Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Marvin was a real head coach
If Marvin was a real coach, these past few weeks he would have told Austin to hold the clipboard and marvin should have ran the defense. It could of helped, maybe it wouldn't. But it would send a message to Austin and Mike Brown. But again, Marvin isn't a real coach. Really hard pressed to think of a positive, a good thing marvin has going for him. I'm stumped. And don't say he can draft well or he has an eye for talent. We are seeing that narrative go down the pisser.

Can we at least agree that Mike Brown doesn't care to ever win a superbowl. Mikey seriously doesn't care if we win 15 games or 1. So frustrated. At this point, with brown showing us he doesn't care to win, he should either sell the team or relocate it. The Bengals won't ever be a good team with Mike Brown in ohio
Reply/Quote
“I don’t have time to be frustrated, I have to coach”. -Marvin Lewis at half time today vs saints
Reply/Quote
“You can’t lose sight of where we are. This hurts. It hurts everybody. We have to coach better and play better,” same old song and dance. Everyone who was OK with keeping this loser as the Bengals head coach, should have to apologize for being so stupid..

In my opinion , judging by body language, and lack of effort, the players don't want to play for Marvin. He has lost every player.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 07:14 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: If Marvin was a real coach, these past few weeks he would have told Austin to hold the clipboard and marvin should have ran the defense. It could of helped, maybe it wouldn't. But it would send a message to Austin and Mike Brown. But again, Marvin isn't a real coach. Really hard pressed to think of a positive, a good thing marvin has going for him.  I'm stumped.  And don't say he can draft well or he has an eye for talent. We are seeing that narrative go down the pisser.

Can we at least agree that Mike Brown doesn't care to ever win a superbowl. Mikey seriously doesn't care if we win 15 games or 1. So frustrated. At this point, with brown showing us he doesn't care to win,  he should either sell the team or relocate it. The Bengals won't ever be a good team with Mike Brown in ohio
15 years with the same HC. Seven playoff losses. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing(keeping Marvin as coach) and expecting a different outcome  (being a perennial loser).
Reply/Quote
Coming off the bye week, with an extra week of preparation, Marv and his band of coaches improved on....nothing.

They knew no AJ, and John Ross was targeted maybe three times.

Mixon started out on fire, and then was sat to get Gio some playing time.

The defense? Well, they honestly didn't have to even take the field for the majority of the Saints drives and the same thing would have happened.

Pathetic all the way around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"We have to play better."
*They don't*
*They don't*
*They don't*

Repeat into eternity.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
He’s supposed to be a defensive guru but I think in reality Ray Lewis and the Ravens defensive players were the reason not him. He’s not a motivator he sounds lifeless every time he talks and just claps no matter what the score is and we know he doesn’t call the offense or have an offensive background I’m not really sure what his strengths are as a head coach.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 07:19 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: “I don’t have time to be frustrated, I have to coach”. -Marvin Lewis at half time today vs saints

This is the best answer Marvin Lewis has ever given to a reporter since 2003. It’s brutally honest and totally unfiltered. Pam Oliver was completely taken by surprise — and she’s an excellent reporter.
Reply/Quote
In all fairness to Marvin Lewis he took over maybe the worst NFL franchise ever. He turned them around for 7 play-off seasons. If Palmer hadn't been injured in 2005, or Dalton in 2015, who knows. Probably play-off wins.

In all honesty, it's time for Marvin Lewis to go.

The problem is still Mike Brown and Family. Most good head coaches didn't want to come here before Lewis, and will not want to come here now.

Good coaches like an Andy Reid and others demand more team control and Mike Brown just isn't going to do that.

When we had Zimmer and Gruden, Fans saw then that one of them should have moved up to Head Coach. It is too late now.

If Mike Brown hires from within, I would certainly want Lazor over Austin. I like the things Lazor is doing on offense more than Austin on defense.

As to why doesn't Marvin take over the Defense ??? What if this is the Marvin Defense ??? Austin has coached defense on 3 Super Bowl teams. Now at Cincy his D stinks. What if this D has been Marvin Lewis more than Austin ? You can not blame Austin for the awful linebackers and defensive backs before 2018 on team. That said, Lewis and Austin both need to go because it's one or the other or both.

Also on D, Bengals were better with Hall, Nelson, Maualuga, IIoka. They didn't find quality players to replace them, and it shows. Well, as we lose Zimmer coached players, the D gets worse and worse.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 07:46 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: In  my opinion , judging by body language,  and lack of effort,  the players don't want to play for Marvin. He has lost every player.

