Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If it truly is a "New Dey" the Bengals would trade up
If the Bengals had any balls and it were truly a "New Dey" they would trade up and grab their linebacker. They have needed a linebacker for years, there are two really good ones on the board, and both are predicted to be gone by pick 11.

Teams overvalue draft picks. Trade your first and a third and move up and get your guy. Lets stop ***** around.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are terrified of trading up in early rounds ever since the Ki-Jana Carter pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought the "New Dey" thing was taken out back and put out of it's misery after free agency proved it's "Same Dey".

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If they make a nice trade back and still get a top 4 OT, I'll be saying WOO HOO DEY!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 03:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If the Bengals had any balls and it were truly a "New Dey" they would trade up and grab their linebacker. They have needed a linebacker for years, there are two really good ones on the board, and both are predicted to be gone by pick 11.

Teams overvalue draft picks. Trade your first and a third and move up and get your guy. Lets stop ***** around.

yeah lets give Taylor less important draft picks to work with his first few years for 1 guy... Sounds like a winner.  cost to move up higher than we are is nuts.  1st and 3rd might move us up 2-3 spots

I'd rather trade back in the first if who we want isn't there get an extra day 2 pick.

Then use day 3 leverage to move up and down the boards in round 3/4
Reply/Quote
When was the last time a team traded up into the top 10 for an off the ball linebacker? I know the Bills gave up a ton last year for Tremaine Edmunds but that was at pick 16 or 17...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 03:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If the Bengals had any balls and it were truly a "New Dey" they would trade up and grab their linebacker. They have needed a linebacker for years, there are two really good ones on the board, and both are predicted to be gone by pick 11.

Couldn’t agree more. All this talk of trading back makes me sick. Go out and get the guy we need.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 03:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah lets give Taylor less important draft picks to work with his first few years for 1 guy... Sounds like a winner.  cost to move up higher than we are is nuts.  1st and 3rd might move us up 2-3 spots

I'd rather trade back in the first if who we want isn't there get an extra day 2 pick.

Chicago, Houston, and KC all traded up for one guy. They were all playoff teams last season.

Reply/Quote
Trade up, trade down, whichever - just do something innovative and creative for once to suit the team's glaring needs.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 03:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah lets give Taylor less important draft picks to work with his first few years for 1 guy... Sounds like a winner.  cost to move up higher than we are is nuts.  1st and 3rd might move us up 2-3 spots

Draft picks are overrated. If I were the Bengals I would trade every draft pick they have this year for proven quality NFL players. Kind of like the Browns did with OBJ. 
Reply/Quote
Schefter just tweeted out that the Steelers are aggressively trying to move up in the draft to acquire defensive talent...
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 04:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Schefter just tweeted out that the Steelers are aggressively trying to move up in the draft to acquire defensive talent...

You know they’re still pissed about WJ3. They’re going to screw us and steal one of the LBers we need.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 04:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You know they’re still pissed about WJ3. They’re going to screw us and steal one of the LBers we need.

Watch it happen. 
Reply/Quote
I see rumors both the Falcons and Steelers are trying to trade in front of us and Denver to get a LB. If they are willing to move from the 20’s for those guys, we should be willing to move up from 11.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 04:14 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I see rumors both the Falcons and Steelers are trying to trade in front of us and Denver to get a LB. If they are willing to move from the 20’s for those guys, we should be willing to move up from 11.

Absolutely.

Reply/Quote
Duke Tobin is much too conservative in nature to trade up in the draft. hes not a risk taker at all.
Reply/Quote
Meh I would rather trade down and get some extra picks especially in the third.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 04:56 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Meh I would rather trade down and get some extra picks especially in the third.

We have 11 picks. We do not need to trade down or need anymore picks. And I would hope the bengals fo is not stupid enough to actually make 5 selections in the 6th.. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 05:06 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: We have 11 picks. We do not need to trade down or need anymore picks. And I would hope the bengals fo is not stupid enough to actually make 5 selections in the 6th.. 

That's where the Tom Bradys are. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Bengals can surely hit on a couple good players with those 6th rounders.
Reply/Quote