Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Ryan Tannehill to the Bengals is the KEY move - How would you respond ?
(01-16-2019, 03:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Drew Lock sounds like the off-brand version of Andrew Luck, to me...that's good enough.  If Andrew Luck is a transformer, Drew Lock is a Go-Bot.

Whoa now, don't insult the guy. The Go-Bot's were like the Kmart Transformers. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 02:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No. No tanking. Tanking is stupid. You're asking for a guy who gets his first head coaching gig ever to intentionally mess up his win-loss record just so you get a QB that may or may not pan out. "Hey, we want to fix this culture of mediocrity by turning our team into a losing franchise so that we can draft a QB that has just as much a chance of being a bust as being a hall of famer."

That's not even mentioning the fact that we have enough talent that tanking is going to be difficult to do.

This fan base won't tolerate Tanking.

Tanking would hit Mike even harder in the Wallet were it to come on the heels of the fans "no more Marvin movement" & "no Hue Jackson" push back.

Tanking would also take away the Aura of the Hip, New, Young & Innovative Head Coach Zac Taylor that has fans somewhat interested right now.

Fans need Taylor to deliver on his next Sean McVay vibe or they will hit Mike in the wallet with disinterest rather quickly.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 04:42 PM)depthchart Wrote: This fan base won't tolerate Tanking.

Tanking would hit Mike even harder in the Wallet were it to come on the heels of the fans "no more Marvin movement" & "no Hue Jackson" push back.

Tanking would also take away the Aura of the Hip, New, Young & Innovative Head Coach Zac Taylor that has fans somewhat interested right now.

Fans need Taylor to deliver on his next Sean McVay vibe or they will hit Mike in the wallet with disinterest rather quickly.

plus if the goal was to tank we should have just hired the master Hue
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 04:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Whoa now, don't insult the guy. The Go-Bot's were like the Kmart Transformers. 

At least I didn't say he was the bootleg ROBERT COP to Luck's Robo Cop.

[Image: kMoBtdY.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 04:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: plus if the goal was to tank we should have just hired the master Hue

That might not have been a bad tanking plan.

Hire Hue for a few years to lose and stock up on top 5 Draft talent & then get the QB from Clemson once he comes out. Tongue

Then Fire Hue & go get the next young, Hip, innovative next Sean McVay type.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 03:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Drew Lock sounds like the off-brand version of Andrew Luck, to me...that's good enough.  If Andrew Luck is a transformer, Drew Lock is a Go-Bot.

I wonder what round Lock is projected?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 03:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. You don't tank. You try to build the right culture with the right coach, and the rest seems to fall into place. Anyways, here's where the best QB's in the NFL were taken:

Pat Mahomes - 12th overall
Tom Brady - 6th round
Drew Brees - 2nd round
Aaron Rodgers - 24th overall
Ben Turdburdler - 11th overall
Deshaun Watson - 12th overall
Russell Wilson - 3rd round
Derek Carr - 2nd round

You do have good QB's taken high:

Cam Newton - 1st overall
Matt Ryan - 1st overall
Andrew Luck - 1st overall
Matt Stafford - 1st overall
Baker Mayfield - 1st overall
Jared Goff - 1st overall
Carson Wentz - 2nd overall 
Phillip Rivers - 2nd overall

But tbh, I'd take the first group over the 2nd. Just goes to show you don't have to totally tank to find a top QB.

At first read of this list, I thought "Turdburdler" was an actual QB and I laughed at what this kid must had to do to survive his childhood with such a name.   LMAO
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 05:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I wonder what round Lock is projected?

I know nothing about the guy but I assume he will go in the first.  I bet he doesn't make it past the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 05:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I wonder what round Lock is projected?

I'm seeing Mocks with Drew Lock going as high as #6 overall to the Giants or 10th to Denver.

If Zac Taylor likes Lock then he could be in play with the Bengals holding pick #11.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 05:12 PM)depthchart Wrote: I'm seeing Mocks with Drew Lock going as high as #6 overall to the Giants or 10th to Denver.

If Zac Taylor likes Lock then he could be in play with the Bengals holding pick #11.

Have Haskins and Murray declared for the draft?  Because I could see one of those three dropping out of the first round.  Stranger things have happened.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 05:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Have Haskins and Murray declared for the draft?  Because I could see one of those three dropping out of the first round.  Stranger things have happened.  

Yes they both have. Along with Duke QB Daniel Jones who I've seen mocked in the first as well.
Reply/Quote
Tannehill wouldn't be an upgrade though probably not much of a downgrade either, but definitely wouldn't get the fanbase excited enough to go the games. I really don't see how this can be considered a good move unless the Dolphins do a trade giving up a decent draft pick or two as well.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 03:18 PM)depthchart Wrote: Zac Taylor worked with Ryan Tannehill as his Offensive Coordinator & QB Coach for a few years in Miami. Ryan's best years.

Sometimes Coaches like to bring QBs that they worked with before to teams that they become Coaches for.

I would rather have Dalton as well but we are yet to find out which direction Zac Taylor may push the Bengals towards.

Within the realm of possibility that Zac could want Tannehill.

I guess it is possible but i doubt he would want a retread, Tannehill cannot even stay healthy.

(01-16-2019, 03:27 PM)depthchart Wrote: I guess Zac could try to have the best of both worlds.

Use Dalton for the next season or two while eyeing the next two Draft classes for who Zac would want as his rookie.

Hopefully having success with Dalton & then pulling the trigger to get the rookie of his choosing.

Sounds more like it to me. Roll with Dalton till he finds his guy in the Draft then let him learn under Dalton for a year or if he is outplaying Dalton, start him as a rookie. But make up your mind before the season starts.

(01-16-2019, 03:37 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am at the point now that I want an Elite QB, a young stud. Now, I don't know if Haskins is that stud but damn near. 2020 may be the year the Bengals draft Dalton's replacement. But please no more retreads.

Same here Psych. Please no to Tannehill or any other retread, now if we could make a trade for a decent backup to compete i would be all for it, but i don't think Tannehill could even compete with his injury history, just cannot count on the guy. Atleast Dalton stays healthy for the most part besides that damn thumb.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 01:19 PM)depthchart Wrote: I'm with you.

But in this scenario; Zac Taylor holds a press conference to talk up Ryan Tannehill and how Zac believes that Tannehill has a lot of good years left.

Zac wants to go to battle with Ryan and you are watching the Press Conference.

Zac then says that we won't be drafting a rookie QB high anytime soon and Ryan will be our guy.

In Zac we trust or are you totally deflated as a fan... ?

I’m as ready as anyone to move on from Dalton, but if this is Taylor’s idea of building a winner then he is a jack wagon dimwit.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 02:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Dalton has been fine in prime-time since the 2.0 game, which was 5 years ago.

2.  :giggle:

He was pretty bad against KC this year.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 05:07 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: At first read of this list, I thought "Turdburdler" was an actual QB and I laughed at what this kid must had to do to survive his childhood with such a name.   LMAO

You laugh now, until we draft Luke Atmadik in the first round.  Mellow

(01-16-2019, 06:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was pretty bad against KC this year.

Overall, he's shown improvement that stretches over several years. One game doesn't undo that IMO.

Especially considering the fact that the team around him still played like doo-doo. If you play adequately at all in prime-time under Marvin Lewis, I give extra points.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 02:12 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: They only way I could get on board with this is if we got a bigger return trading dalton and we drafted a qb next year or got Lawrence the following year.

Otherwise I ride with ad until his replacement is here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would tank in two years the whole year for Trevor lawerence
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 04:50 PM)depthchart Wrote: That might not have been a bad tanking plan.

Hire Hue for a few years to lose and stock up on top 5 Draft talent & then get the QB from Clemson once he comes out. Tongue

Then Fire Hue & go get the next young, Hip, innovative next Sean McVay type.

the fan base couldn't handle it though..

but theres no way as a first time Head coach you want to tank anything as it might be your last time as HC so if tanking was the goal we want an experienced tanker.
Reply/Quote
Want no part of Tannehill. he's expensive, mediocre, and hasn't played a full year since Andy's MVP year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 12:35 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Dolphins appear ready to move on from QB Ryan Tannehill and stories are popping up that reuniting him with Zac Taylor in Cincinnati may be the place Tannehill lands.

Tannehill is a little over a year younger than Andy Dalton and much stranger things than a move like this have happened in the NFL.

Should this QB change occur and with the approval of expected New Head Coach Zac Taylor; What would be your opinion of and reaction to this being Zac Taylor's statement making move ?

Possible Pros & Cons to this move (Draft picks for Dalton/Tannehill's injury history etc) ?

Stories, stories, stories. Since Taylor isn't the coach yet and since no writers in the media actually know what the Bengals' plans are, they have to speculate and speculate, then speculate some more to create new stories about stories that aren't based on anything at all except their earlier speculations.

Why exactly would we want Tannehill over Dalton? Neither of these guys is going to lead this team to a SB win so why go from one average Joe to another one that's being ejected by his team?

Doesn't make a lot of sense.

According to Marvin every team in the NFL is looking for Andy Dalton, but I believe that's far more fiction than fact. Maybe a few teams, with no franchise QB are looking to spend a mid round pick for Andy Dalton is probably closer to the truth. The idea that he'll bring a 1st and 2nd round pick are rather unfounded. Andy Dalton isn't Carson Palmer or Alex Smith, both of whom were better QBs. Just because a team spent a later 1st round pick on Bradford doesn't mean they'll make the same mistake twice.

Reply/Quote