The relationship has run its course.  Imagine getting married to someone you don't like.  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 07:19 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: “I don’t have time to be frustrated, I have to coach”. -Marvin Lewis at half time today vs saints

Yeah? So? Its awesome he said that.

(11-12-2018, 10:04 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is the best answer Marvin Lewis has ever given to a reporter since 2003. It’s brutally honest and totally unfiltered. Pam Oliver was completely taken by surprise — and she’s an excellent reporter.

Exactly.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not a huge Marvin fan, but asking him to be the HC and a pseudo-GM and the DC seems like a bit of a cheap-o insult, even by Mike Brown standards.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 07:14 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: But again, Marvin isn't a real coach. Really hard pressed to think of a positive, a good thing marvin has going for him.  I'm stumped. 

Despite being handicapped by the worst owner/GM in the entire league the Bengals record is in the top half of the league (14th) since Marvin became head coach and only 8 teams have made the playoffs more often.

Imagine what he could accomplish with a real owner
Reply/Quote
You have your wish now.
Reply/Quote
I love when people who run their mouths, insert their feet in their mouths...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not a huge Marvin fan, but asking him to be the HC and a pseudo-GM and the DC seems like a bit of a cheap-o insult, even by Mike Brown standards.

I assumed it was more Marvin trying to save his job.

Mike: "The team stinks. you told me if I gave you total control and a couple decades, you could make it a winner."
Marvin: "It's Frazier's fault."
Mike: "Ok. Well... hey, that's..."
Marvin: "Austin." [giggle] "I meant Austin."
Mike: "Oh. Yeah, I guess. Well, uh, I guess sack him and next year?"
Marvin: [giggle] "Yup."
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 08:12 PM)Benton Wrote: I assumed it was more Marvin trying to save his job.

Mike: "The team stinks. you told me if I gave you total control and a couple decades, you could make it a winner."
Marvin: "It's Frazier's fault."
Mike: "Ok. Well... hey, that's..."
Marvin: "Austin." [giggle] "I meant Austin."
Mike: "Oh. Yeah, I guess. Well, uh, I guess sack him and next year?"
Marvin: [giggle] "Yup."

Overestimation of Mikey caring about that whole winning thing.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:20 AM)kevin Wrote: In all fairness to Marvin Lewis he took over maybe the worst NFL franchise ever.  He turned them around for 7 play-off seasons.  If Palmer hadn't been injured in 2005, or Dalton in 2015, who knows. Probably play-off wins.

In all honesty, it's time for Marvin Lewis to go.

The problem is still Mike Brown and Family.  Most good head coaches didn't want to come here before Lewis, and will not want to come here now.

Good coaches like an Andy Reid and others demand more team control and Mike Brown just isn't going to do that.

When we had Zimmer and Gruden, Fans saw then that one of them should have moved up to Head Coach. It is too late now.

If Mike Brown hires from within, I would certainly want Lazor over Austin.  I like the things Lazor is doing on offense more than Austin on defense.

As to why doesn't Marvin take over the Defense ???   What if this is the Marvin Defense ???  Austin has coached defense on 3 Super Bowl teams. Now at Cincy his D stinks.  What if this D has been Marvin Lewis more than Austin ?   You can not blame Austin for the awful linebackers and defensive backs before 2018 on team.   That said, Lewis and Austin both need to go because it's one or the other or both.

Also on D, Bengals were better with Hall, Nelson, Maualuga, IIoka.  They didn't find quality players to replace them, and it shows. Well, as we lose Zimmer coached players, the D gets worse and worse.

I'll give Marvin credit for building the team up from a joke to a respectable franchise.  However, he has proven time and time again that he can't get this team over the hump.

If I was a coach, I would kill for the Bengals job.  If I could just win one playoff game, I'd have a job as long as I wanted.  Plus, my staff would have a lot of control over the roster.  The reason nobody wanted to come here was that we couldn't get talented players and coaches would get run out of town every few seasons.  Now, we've shown we can get quality players and MB has near infinite patience with HC's.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 07:46 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: “You can’t lose sight of where we are. This hurts. It hurts everybody. We have to coach better and play better,” same old song and dance. Everyone who was OK with keeping this loser as the Bengals head coach, should have to apologize  for being so stupid..

In  my opinion , judging by body language,  and lack of effort,  the players don't want to play for Marvin. He has lost every player.

If our core players want to win more, they will have to go to other teams to do it!!! I've said this for many years!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 01:50 AM)RASCAL Wrote: If our core players want to win more, they will have to go to other teams to do it!!! I've said this for many years!

Yeah, but I get tired of rooting for ex bengals to find success elsewhere.

Reply/Quote