Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If my calculations are correct...
For the Chargers V Bengals to be moved to Sunday night, it will need to be announced no later than this coming Wednesday.

I bet a lot of that hinges on the Chargers winning tonight.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: For the Chargers V Bengals to be moved to Sunday night, it will need to be announced no later than this coming Wednesday.

I bet a lot of that hinges on the Chargers winning tonight.

Have they ever flexed a 1PM game to the night? Thought historically it was the 4 PM games getting flexed.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
That'll interfere with Yellowstone. Leave it at 1pm... Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:19 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Have they ever flexed a 1PM game to the night? Thought historically it was the 4 PM games getting flexed.

I don't know that the original start time matters because they have to announce it 12 days before the game is scheduled. 

I could be wrong though. I just remember the 12 days that it used to be. They could have changed the criteria. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That'll interfere with Yellowstone. Leave it at 1pm... Wink

Just tape it!

Joe Burrow is Mr. Prime Time!

NICKNAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Just tape it!

Joe Burrow is Mr. Prime Time!

NICKNAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You still using a VCR ?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You still using a VCR ?

I say that all the time too.  'DVR it' is just too clunky.  Guess 'record it' would work.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Betamax, cuz.

[Image: frasier-niles-crane.gif]

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:29 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I say that all the time too.  'DVR it' is just too clunky.  Guess 'record it' would work.  

The funny thing is, when i'm talking to someone i say "dvr it" but when i'm typing i tend to go "tape it".

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: NICKNAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: the-office-michael-scott.gif]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
So looking at the schedule that week, another possibility to be flexed is the Ravens @ Stealers game. Combined they have better records than us and LA, especially if the Stealers beat the Chargers tonight. Or, have one or both of those teams maxed their primetime appearance quotient?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: [Image: the-office-michael-scott.gif]

Murdock "your pay if you don't stop making nickname threads by" 2420

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:58 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: So looking at the schedule that week, another possibility to be flexed is the Ravens @ Stealers game.  Combined they have better records than us and LA, especially if the Stealers beat the Chargers tonight.  Or, have one or both of those teams maxed their primetime appearance quotient?

Ravens are smoke and mirrors and the Steelers are paper tigers. A couple years ago, i could see it. After the Chargers win tonight, Bolts v Cats is going to look way more appealing. Especially after the Bengals beat the Steelers and the Chargers beat the Broncos next week.

It's going to be epic. 

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ravens are smoke and mirrors and the Steelers are paper tigers. A couple years ago, i could see it. After the Chargers win tonight, Bolts v Cats is going to look way more appealing. Especially after the Bengals beat the Steelers and the Chargers beat the Broncos next week.

It's going to be epic. 

Ravens Steelers gets better ratings so they’ll go with that

It’s why the nfc east gets multiple Sunday night games every year, despite being a poor division
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Ravens Steelers gets better ratings so they’ll go with that

It’s why the nfc east gets multiple Sunday night games every year, despite being a poor division

Ain't happening. 

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ain't happening. 

Yeah, I'm pulling for us being flexed because I'd be there for it.  It' be nice to have a home, non Thursday night game that didn't involve Pissburgh.  But, honestly, we know that if NBC has a choice between us and them, they'll go with them.  A Hard-hitting division battle between two teams with a grudging respect blah blah blah.   
Reply/Quote

You guys record things? I usually have to rush home to catch Sullivan, this could be a game changer.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:19 PM)phil413 Wrote: You guys record things? I usually have to rush home to catch Sullivan, this could be a game changer.

Yep and i'll tell you what...i'm not sure how the Tonight Show is going to work out. Who the hell is this Johnny Carson guy anyway. 

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Ravens Steelers gets better ratings so they’ll go with that

The networks are allowed to protect a certain number of games from being moved.  Both the Steelers and Ravens have already been scheduled for the maximum number of primetime games so it is very unlikely that this game would be flexed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:26 PM)pally Wrote: The networks are allowed to protect a certain number of games from being moved.  Both the Steelers and Ravens have already been scheduled for the maximum number of primetime games so it is very unlikely that this game would be flexed

That's good news, and the only thing that would work aganst them.  NBC loves to show the Stealers like ESPN loves to show the Yankees/Red Sox.  
Reply/Quote