Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Ryan Tannehill to the Bengals is the KEY move - How would you respond ?
(01-16-2019, 10:40 PM)Benton Wrote: Taylor is supposed to be an offensive genius. If he thinks Tim tebow is the the answer, then I'm along for the ride.

I like Dalton. Probably more than most on this board. But if the new coach wants a box of cheezits, then get him a box of cheezits. If he wants tannehill, get him tannehill.

And if it doesn't work in a couple seasons, then scrap it and get a new coach.

but I don't wanna be the browns
Reply/Quote
our problems on offense last year

1. losing 3 TEs to injury
2. penalty machines like Redmond and Hart
3. Lazor failing to create mismatches and adjusting to adjustments
4. injury to Green
5. Dalton out for 5 games
the above was out of Dalton control.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 11:40 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: but I don't wanna be the browns

We lost 5 out of 6 to AFC North teams, and finished in last place. We already are...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 11:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We lost 5 out of 6 to AFC North teams, and finished in last place. We already are...

Hopefully not for long though, right?

I think the division is pretty open right now.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 11:43 AM)impactplaya Wrote: our problems on offense last year

1. losing 3 TEs to injury
2. penalty machines like Redmond and Hart
3. Lazor failing to create mismatches and adjusting to adjustments
4. injury to Green
5. Dalton out for 5 games
the above was out of Dalton control.

Players we continually hear or have to make excuses for aren't going to get that leeway any longer. Dalton's days are numbered with the Bengals, but I do believe he'll be the starter this year to see if the new coaching staff can get him to step up and contend.

He needs to step up and be a starting caliber QB even without AJ and Eifert in the line up, and in the playoffs. In his 8 years he's never really been able to do that.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 12:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Players we continually hear or have to make excuses for aren't going to get that leeway any longer.

Good thing NFL coaches know the difference between "reasons" and "excuses".

(01-17-2019, 12:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: He needs to step up and be a starting caliber QB even without AJ and Eifert in the line up, 

Some of Dalton's games without Green and Eifert

Game #2 of 2014... Dalton passed for 252 yards and a 116.6 rating in a win over the Falcons.

Game #5 of 2014... One of Dalton's all-time great late game performances going 15-18 for 184 yds and a td while leading 4 consecutive scoring drives in the 4th quarter and overtime against the Panthers.

Game #7 of 2014... Dalton completes 75% of his passes (21-28) for 266 yards and leads a 90 yard drive to the game winning td with less than a minute left against the Ravens.

Game #12 of 2016... 332 yds and a 130.0 passer rating in win over Eagles.

Game #13 of 2016... 112.2 passer rating in win over Browns.

Game #16 of 2016... 101.2 passer rating in win over Ravens.
Reply/Quote
I've been so excited about Taylor and the future of this team. Invariably, something like this had to happen to bring me down to earth.

Yeah, I know it hasn't happened - yet.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 11:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We lost 5 out of 6 to AFC North teams, and finished in last place. We already are...

Right, because having 3 losing seasons in a row is totally comparable to having 12 losing seasons in a row.

Even the Bengals of the lost decade never went 12 straight losing seasons, that's how bad the Browns have been. So no, them finishing with one more win than us in a season we finished with Jeff Driskel at QB does not instantly make us the new Browns. 

For all the Bronwns seemingly have going for them, I will still be legitimately shocked if they snap that streak next year, too.
Reply/Quote
Yeaaaaah….no thanks. Would rather just ride out Dalton's contract and draft a real QB.*
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 12:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: He needs to step up and be a starting caliber QB even without AJ and Eifert in the line up, and in the playoffs. In his 8 years he's never really been able to do that.

What about the rest of the Bengals team?

Andy Dalton.....68-50-2
Other QBs...….. 3- 6- 0  (Bengals have never beaten a team better than 5-11 without Dalton)
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 01:03 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Right, because having 3 losing seasons in a row is totally comparable to having 12 losing seasons in a row.

Even the Bengals of the lost decade never went 12 straight losing seasons, that's how bad the Browns have been. So no, them finishing with one more win than us in a season we finished with Jeff Driskel at QB does not instantly make us the new Browns. 

For all the Bronwns seemingly have going for them, I will still be legitimately shocked if they snap that streak next year, too.

You are new here so let me warn you.

Some of these guys get upset when you threaten their victim cards.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 01:03 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Right, because having 3 losing seasons in a row is totally comparable to having 12 losing seasons in a row.

Yeah, we did so much with all our winning seasons...5 straight one and done. At least they turned all that losing into Mayfield and Garrett.

But we shall see. We’ll both have new HC’s next season, but Kitchens is already familiar with his team, and was a big part of their success after firing Hue and Haley.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 10:40 PM)Benton Wrote: Taylor is supposed to be an offensive genius. If he thinks Tim tebow is the the answer, then I'm along for the ride.

I like Dalton. Probably more than most on this board. But if the new coach wants a box of cheezits, then get him a box of cheezits. If he wants tannehill, get him tannehill.

And if it doesn't work in a couple seasons, then scrap it and get a new coach.

I'm hoping Taylor deserves the current REP he has and it isn't all the result of riding Sean McVay's coat tails.

Also hope to see multiple good signs as this offseason unfolds up to and through the Draft.

Post Draft we should have a decent picture of Taylor's influence in making his initial stamp on this team.

A Tannehill move would have me worried.

I'd love to see some offseason moves that reinforce Taylor's hip, young, innovative, genius REP.

As you imply, we just got to trust that Taylor is really an ahead of the curve guy and give him enough rope to either hang himself with or live up to his young genius label.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 01:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are new here so let me warn you.

Some of these guys get upset when you threaten their victim cards.

I should also warn him that certain posters live to argue, troll, and cherry pick useless stats. But they’ll figure out who’s who quickly enough.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 01:16 PM)depthchart Wrote: I'm hoping Taylor deserves the current REP he has and it isn't all the result of riding Sean McVay's coat tails.

Also hope to see multiple good signs as this offseason unfolds up to and through the Draft.

Post Draft we should have a decent picture of Taylor's influence in making his initial stamp on this team.

A Tannehill move would have me worried.

I'd love to see some offseason moves that reinforce Taylor's hip, young, innovative, genius REP.

As you imply, we just got to trust that Taylor is really an ahead of the curve guy and give him enough rope to either hang himself with or live up to his young genius label.

Here's to hoping it ends up at least like the chance that was taken on a guy with rep under a wizard from the West Coast did in '84. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I would respond Zac TayTay is Way CrayCray
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 01:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Here's to hoping it ends up at least like the chance that was taken on a guy with rep under a wizard from the West Coast did in '84. :andy:

I am more than ready for some hip, young & innovative Head Coaching around here.

Did I mention that Taylor is "Hip".  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 01:39 PM)depthchart Wrote: I am more than ready for some hip, young & innovative Head Coaching around here.

Did I mention that Taylor is "Hip".  Tongue

Hmm I think you might have...... Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

we made it to the basement  but to be the browns means staying there for many years.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 03:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we made it to the basement  but to be the browns means staying there for many years.

To be fair, it was our basement for awhile before them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote