Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Lewis got full control would you be happy ?
(01-01-2018, 01:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Marvin has had how many OC's, DC's, etc since he has been here, and has not won a playoff game. HE is the common denominator....

Paul Alexander is the common denominator. He has been with the Bengals since 1992.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If ML became the GM we might as well promote Paulie G to HC. Status Quo, my friends, Status Quo. Lets shake it up. Top to bottom.
Reply/Quote
If ml staying means he is gm, head coach, or both with more say in what goes on than ebenezer than I am all for it. I can ride out a couple more years of this scenario as it gets us closer to ebenezer being out of the picture.

Otherwise it's just more of the same around here. Ebenezer is the common denominator here.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:16 PM)samhain Wrote: If they let him gut and re-make his staff plus opened up to signing outside FAs, then it might help.  Still unacceptable IMO.  His time here has passed.

Marvin hasn't always made the best choices on who to play. He's always had that mindset of vets over rookies. Maybe that would be good with better free agents, or maybe we'd end up with another Sam Adams.
Reply/Quote
It depends on what Marvin did but I dont think I'd be happy. If it were just a bunch of bengalcom articles about how Marin has full control but nothing seems to change then no way. If the very first thing he did was fire Paul Alexander Id be less skeptical but just a little.

Mr Lewis has has quite a run here. Its got to be hard to walk away after 15 years of punching the clock at the same place, but in the end I think both sides may be better off for it. I could eat those words if we end up with the next Dave Shula, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we find someone to take us over the hump.
Reply/Quote
I feel that Marv supposedly got more control last time. The results didn't change much at all. Lewis wanted a indoor practice facility, still didn't happen...we borrow one from a college.

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:38 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: I'd be fine with him at GM but it's time for him to move on from HC.

Why does everyone think he’d be a good gm? He stinks.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Paul Alexander is the common denominator.  He has been with the Bengals since 1992.

Paul Alexander has nothing to do with defense, or even offensive play calling. He is NOT the common denominator.... he's just a denominator...
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 09:33 AM)ah5 Wrote: When I saw JDR was fired the first thing that came to mind was, damn he may be a bengal.

Aren’t Del Rio and Lewis good friends too?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Not that I believe we'll ever win a SB, but giving Marvin full control would pretty much seal the deal. He is the death of hope. He is a plague upon us all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
No. Everyone has to go. Top to bottom.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:15 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No. Everyone has to go. Top to bottom.

Yes.  This is the should happen.  The will happen is that the only coaches replaced will be the ones who leave voluntarily.  Stay the course, the broken, failed, utterly predicable course.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:18 PM)McC Wrote: Yes.  This is the should happen.  The will happen is that the only coaches replaced will be the ones who leave voluntarily.  Stay the course, the broken, failed, utterly predicable course.

It's like setting sail on the Titanic every April knowing exactly whats going to happen over and over again.

Here comes the Steelers, prime time game, must win games, playoffs, iceberg again.  Shocked
Reply/Quote
Hire JDR as defensive coordinator.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:15 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No. Everyone has to go. Top to bottom.

Okay, I would be alright with that, but consider this.... Roethlisberger is most assuredly retiring after this season.  The Ravens are going to be stuck with Flacco for a couple more seasons and the Browns, are well, the Browns.

Now is the time to seize the North.  The timing is kinda off for a rebuild.  A good draft that focuses on rebuilding the Oline and this team could be catapult back to the top of the division in one season.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:55 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Okay, I would be alright with that, but consider this.... Roethlisberger is most assuredly retiring after this season.  The Ravens are going to be stuck with Flacco for a couple more seasons and the Browns, are well, the Browns.

Now is the time to seize the North.  The timing is kinda off for a rebuild.  A good draft that focuses on rebuilding the Oline and this team could be catapult back to the top of the division in one season.

But they won't rebuild the line.   They'll extend Bodine and do nothing else.  They are commending and extending PA as we speak for the brilliant job he did the last two weeks.

Reply/Quote
Hard pill to swallow, but nobody really can see into the future, not even head coaches. They've seen how the Oline was really bad most of the season and suddenly the light goes on and the guys on the bench are playing much better than the guys who were the starters. Some guys practice better so they look like the sure lock so you run with them until the new kid knocks them off their perches..
I think that light went off the past few games. 
I doubt Marvin will be gone so I'm going to do like I always do and pretend to not be a fan anymore, but of course that's just bluster.
Nobody knows how Gruden will fare with the Raiders if hired. For all we know he'll fold like a cheap suit, but I think Marvin with the Bengals will at least get us back into contention. He may never get us over the hump, but they won't just roll over in Clevelandesque fashion..
Do I want a championship? Sure, absolutely, but there are no guarantees that any new regime will do one iota better especially with MB calling the important shots. In fact a new HC might just lose whatever control Marvin has gained over the years. I don't follow any team based on whether they won X amount of super bowls. I follow the Bengals and its because they for one reason or another entertain me. It's not the final score that drives my interest, it's the overall team and some sentimental drivel that does so I hate to say it, but I've become somewhat sentimental about Marvin to some degree. 
I'd love him to go out with at least one championship game and if not then oh well..I'm still going to enjoy the show. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm going to be happy regardless what happens. They come out and say everyone is fired top to bottom I'm happy; they come out and say everyone is retained I am happy.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The only coach to ever get full control or anything close will be Marvin. No other coach will get the amount of say and control Mike will give up.
Reply/Quote
Yeah but we are talking about a coach that never won a playoff game. And to do so, you have to be clutch. But it would not be such a bad idea.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote