Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Ryan Tannehill to the Bengals is the KEY move - How would you respond ?
(01-17-2019, 11:40 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: but I don't wanna be the browns

Oh c'mon.. You don't wanna have the annual Superbowl celebration that is Cleveland's? The #1 pick of the draft every season?  Other fan bases dream of going to the superbowl. Cleveland fans dream every year of landing the #1 pick regardless of whether he's worth it or not.
Just think of how many Johnny Footballs we coulda had if only....  Hilarious

As for answering the question at hand..Tannehill for Dalton? Uhhh...no. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 03:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: To be fair, it was our basement for awhile before them.

....and dammit, we OWNED that shit. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

After this season, being the browns would be an improvement. 

Mellow

Seriously, though, making no changes in nearly two decades has resulted in just as many playoff wins as changing a coach every couple. I don't want to be the browns, either, but I don't want to sit pat out of fear of being the browns.
Reply/Quote
I'd be fine. As long as we look to the draft these next couple years.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 04:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....and dammit, we OWNED that shit. Mellow

but we did it our way dammit.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What about the rest of the Bengals team?

Andy Dalton.....68-50-2
Other QBs...….. 3- 6- 0  (Bengals have never beaten a team better than 5-11 without Dalton)

Dalton has been the best QB on the Bengals the entire time he was hear. Proves nothing, except that Marvin Lewis didn't want any competition for Dalton.

Reply/Quote

[Image: th?id=OIP.cecQ2Wip2PF9YjgOw_G3gQAAAA&pid...=229&h=159]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If Ryan Tannehill is the answer I don’t want to know the question.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 11:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If Ryan Tannehill is the answer I don’t want to know the question.

He does at least have a gorgeous wife. Maybe he should be our backup...

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 11:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He does at least have a gorgeous wife. Maybe he should be our backup...

...a most astute observation. That’s the common thread among Bengal backup quarterbacks.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 06:16 PM)Benton Wrote: After this season, being the browns would be an improvement. 

Mellow

Seriously, though, making no changes in nearly two decades has resulted in just as many playoff wins as changing a coach every couple. I don't want to be the browns, either, but I don't want to sit pat out of fear of being the browns.

You have to wonder if other teams look at our 16 years with Marvin and then think about keeping their coach and say "We need a new coach...we don't want to be the Bengals."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 12:35 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Dolphins appear ready to move on from QB Ryan Tannehill and stories are popping up that reuniting him with Zac Taylor in Cincinnati may be the place Tannehill lands.

Tannehill is a little over a year younger than Andy Dalton and much stranger things than a move like this have happened in the NFL.

Should this QB change occur and with the approval of expected New Head Coach Zac Taylor; What would be your opinion of and reaction to this being Zac Taylor's statement making move ?

Possible Pros & Cons to this move (Draft picks for Dalton/Tannehill's injury history etc) ?

you're joking right?   this IS a joke?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 12:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You have to wonder if other teams look at our 16 years with Marvin and then think about keeping their coach and say "We need a new coach...we don't want to be the Bengals."

Oh, ouch. That hurt.

Reply/Quote
Finkle is Einhorn
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 12:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You have to wonder if other teams look at our 16 years with Marvin and then think about keeping their coach and say "We need a new coach...we don't want to be the Bengals."

Good gracious. I'd never thought about it that way.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 11:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He does at least have a gorgeous wife. Maybe he should be our backup...

Damn, you ain't kiddin'!

[Image: tanne2.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 06:26 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Damn, you ain't kiddin'!

[Image: tanne2.jpg]

Thank you for waking me up this morning!!!!!  Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I honestly don't that believe the plan is for Tannehill to be the "guy". More like the bridge to the next franchise QB.

Let's say the Bengals trade Andy to Washington for a 2nd and 3rd round pick. They might get more for Andy, but I'll be safe in my prediction. Then they acquire Tannehill from the Dolphins. Yes, there is a small amount of drop off from Dalton but I don't believe it will be significant. Tannehill has his problems, but he never had a duo like AJ Green/Tyler Boyd to throw to.

Then with the 11th overall pick you can do one of two things: Stay put and draft Devin White/whoever falls or use those extra picks to help you move up and take a QB. Let him sit behind Tannehill for a year.

If you stay put and draft Devin White at 11 then you can focus on O-line in the second round. Those two picks can land the Bengals a new shiny right tackle and guard. If they really want to get creative they can even move back into the first round with those picks.

If the Bengals take a QB in this years draft then Tannehill will be the starter for a year. Maybe. We've seen plenty rookies leapfrog veteran players by mid season.

It all really depends on how you think the Bengals should go about the QB situation. Stick with Andy for the next two years or let the new coach find a way to draft his guy? There is a solid chance Taylor will want his own QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 10:57 AM)MentalRage Wrote: I honestly don't that believe the plan is for Tannehill to be the "guy".  More like the bridge to the next franchise QB.

Let's say the Bengals trade Andy to Washington for a 2nd and 3rd round pick. They might get more for Andy, but I'll be safe in my prediction. Then they acquire Tannehill from the Dolphins. Yes, there is a small amount of drop off from Dalton but I don't believe it will be significant. Tannehill has his problems, but he never had a duo like AJ Green/Tyler Boyd to throw to.

Then with the 11th overall pick you can do one of two things: Stay put and draft Devin White/whoever falls or use those extra picks to help you move up and take a QB. Let him sit behind Tannehill for a year.

If you stay put and draft Devin White at 11 then you can focus on O-line in the second round. Those two picks can land the Bengals a new shiny right tackle and guard. If they really want to get creative they can even move back into the first round with those picks.

If the Bengals take a QB in this years draft then Tannehill will be the starter for a year. Maybe. We've seen plenty rookies leapfrog veteran players by mid season.

It all really depends on how you think the Bengals should go about the QB situation. Stick with Andy for the next two years or let the new coach find a way to draft his guy? There is a solid chance Taylor will want his own QB.

My problem with this is it does not help the cap. Tannehill will add an additional ~$10m. Would an extra 2nd and 3rd be worth the extra cap money? I don't know. It could be cheaper to trade Dalton and sign Bridgewater. I just don't think Bridgewater is going to be $26m a year. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if he cost that much.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 11:13 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: My problem with this is it does not help the cap. Tannehill will add an additional ~$10m. Would an extra 2nd and 3rd be worth the extra cap money? I don't know. It could be cheaper to trade Dalton and sign Bridgewater. I just don't think Bridgewater is going to be $26m a year. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if he cost that much.

I'm not saying it's ideal or something that I necessarily want them to do. Just what the overall plan might be if they do pull that trigger.

Also this whole idea is just a guy's opinion. There's a good chance this never happens. 
Reply/Quote