Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If by some miracle
AJ is just bridging the gap. And he is talented enough to surprise us in he right circumstance.
Reply/Quote
If AJ wins us a super bowl this year idc who starts next year hell idc if we suck next year I just want that damn super bowl
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 03:17 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: and made some very bad reads.
still a lot of problems with McCarron.
He has a long release and is wild on anything over about 10-15 yards. 
He's still oblivious to pressure. 

He showed some good zip and placement on short to intermediate throws. 

This guy..............

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 03:17 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: and made some very bad reads.
still a lot of problems with McCarron.
He has a long release and is wild on anything over about 10-15 yards. 
He's still oblivious to pressure. 

He showed some good zip and placement on short to intermediate throws. 

Some folks were "happy to see what we have" in McCarron during the gameday thread. :snark:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 05:07 AM)BigSeph Wrote: This guy..............

You saw it differently? A pick six....a pick deep in our own territory that led to 6....a horrible duck to Marvin Jones along the sidelines on 3rd down when all he had to do was hit the wide open receiver underneath for the first.  He's a good backup.  That's it.  Hopefully more reps lead to better decision making.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I mean, you can always look at what happened to the 49ers. They had a talented team, stuck with Kaep, let Smith walk. And look who's still starting.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
This would be the ideal Alex Smith vs. Colin Kaepernick scenario, and we know how that turned out.

AJ looks like he is a gunslinger, our team is currently predicated on big but careful plays (no turnovers). In the brief look I see a little Brett Favre without the mobility.

Our team is totally stacked, it can suffer 1 major injury to a man. Several injuries and no team can win (pittsburgh has been fighting theirs all year).

With AJ Green, GIo, and Eifert on the team- anything is possible. Just get the ball in their hands. Green will level up in the playoffs, I don't see him backing down this year. He's going to have to dive for those damn balls.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 05:07 AM)BigSeph Wrote: This guy..............

Says the ass monkey who only returned when Andy got hurt. 
You are a Bama fan who only cares that McCarron is playing. You are a joke 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 05:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: You saw it differently? A pick six....a pick deep in our own territory that led to 6....a horrible duck to Marvin Jones along the sidelines on 3rd down when all he had to do was hit the wide open receiver underneath for the first.  He's a good backup.  That's it.  Hopefully more reps lead to better decision making.

And trying to launch it deep to AJ when he was wide open vs the cover 2 in between. 
Reply/Quote
Let's see, 5 year veteran playing his best season and leading the league, or a 2nd ear rookie who just made his first start. Not bashing AJ, but it isn't even close....
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 01:36 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: When Dalton's thumb is healed, he's the starter.

Stone Cold Lock of the Century, of the week.

Yep. 
To much time and progress to just toss away. Hurry back Dalton. I've waited couple decades for a run again Rock On
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 02:51 AM)eoxyod Wrote: You stay with Dalton and it's not really close. Plus the receivers were bailing out McCarron a lot today. He was throwing high on basically every pass

This!!!!
Give me a healthy Andy. AJM may very well be a good qb in the league, but we got one having a dominant season that has shown progression every year but last season when he had no targets. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 05:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: You saw it differently? A pick six....a pick deep in our own territory that led to 6....a horrible duck to Marvin Jones along the sidelines on 3rd down when all he had to do was hit the wide open receiver underneath for the first.  He's a good backup.  That's it.  Hopefully more reps lead to better decision making.

Here's what I saw-

On the pick6, he's throwing off his back foot with a guy's helmet in his chest, didn't get enough on the throw.  Gay bird-dogged it because he's a vet CB and McCarron himself said they fooled him on the coverage.  Go watch the play and tell me what you think of Whitworth's block.  He has to at least get into the defender for 2-3 seconds and then move down to block.

Quite frankly those are not the kinds of calls you want to make when you are backed up near the goal line, putting a green QB in that situation.

So some blame goes to Hue on that playcall, some to Whit, and some to AJ.  I'll spread that blame around.

The duck to Marvin was just a bad throw.  It happens.

The INT to Sanu, the ball was over the middle and high, worst combination in the NFL.   100% on AJ's shoulders there.

I think the claim that he's "oblivious to pressure" is the most ignorant comment made by Royce (and it's not the first time he's claimed it).  AJ did the old Peyton Manning "dive" move when Allen and McClendon were converging to sack him, and both of those guys got hurt instead of AJ.  When he did get pressured he moved out of the pocket and threw the ball away, except for 5/7 step drops where his plant point was being converged on by defenders and all you can really do in those situations is slide up in the pocket.  If the pocket is in your lap already, you can't do much.

Now don't think that I'm unwilling to criticize AJ, because he was sailing throws over the middle to WRs.  Those throws will get picked off if his WRs don't sacrifice themselves over the middle, and if they do that, they increase the likelihood that one of them will get hurt.  He had Marvin moving to the sidelines on a scramble play but didn't set his feet and point his shoulders to get the completion.

But some things that are being taken for granted-

AJ had very few reps w/ the 1st team in practice this week, so timing will be better next week with WRs.

QBs who come into those situations in a rivalry game and don't completely poop the bed are rare.

No delay of game penalties, he seemed to be comfortable changing/flipping plays and reading defenses.

He moved through his first 2 reads consistently, panicked when required to throw to 3rd or 4th read - this will improve as the game slows down for him.

There are basically 2 legitimate criticisms of AJ from Sunday's game-

I expect a much better performance next week.  But really, a lot of NFL teams would love to have these 1st world problems where a backup QB enters the game with barely any NFL experience and completes 67% of his passes, 9+ YPA, and has a higher QBR than his HOF counterpart across the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 09:16 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: And trying to launch it deep to AJ when he was wide open vs the cover 2 in between. 

That was a good read, didn't put enough on the throw.  That's where you have to go with the ball though.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 09:15 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Says the ass monkey who only returned when Andy got hurt. 
You are a Bama fan who only cares that McCarron is playing. You are a joke 

1) Not a Bama fan

2) I am a McCarron fan, thus since he is a Bengals player, seems relevant to discuss McCarron on a Bengals forum.

3) How do you go through life being so negative and dismissive of everything?  Is that fun?  To be a curmudgeon?
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 01:57 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It really depends on how well he plays.  IF he won the Super Bowl or even got us there, I would have to think long and hard about trading Dalton.  

Here's why:

1.  After his performance this year, Dalton would bring a 1st rounder.
2.  His $20 million dollar contract could be used to essentially bring back and extend EVERY key player on this team.

I'm not saying I would do it, but IF you went deep in the playoffs with AJ, then you could make a strong argument for keeping the entire team together and also adding 2 1st round picks in this year's draft.

AJ Could also be traded at that point.

To me it wouldnt be about just getting a playoff win but how the QB played in it. But still Dalton would be my starter in 2016 if he cant return sooner. and see if he can pick up right where he left off.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 02:11 PM)BigSeph Wrote: That was a good read, didn't put enough on the throw.  That's where you have to go with the ball though.

No it wasn't.
It was a terrible read and terrible throw.

The window was between the CB and S. He tried to throw it into coverage deep vs the S. It should have been thrown mid-range in the gap where AJ sat the route. Please. 
Stop being a dolt. 

[Image: CWMuvoBU8AAMhSG.jpg]

there's the play. AJ is open. McCarron just blew the throw and read. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 02:13 PM)BigSeph Wrote: 1) Not a Bama fan

2) I am a McCarron fan, thus since he is a Bengals player, seems relevant to discuss McCarron on a Bengals forum.

3) How do you go through life being so negative and dismissive of everything?  Is that fun?  To be a curmudgeon?

1.) Liar. 

2.) Odd that you are such a staunch McCarron fan but not a Bama fan. Liar. 

3.) Strangely, only moronic turds like you bring this out of me. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 02:27 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No it wasn't.
It was a terrible read and terrible throw.

The window was between the CB and S. He tried to throw it into coverage deep vs the S. It should have been thrown mid-range in the gap where AJ sat the route. Please. 
Stop being a dolt. 

[Image: CWMuvoBU8AAMhSG.jpg]

there's the play. AJ is open. McCarron just blew the throw and read. 

Let me get this straight-

To you, throwing to the open WR is a bad read?

Is McCarron responsible for global warming and the stagnant US economy too?

Everybody knows how to beat cover2.  Laserbeams to WRs between the CB and S along the sideline and drag+post combinations over the middle.  Smash routes by slot+TE, post corner+fly combos on one side. You think AJ, an NFL QB, is unaware of this?

He seemed to make the proper read, but just screwed up the throw.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 02:28 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 1.) Liar. 

2.) Odd that you are such a staunch McCarron fan but not a Bama fan. Liar. 

3.) Strangely, only moronic turds like you bring this out of me. 

Great rebuttals.  I tell you what the deal is, and you call me a liar and a moronic turd.
Reply/Quote