Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If This Organization Loses In The Playoffs
(01-09-2022, 06:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Doubt the Bengals want to spend all their salary space. Bates will take up a bunch but Wayne’s saved money might be enough. They’ll lose Ogunjobi. The Brown family other than last year haven’t been active in FA. It will be an interesting watch. The good news is that free agents are more likely to want to come here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most may not agree with me but I would let Bates walk.  This offense is going to win games and if the money is spent on 2 good O linemen it makes both Joes nearly unstoppable.  Pass at will run at will.  Draft a safety. Most have the money has gone to the defense lately and the offense is about to command a lot of it.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 04:10 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Who the offensive lineman coming up for FA?

Spain is the main one.
Reiff will likely void his 2nd year, entering FA.
Plus, Bengals may want to upgrade Hopkins, who is entering the final year of his contract next year.
RG also doesn't have a solid-or-better player there right now, so that could be upgraded.
I do imagine RG will probably be a camp battle between Carman and Adeniji though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 06:56 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Fred just says this bc then we can all say burrow>Dalton and all his arguments are moot 

Then why did I say it before we ever even drafted Dalton or Burrow?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 11:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then why did I say it before we ever even drafted Dalton or Burrow?

Link?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 09:39 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: I'm guaranteeing a first round playoff win

Tiger
I wouldn't guarantee a win but I do think that the 30 year playoff drought will be over on 1/15/22 around 8pm.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:28 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Link?

Does not exist anymore.
Reply/Quote
Win or lose in the playoffs, the offensive line continues to be the squeaky wheel in the Cincinnati Bengals machine. It’s better than it was but if the Bengals are going to be “the next big thing” in sports then the line will have to be correctly addressed.

The offensive line has historically, at least recently, addressed incorrectly. We know the litany: Losing Zeitler and Whitworth, drafting Ogbuehi and Fisher, hiring Turner, etc.

My personal preference would be for Frank Pollock to find outstanding personnel who can run block and provide such great pass protection that any above average running back and quarterback can succeed. I would design my offensive line with supporting backup skill players in mind, not the starters. Having players like Joe Mixon and Joe Burrow are icing on the cake.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Does not exist anymore.

That's ok. I believe you. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Does not exist anymore.

How convenient...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 07:51 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: How convenient...

Yes, very convenient for you that I can't embarrass you by proving you wrong.
Reply/Quote
I'll be disappointed, but I expected them to win 5 games max this season so I won't be calling for heads or anything.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
What a stupid thread. If we lose this Saturday, I'm blaming OP.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Improve the offensive line. And thats if we win or lose.

Nothing drastic will happen if we lose in the playoffs. I hope we win but losing doesn't mean wholesale changes need made.
Reply/Quote
Like others have said, we're seemingly a year ahead in terms of progress based on rebuild. That said, I would be absolutely pissed off if we lost to the raiders this Saturday. I'm not expecting Superbowl, but after beating KC and taking GB to overtime , I think this team CAN do anything. If Burrow doesn't throw the pick in overtime to GB, I think we go right down and score. Who knows.

The good news is we have a lot to be optimistic about, regardless of the outcome of this one upcoming game. ZT clearly knows how to build a team. We may not always love his offensive plays, but even that's seemingly coming around as of late.
Reply/Quote
Without reading the rest of the thread I'd have to say Taylor earned another year regardless of our playoff performance. He got us there.

But I'll be really pissed if we don't get at least 3 high level offensive linemen - two as high picks in the draft. Bad year for FA O linemen. We really missed our shot last year with what was out there. We MUST improve that line if we're going to move forward and protect the franchise.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 03:25 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Invest in an indoor practice facility...

[Image: Massillon_Indoor_Facility_2.jpg]

As Buddy Holly said

That'll be the day !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 10:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, very convenient for you that I can't embarrass you by proving you wrong.

Guarantee I can find a post of you saying burrow isn't better than Dalton if I wanted 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:05 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Guarantee I can find a post of you saying burrow isn't better than Dalton if I wanted 

Sig bet that you can't.

You will find some posts about how Dalton won quicker than Burrow, but you won't find one saying Dalton is "better".  In fact I guarantee I can find a dozen posts where I say Burrow is a better prospect and should be a better QB than Dalton.

I have never bashed Burrow.  I have just bashed the people who said things like "Burrow doesn't need a good O-line because pressure does not effect him" or "Burrow doesn't need great receivers because he can throw them open" or "Burrow will fix this team by holding players accountable".

So what do you want to wager on that sig bet?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:31 AM)3wt Wrote: But I'll be really pissed if we don't get at least 3 high level offensive linemen - two as high picks in the draft. 

Then you are going to be pissed.  We used a 2nd and a 4th on O-line this year.  We are not going to use to "high" picks on Oline this year.  We have other issues to address.

(01-10-2022, 11:31 AM)3wt Wrote:    We really missed our shot last year with what was out there.  

We have $6.8 million in unused cap space.  I guarantee that the guys you wanted us to sign cost way more than that.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:05 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Guarantee I can find a post of you saying burrow isn't better than Dalton if I wanted 

I don't think I have ever seen Fred say that Dalton is better than Burrow, but I have seen Joelist say that Dalton was better than Burrow. He said it roughly four weeks ago. 
Reply/Quote