Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
If We Pull Off the Win in KC ,Will be be the Favorites in the Superbowl?
No.

We were ranked last when there was 8 teams left and we're ranked last now with 4 left.

That's not going to change when there is 2 left.

This is especially true if we end up with the rams.

They'll be heavy favorites due to their Dline vs our Oline
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:03 AM)PhilHos Wrote: IF the Rams are reprensenting the NFC, I'd say we'd still be underdogs. If it's the 49ers? I think it's going to be a toss up. One of those 3 point or less lines.

That makes sense.  I think the respect is cumulative, too.  By beating the Raiders, the Bengals got a nice pat on the head and were congratulated on finally winning a playoff game that some thought we could win. But most still thought we were done and we couldn't beat the Titans.  So, now, if you knock off the King (Patty), you'll be convincing some more people that we are legit.  Some will still point out that the Niners beat us earlier this year (us beating KC is still meaningless, apparently), but anyone who watched that game knows we lost because we couldn't get out of our own way.  Winning makes believers of (them) us all.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:53 AM)AlphaBengal Wrote: They’ll flex the game to 3pm on Saturday if we’re in the Super Bowl.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/veteransofcincinnati/2015/2/1/7959443/super-bowl-xvi-between-the-bengals-and-49ers-remains-highest-rated

As of 2015 ...

Super Bowl XVI between the Bengals and 49ers remains highest-rated

The Cincinnati Bengals Super Bowl XVI game against the San Francisco 49ers remains the highest-rated sporting event in history. That's a bit shocking but kind of cool regardless.
By Josh Kirkendall@Josh_Kirkendall  Feb 1, 2015, 1:00pm EST  
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
When We WIN !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 01:50 AM)Science Friction Wrote: If the Bengals are able to escape KC with the win, do you think they will then be the favorites to win it all?  Personally, I think SF will beat the Rams and I like our chances against the 49'ers. Would have beaten them handily last time were it not for all the muffs. I don't really fear either the Rams or Niners like I do the Chiefs. I think Sunday's game is , by far, our biggest obstacle to our first Superbowl win.

I know it would have been unfathomable early in the season, but do you think the Cincinnati Bengals , with a win on Sunday, will enter the Superbowl as the favorite ???

I haven't really paid much attention to what the oddsmakers are saying.  Would be be favorites or dogs against the NFC champ?

Not a chance. They will be doubted until they are standing on the stage, raising the trophy to the sky. 

Even then, someone will make some excuse. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It’s possible we could against the 49ers. Idc if they beat us, we beat KC and are still a 7 point dog. 49ers will be within 3 points either way, I think.
Reply/Quote
No matter who we play, it'll probably be Bengals +7. Even if we win the Super Bowl, we'd probably still be #3 in next years Power Rankings.
We're not media darlings and likely never will be.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 01:22 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/veteransofcincinnati/2015/2/1/7959443/super-bowl-xvi-between-the-bengals-and-49ers-remains-highest-rated

As of 2015 ...

The Cincinnati Bengals Super Bowl XVI game against the San Francisco 49ers remains the highest-rated sporting event in history. That's a bit shocking but kind of cool regardless.

I think many tuned in because there were so many novel angles to that game.  To that point the SB always seemed to have the usual suspects somewhere in the mix.  Pittsburgh, Dallas, Miami, Oakland, even Minnesota showing up every couple of years to lose one.  But SB XVI was the first SB since SB III to not feature one of those teams I listed, the first in a dozen years to not feature returning contestants.  The Bengals and 49ers both came out of left field that year.  And it was the first SB to be held in a cold-weather city, and Detroit to boot.  I loved the Silverdome and visited a couple dozen times, but it's one of the last places you suspect they would hold a SB. It was all so unique, and I think that drew a lot of extra eyeballs.  My theory, anyway.  
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 01:22 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/veteransofcincinnati/2015/2/1/7959443/super-bowl-xvi-between-the-bengals-and-49ers-remains-highest-rated

As of 2015 ...

I wonder why that is? Pretty crazy to think it. Maybe we'll get a primetime game next year that is on Sunday/Monday night.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 01:41 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I think many tuned in because there were so many novel angles to that game.  To that point the SB always seemed to have the usual suspects somewhere in the mix.  Pittsburgh, Dallas, Miami, Oakland, even Minnesota showing up every couple of years to lose one.  But SB XVI was the first SB since SB III to not feature one of those teams I listed, the first in a dozen years to not feature returning contestants.  The Bengals and 49ers both came out of left field that year.  And it was the first SB to be held in a cold-weather city, and Detroit to boot.  I loved the Silverdome and visited a couple dozen times, but it's one of the last places you suspect they would hold a SB. It was all so unique, and I think that drew a lot of extra eyeballs.  My theory, anyway.  

[Image: pontiac-silverdome-demolition-detroit-lionsjpg.jpg]

The Silverdome today ...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7-Uc4Qjc61zx0rhOZpWw...g&usqp=CAU]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:09 AM)Nepa Wrote: No respect as yet. Rams have three first-team All-pros (Kupp, Donald, Ramsey) and SF has two all-pros (Samuel and Williams).

Bengals have zero first-team all pros. 

KC also has zero first-team all pros.
All pro is still a popularity contest..Some skill is involved, but getting the designation is mostly luck.. It's irrelevant ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 10:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think they would be slight favorites over SF, but underdogs by at least 5 to the Rams because they are the new darlings.  

And really freaking good? Just going to ignore that part? Lol
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 01:47 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: I wonder why that is? Pretty crazy to think it. Maybe we'll get a primetime game next year that is on Sunday/Monday night.

We will get multiple Prime time games next year. 
Here are some good potential games.

Bengals vs Chiefs
Bengals vs Titans
Bengals vs Bills
Bengals vs Ravens
Bengals vs Steelers

I am hoping for 

Bengals vs Dallas on Thanksgiving.
Reply/Quote
We're the underdogs from here on out, but don't tell that to JoeyB..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

As of 2015 ...

It's still the highest rated SB ever as of now, don't know about highest rated sporting event.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 02:03 PM)pookdogg7 Wrote: It's still the highest rated SB ever as of now, don't know about highest rated sporting event.

This is insane to me. Like there have been so many awesome SB since then. And increased viewership etc just crazy to think one of those SB has not had higher ratings,
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 01:57 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: pontiac-silverdome-demolition-detroit-lionsjpg.jpg]

The Silverdome today ...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7-Uc4Qjc61zx0rhOZpWw...g&usqp=CAU]

Yeah, it's sad to see how it all ended.  I spent many a Thanksgiving there.  
Reply/Quote
The rams are the most complete team left.

We have a legitimate weakness in our offensive line. Whoever advances from the nfc will have a big advantage with their dline. The rams scare me the most with the best interior dlineman in the game going against (likely) the weakest interior line in the game. Not to mention von miller and everyone else.

I would put the bengals as a definite underdog against the rams. They are such a complete team and have an enormous advantage up front. They have the potential to legit blow us out. That’s not to say we can’t win with Burrow.

The 9ers I think would be a closer game and I think we can definitely win. I would slightly favor us because our QB is significantly better.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 02:06 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: This is insane to me. Like there have been so many awesome SB since then. And increased viewership etc just crazy to think one of those SB has not had higher ratings,

Well, there's been SBs with more viewers, but I'm pretty sure the rating has to do with percentage of viewers. Still crazy.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 02:06 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: This is insane to me. Like there have been so many awesome SB since then. And increased viewership etc just crazy to think one of those SB has not had higher ratings,

I think the issue is there are more things to watch now because of cable/satellite gives people more option. So more people might watch another Super Bowl, but because there was few options to watch other tv programs, that SB between the Bengals vs 49ers may had a higher percentage of viewership watching that game at that time. That SB may never be topped because there are more options to watch other things on TV these days. 
Reply/Quote