Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
If We Pull Off the Win in KC ,Will be be the Favorites in the Superbowl?
I predict the following lines...

+4 vs Rams
-1 vs 49ers

I do think the Bengals would be slightly favored over SF just because of the QB advantage.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 02:01 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: We will get multiple Prime time games next year. 
Here are some good potential games.

Bengals vs Chiefs
Bengals vs Titans
Bengals vs Bills
Bengals vs Ravens
Bengals vs Steelers

I am hoping for 

Bengals vs Dallas on Thanksgiving.

I think Bengals @ Saints is also a decent possibility because of Burrow and Chase returning to Louisiana.
Reply/Quote
I think we play Better when listed as the Underdog.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 03:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think we play Better when listed as the Underdog.

This team is going to have to find a way to succeed when everyone is expecting them to, because it's going to be hard to imagine anyone doubting Burrow and the Bengals going forward.  I can see us being underdogs to the Rams (plus the SB is in their home stadium, is it not?) but SF?  Nah.  Next year?  The experts are going to put us in the SB next year regardless of what happens this year.  We're going to be the trendy pick to go all the way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 02:30 PM)pookdogg7 Wrote: Well, there's been SBs with more viewers, but I'm pretty sure the rating has to do with percentage of viewers. Still crazy.

Yep, in terms of rating (percentage of households with a tv set) it is still ranked number four all-time behind the final ep of M*A*S*H, the reveal of JR's shooter on Dallas and Part VIII of Roots.  It got a 73 share (percentage of tv sets in use) and is still the highest rated SB of all time (SBXVII is in fifth place on the list).
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 03:30 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I think Bengals @ Saints is also a decent possibility because of Burrow and Chase returning to Louisiana.

I forgot Bengals vs Bucs.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
More people might just tune in just because it might be the Bengals.. That IS a rare occurrence. We all get cicada invasions more often than Bengal appearances in the SB..  Hilarious  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:37 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I could see Cincinnati either being favorites or slight underdogs to the 49ers but Cincinnati would be heavy underdogs against the Rams, as they should be IMO.

By heavy, you mean... ???   We may be underdogs but after beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead, I say no way we should be heavy dogs.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 03:28 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I predict the following lines...

+4 vs Rams
-1 vs 49ers

I do think the Bengals would be slightly favored over SF just because of the QB advantage.

I think those lines are about spot on.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 04:53 PM)Science Friction Wrote: By heavy, you mean... ???   We may be underdogs but after beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead, I say no way we should be heavy dogs.

Okay then, how about economy-sized underdogs?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 04:55 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Okay then, how about economy-sized underdogs?

That sounds better. lol
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 04:53 PM)Science Friction Wrote: By heavy, you mean... ???   We may be underdogs but after beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead, I say no way we should be heavy dogs.

I consider the Bengals to be heavy dogs against KC this week. I would expect Cincinnati to be 5 or 7 point underdogs against the Rams, potentially. It would be a home game against them - Super Bowl is in Los Angeles at the Rams home stadium.
Reply/Quote
I think this may be a benign issue here as I believe the ratings during the playoffs are mostly, if not all, based on records.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 01:38 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: No matter who we play, it'll probably be Bengals +7.  Even if we win the Super Bowl, we'd probably still be #3 in next years Power Rankings.
We're not media darlings and likely never will be.

If, heaven forbid, we lose this weekend, I almost guarantee the first power rankings of next year will have us around #10.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 04:43 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I forgot Bengals vs Bucs.

I hope not, I'm planning on going to that game and I was anticipating a 1pm Sunday game. I don't want to take the kids to the game on a school night, especially since we live 2 hours from Tampa and would probably need to get a hotel for the night.
Reply/Quote
Very unlikely. Especially considering the Superbowl will be pretty much a road game for us, if we make it. I think being the underdog is better for us anyway.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 05:21 PM)Earendil Wrote: I hope not, I'm planning on going to that game and I was anticipating a 1pm Sunday game. I don't want to take the kids to the game on a school night, especially since we live 2 hours from Tampa and would probably need to get a hotel for the night.

What if it were a 4:15 pm game?

I doubt it would be a 4:00 pm game?
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:22 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: What if it were a 4:15 pm game?

I doubt it would be a 4:00 pm game?

That would be fine, I just don't want it to be a prime time game.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 05:21 PM)Earendil Wrote: I hope not, I'm planning on going to that game and I was anticipating a 1pm Sunday game. I don't want to take the kids to the game on a school night, especially since we live 2 hours from Tampa and would probably need to get a hotel for the night.

That'd be one I wouldn't feel bad having my kids miss school for.  They don't play on the road there all the time, live it up and make it an experience! 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 01:52 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: No.

Rams have the most complete team left and SF beat us in the regular season.

This. But I like our chances especially against SF. With Donald and the Rams they will be really tough for us but we were tested 
by a team similar in the Titans already and we won. The Rams are a lot like the Titans just more explosive in the passing game,
and not near as physical of a running game.
Reply/Quote