Tiger
I I Captain.
If we block then we move on.
If we don't we go home captain.
Reply/Quote
31 teams do it every year.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 11:12 PM)jason Wrote: Ye shall be banished... That's what.

Organizations don't lose in the playoffs. Teams do. Lose when? The AFC championship? Super Bowl? First round?

Tiger
One could argue that this organization has lost for two decades sir. Depends on who you ask. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 11:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Is this a trick question?

Fix the line
Sign the guys you need to sign
Draft
Roll it back and go for it again next year

Easy?

Tiger
No its not that easy when you've been doing it for thirty years with no playoff victory. No its not
You must be putting your chips in on talented players.
So was the five year run of playoff teams under Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
Appreciate a magical season and wear your AFC North Division Championship gear proudly in the offseason?

Be grateful you've got Joe Burrow and have a bright future?
Reply/Quote
Tiger
Run Mixon 25 times!
Reply/Quote
None of us will like losing in the playoffs yet again, but I wouldn't say anything should be "done about it".

You can't hold Marvin's 16 years and 7 playoff losses against Zac.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Blame the refs of course.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 12:52 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Blame the refs of course.

Why? We are not entitled Chiefs fans.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 12:18 AM)Since1970 Wrote: Appreciate a magical season and wear your AFC North Division Championship gear proudly in the offseason?

Outside the box thinking.... I like it.

I'm not big on the "ahead of schedule" or "house money" narratives right now, but should they lose next Sunday (and they won't) I'm not gonna be screaming 31 years without a playoff win.

None of this matters. We're advancing to the 2nd round.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 09:54 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
What should be done?

13 of 14 teams will lose in the POs. 

I'd say we start scounting/planning for free agency & the draft. We are up and coming. With 2 legit budding superstars on O. We have a lot of cap space and the ability to create more if needed.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 12:18 AM)Since1970 Wrote: Appreciate a magical season and wear your AFC North Division Championship gear proudly in the offseason?

All the 'fans' that say only the playoffs matter or only a playoff win matters are full of shit. If it was true, they wouldn't be posting 12 months a year.

I never let the performance of 53 individuals that don't even know I exist affect my feelings or emotions . . . after the game. During the game, of course, that last line is pure bullshit, but I never let that stuff drag with me. They're just not that crucial to me or my life. Sure, it's better when they're winning but if watching successful football teams was important, I sure wouldn't be a Bengals fan for over 50 years.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 10:50 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Trade Burrow for the #1 pick in the draft.

But what if we lose because Joe suffers a career ending injury in the playoff game?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 01:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But what if we lose because Joe suffers a career ending injury in the playoff game?

Okay, then a 5th round pick and a quart of fried rice.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I know a lot of people here will disagree, but if we don't make it to the Super Bowl to me there is not a huge difference between "making the playoffs" and "winning a playoff game".

"Making the playoffs" is an epic 18 week battle. To me that means as much. if not more, than a single 3 hour game controlled by the rule of "on any given Sunday". So unless it is a Conference Championship Game to get to the Super Bowl a mere playoff win is no more impressive than making the playoffs/
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 01:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But what if we lose because Joe suffers a career ending injury in the playoff game?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Invest in an indoor practice facility...

[Image: Massillon_Indoor_Facility_2.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we at least play the damn game before the doom and gloom talk starts?

“If You Expect Disappointment, Then You Can Never Really Get Disappointed”
MJW

or something like that.
Reply/Quote
I'm guaranteeing a first round playoff win
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 10:23 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: We fire Taylor, Cut Aquzie, Reader, Burrow, Chase, & Higgins; and start rebuilding, clearly.

Also demolish Paul Brown Stadium.  Relocate the Bengals to Canada. 
Reply/Quote