also give Green a break(even though he's had 2 years to do so).

Failing to get a running game out of the cellar practically his full tenure in Cincy.

It's rather obvious with Marvin that he makes the decision who plays game day on offense...  so why isn't he able to override Alexander on who plays on the O-Line?

It's because he's a ***** who lets it happen.  He just rolls with it because of Mike Brown and he likes to collect a check.

Sorry.  I don't respect that.  He's made a lot of money here.  Enough to probably retire on.

Yet he sat there and let go.  Being here for so damn long with 50th anniversary and all.

This year of any year he should have said F it and I'll do what needs to be done.

So what did he do...  business as usual.  He'll never get full control here.  Just puppet it out for money.

No thanks!! 

And NO to JDR as well.  We need an offense minded coach here in the worst way.
Exactly, precise to every point you made here!! Post of the week!! We could all show up to our jobs and suck at it and get promoted to boss, would be a wonderful world wouldn't it??
Reply/Quote
Jack Del Rio and Marvin were coaches on the 2000 Ravens SB team.

The only saving grace in my mind other than moving on and hiring Josh McDaniels is a office job for Marvin and bringing Del Rio in to coach.

I'd be at least partially satisfied with that.

Or Jim BoB Cooter (alsonotever).

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 11:54 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: No shit man.

Not getting Boyd to play how he should as possession receiver. 

Not having another WR take the top off the D by speed and also give Green a break(even though he's had 2 years to do so).

Failing to get a running game out of the cellar practically his full tenure in Cincy.

It's rather obvious with Marvin that he makes the decision who plays game day on offense...  so why isn't he able to override Alexander on who plays on the O-Line?

It's because he's a ***** who lets it happen.  He just rolls with it because of Mike Brown and he likes to collect a check.

Sorry.  I don't respect that.  He's made a lot of money here.  Enough to probably retire on.

Yet he sat there and let go.  Being here for so damn long with 50th anniversary and all.

This year of any year he should have said F it and I'll do what needs to be done.

So what did he do...  business as usual.  He'll never get full control here.  Just puppet it out for money.

No thanks!! 

And NO to JDR as well.  We need an offense minded coach here in the worst way.
I think he's got enough to retire on..click for net worth

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 06:42 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: I think he's got enough to retire on..click for net worth

Thanks.  I knew he had a nice big chunk.

So why didn't he do the right thing?

Why did he lay down and let Alexander rape this team once again?

It's because he likes that big fat check and wanted to continue with the golden goose without rocking the boat.

He had absolutely nothing to lose here this season.

He's just like Mike Brown.  Them shoes is worn out but they fits reeeeal gooood!

[Image: th?id=OIP.wr14rzD7enkcF8QBJGk-JgHaDh&pid...=318&h=152]

Welcome back Marvin.  Good to hold on to the familiarity of getting our hopes stomped on.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:38 AM)Trademark Wrote: Look, I know we all want him gone but if he managed to get full control in every decision to return, would you want him back then? I can’t say I wouldn’t hate it. Regardless of what happens I’m grateful for what he’s done for this franchise

Nope. Because it doesn't matter. This guy has had many different teams with many different coaching staffs and he's failed to win a playoff game in 7 tries. 

It's not everything else, it's Marv. He doesn't have what it takes to win a championship. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote