Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Lewis got full control would you be happy ?
(01-01-2018, 11:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Don't do it....Don't look at today's final result and think:  "He's actually pretty good".  They blew a 14 point lead.  They gave up another ridiculous TD with 10 seconds left in the half.  They sat talent that is clearly 1000 times better than the crap they were rolling out there.  He still has a feud with Ross.  He is way to conservative.  He doesn't know how to get a team up for a big game.  

I love him for what he did, but his time was over after the SD game.  Would love it if he moved to the front office, but he should no longer be our head coach. 

No shit man.

Not getting Boyd to play how he should as possession receiver. 

Not having another WR take the top off the D by speed and also give Green a break(even though he's had 2 years to do so).

Failing to get a running game out of the cellar practically his full tenure in Cincy.

It's rather obvious with Marvin that he makes the decision who plays game day on offense...  so why isn't he able to override Alexander on who plays on the O-Line?

It's because he's a ***** who lets it happen.  He just rolls with it because of Mike Brown and he likes to collect a check.

Sorry.  I don't respect that.  He's made a lot of money here.  Enough to probably retire on.

Yet he sat there and let go.  Being here for so damn long with 50th anniversary and all.

This year of any year he should have said F it and I'll do what needs to be done.

So what did he do...  business as usual.  He'll never get full control here.  Just puppet it out for money.

No thanks!! 

And NO to JDR as well.  We need an offense minded coach here in the worst way.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Per schefter:

Paul Guenther is leading candidate to become Jon Gruden's DC in Oakland (yes, you read that right. Jon Gruden/Oakland) OR a strong candidate to replace Marv as HC if Marv does move on
Reply/Quote
Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he get “full control” after the 2010 season? But even if he did now, what would really change? Wouldn’t it still be up to Brown who we get in free agency and offer extensions to (Zietler, Whit)?

AND EVEN THEN, he’s still the BONEHEADED, HALF WIT LOOKING ON THE SIDELINES who can’t get his team ready, who can’t beat the steelers, who can’t manage the clock, who can’t make second half adjustments, who CANT WIN A PLAYOFF GAME, sorry ass that he was the PAST 15 ***** YEARS
Reply/Quote
Per enquirer:

Bengals and Marv will take a few days to decide on the future.

Wonderful, sit and twiddle our thumbs while every decent candidate gets hired. Bungle-rific.

Might as well just keep the f***er now Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:07 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Per enquirer:

Bengals and Marv will take a few days to decide on the future.

Wonderful, sit and twiddle our thumbs while every decent candidate gets hired. Bungle-rific.

Might as well just keep the f***er now Whatever

Called it. Just like free agency.
Reply/Quote
I was 98 percent sure he'd be gone yesterday at this time. Now I'm about 65. Not a good trajectory, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:44 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: No.

He still sat Westerman and Redmond all season until injuries forced his hand.

Same with Dennard and Jackson at CB.

At least Lawson literally forced his way onto the field by performing so insanely well in the extremely limited snaps he was given early in the year.

I'm sick and tired of veterans trumping younger, more talented players and I'm sick of this mentality that once you get a starting job you basically can't lose it. That's the only reason Bodine is still the starter at center. I guarantee you Westerman would make a better center for us.

That's a loser's and an idiot's mentality and that has nothing to do with Mike Brown.

Lewis is a bad coach who can't put the best players on the field in a position to succeed. He needs to go.

Lewis being gone will allow a new person to come in and see this roster with fresh eyes rather than the biases that come along with drafting and "developing" the players the way Lewis saw fit.

Best thing about Marin leaving is we won't have to hear the "Marvin won't play rookies nonsense anymore. Dennard has been kept off the field pretty much due to injuries. Jackson struggled in zone, which we play a lot, and it wasn't just Lawson out there, Malone has played, Willis has played, Mixon has played, rookies have always played when they are ready and can out perform the starters. The reason it takes so long for Corners to get on the field, is we have good corners in front of them. Redmond and Westerman were not going to supplant Boling, it took finally getting CO out of there and moving Boling to tackle to open the left guard spot.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 11:55 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Per schefter:

Paul Guenther is leading candidate to become Jon Gruden's DC in Oakland (yes, you read that right. Jon Gruden/Oakland) OR a strong candidate to replace Marv as HC if Marv does move on

Let him go to Oakland.  He will be out of a job in two years after he gathers that one-individual talent defense under his wings.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1. It will never be "full control" with Mike alive and breathing.
2. It'd be better than Marvin coaching, but still a weird set up and tbh I just want Marv gone. It's time.

We should all want a regular GM and an entirely new coaching staff, but of course the Bengals aren't a normal team. They're special. Oh so special.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Best thing about Marin leaving is we won't have to hear the "Marvin won't play rookies nonsense anymore. Dennard has been kept off the field pretty much due to injuries. Jackson struggled in zone, which we play a lot, and it wasn't just Lawson out there, Malone has played, Mixon has played, rookies have always played when they are ready and can out perform the starters. The reason it takes so long for Corners to get on the field, is we have good corners in front of them. Redmond and Westerman were not going to supplant Boling, it took finally getting CO out of there and moving Boling to tackle to open the left guard spot.

I agree with some of this as far as injuries are concerned.  Not sure I agree about better corners being in front of Darqueze and WJ3.  Pacman, god love him, has been dropping off for the last 2 seasons.  Kirkpatrick has been flat out awful for most of the season.  Like difficult to believe awful.  

As to finally getting CO out of there, why should it take so long?  He played almost 2 full seasons at a pretty low to rock-bottom level and still never got pulled.  He's an absolute non-contributor in the run game.  Hell, I heard Alexander on the pregame yesterday yammering on about how he still believed in Ogbuehi, Fisher being our best OL, and the young guards only looking good b/c they were fresh and other guys were tired.  For Christ's sake, man!  On top of that, there's Hopkins who grades out as one of if not THE worst starting OG in the NFL.  If nothing else, they could have sat him for Redmond or CW.

The biggest failing of this team in 2017 wasn't losing Z or Whit (although that was a big one), drafting Ross, or even maintaining a lame-duck coach at the top of the staff.  It was an all-out failure to realize how best to utilize what they had and maximize wins with it.  They flushed a season down the toilet because they had a shit understanding of the players (and coaches in Zampese's case) that they're around every day and run a hierarchal locker room rather than a merit-based depth chart.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:31 PM)samhain Wrote: I agree with some of this as far as injuries are concerned.  Not sure I agree about better corners being in front of Darqueze and WJ3.  Pacman, god love him, has been dropping off for the last 2 seasons.  Kirkpatrick has been flat out awful for most of the season.  Like difficult to believe awful.  

As to finally getting CO out of there, why should it take so long?  He played almost 2 full seasons at a pretty low to rock-bottom level and still never got pulled.  He's an absolute non-contributor in the run game.  Hell, I heard Alexander on the pregame yesterday yammering on about how he still believed in Ogbuehi, Fisher being our best OL, and the young guards only looking good b/c they were fresh and other guys were tired.  For Christ's sake, man!  On top of that, there's Hopkins who grades out as one of if not THE worst starting OG in the NFL.  If nothing else, they could have sat him for Redmond or CW.

The biggest failing of this team in 2017 wasn't losing Z or Whit (although that was a big one), drafting Ross, or even maintaining a lame-duck coach at the top of the staff.  It was an all-out failure to realize how best to utilize what they had and maximize wins with it.  They flushed a season down the toilet because they had a shit understanding of the players (and coaches in Zampese's case) that they're around every day and run a hierarchal locker room rather than a merit-based depth chart.
Plus we're ignoring the elephant in the room because of others sucking too.

Bodine.

If they resign this loser as a starter...

[Image: kirk.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:31 PM)samhain Wrote: I agree with some of this as far as injuries are concerned.  Not sure I agree about better corners being in front of Darqueze and WJ3.  Pacman, god love him, has been dropping off for the last 2 seasons.  Kirkpatrick has been flat out awful for most of the season.  Like difficult to believe awful.  

I totally agree about CO, but as far as I can tell we did not have a LT to replace him..... and you're right, Pac is falling off, but that does not negate the fact Jackson, while brilliant in man coverage, struggled with zone concepts here for awhile, and was making huge mistakes. That is what kept him off the field. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I totally agree about CO, but as far as I can tell we did not have a LT to replace him..... and you're right, Pac is falling off, but that does not negate the fact Jackson, while brilliant in man coverage, struggled with zone concepts here for awhile, and was making huge mistakes. That is what kept him off the field. 

Well that's a coaching/FO problem if you pick a player who struggles with your scheme.

The scheme sucks BTW.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I totally agree about CO, but as far as I can tell we did not have a LT to replace him..... and you're right, Pac is falling off, but that does not negate the fact Jackson, while brilliant in man coverage, struggled with zone concepts here for awhile, and was making huge mistakes. That is what kept him off the field. 

I'll grant you that about Jackson.  I doubt anyone expected him to be the kind of player he's turned out to be this fast.  I also doubt anyone expected Dre to completely tank after getting his money, although I think a few here predicted it (wasn't me).  

The o-line and RB are unforgivable and so is the Zamp promotion/retention.  The whole ceremonial Jeremy Hill at the top of the depth chart was completely absurd considering what we've seen the other 2 backs do at this point.  Hill then repaid them by deciding to quit.  Zamp got zero touchdowns this year running this offense and caused a locker room mutiny that forced even this conservative ownership to boot him 2 games in.  That's some silly shit right there.  All hierarchy and loyalty at play and sabotaging the season before it started.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 11:48 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I think one of those fancy poll questions threads should be:

Would you prefer:

A. Retain Marvin and fire all position coaches

B. Fire Marvin and retain all position coaches

Yes. This is THE question and I think this is the impasse between Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis. Marvin has never had full control of even picking his own position coaches. He “inherited” Paul Alexander from the previous three head coaches and that’s weird. Teams do not hire head coaches and make them retain failure position coaches from previous regimes.

Of course I want an entirely new coaching staff but if keeping Marvin is a constraint we must embrace then let him finally pick his own position coaches — all of them.
Reply/Quote
Marvin has had how many OC's, DC's, etc since he has been here, and has not won a playoff game. HE is the common denominator....
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Marvin has had how many OC's, DC's, etc since he has been here, and has not won a playoff game. HE is the common denominator....

Even if he is a great personnel man, and I think he is, you have to can him.  The locker room culture is stagnant and not conductive to winning.  The vets like Geno and Dunlap have seen all of this play out repeatedly and in embarrassing fashion.  How do you sell this to guys like that?  What reason does any player on this team have to buy in if you keep him and his staff?  I'd say zero.
Reply/Quote
Full control of what?

He's the one in charge of who plays, what schemes we run, etc. And he has at least some say in who we draft and what free agents we sign. He's had no success with the amount of control he has, I don't see where giving him more would be a good thing.

What would more control give him? Maybe signing a different free agent or a different draft pick. I don't think that would've re-written any of our playoff losses.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Best thing about Marin leaving is we won't have to hear the "Marvin won't play rookies nonsense anymore. Dennard has been kept off the field pretty much due to injuries. Jackson struggled in zone, which we play a lot, and it wasn't just Lawson out there, Malone has played, Willis has played, Mixon has played, rookies have always played when they are ready and can out perform the starters. The reason it takes so long for Corners to get on the field, is we have good corners in front of them. Redmond and Westerman were not going to supplant Boling, it took finally getting CO out of there and moving Boling to tackle to open the left guard spot.

Or he could have benched Og weeks ago since he was, you know, complete garbage?

You don't need to continue to be an apologist for a coach who isn't going to be here anymore.

Lewis was terrible at playing the best players. That's just a fact. Hopefully our next coach isn't as dense and stubborn as he is.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:13 PM)Benton Wrote: Full control of what?

He's the one in charge of who plays, what schemes we run, etc. And he has at least some say in who we draft and what free agents we sign. He's had no success with the amount of control he has, I don't see where giving him more would be a good thing.

What would more control give him? Maybe signing a different free agent or a different draft pick. I don't think that would've re-written any of our playoff losses.

If they let him gut and re-make his staff plus opened up to signing outside FAs, then it might help.  Still unacceptable IMO.  His time here has passed.
Reply/Quote