Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Bengals don't take your guy...
To those who absolutely think Sewell should be the pick:

If they go Chase, who would be your top 3 o-line prospects you would target in round 2?

To those who absolutely think Chase should be the pick:

If they go Sewell, who are the top 3 wide receiver prospects you would target in round 2?
Reply/Quote
No matter whom we take in at #5 (assume we don’t trade down), I want a guard/center prospect. Dickerson/Meinerz/Humphrey.
Reply/Quote
The old "Fire Marvin" threads are jealous that "Chase or Penei" are getting too many of their own threads...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I want Chase because I like round 2 OL WAAYYY more than round 2 WR’s.
Unless Bateman or Marshall falls to us in 2nd (I don’t think either will) I don’t want to waste pick 38 reaching for another WR at that spot. At that point I’d switch to a 2nd OL or there could be some good pass rushers available.
Reply/Quote
Cosmi in round 2 for the OL is the one guy that might be there I would like.

Vera Tucker and Darrisaw are long gone at 38 and Leatherwood, and Eichenberg don't excite me at all. Radunz could be a steal but it is so hard to determine how he will transition to the NFL.

Meinerz in 3 would be my favorite guy on the line no matter who we take in 1 and 2.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 08:41 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: No matter whom we take in at #5 (assume we don’t trade down), I want a guard/center prospect.  Dickerson/Meinerz/Humphrey.

You couldn't pay me to take Landon Dickerson in this draft before round 4 or 5. I'm over the Bengals drafting broken players. Same reason I have no interest in the tackle from Stanford Walker Litttle or Davis from Ohio State. No more damaged goods, especially in round 2 or 3 where you need to be getting starters, not projects.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 08:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: To those who absolutely think Sewell should be the pick:

If they go Chase, who would be your top 3 o-line prospects you would target in round 2?

If they go Sewell, who are the top 3 wide receiver prospects you would target in round 2?

Chase at 5

1. Teven Jenkins T Oklahoma ST: VERY likely gone but if he slips he could be a great guard that can kick out to tackle.  Regardless of the short arms he's a plug and play starter from day one. 

2. Alex Leatherwood T Alabama:  He's versatile and though he doesn't pack a punch, you go for the premium position outside.  Descent recovery pick. 

3.  Quinn Meinerz C Wisconsin-Whitewater:  More of a power fit but I'll take him as an anchor for years to come and let the others (Hopkins included) battle at guard.
Reply/Quote
If they take Chase, I want OL in round two. Don't much care who.

If they take Sewell, I don't want a WR in round two unless Bateman or Marshall drops considerably, and perhaps not even then.

Reaching for needs is a poor approach regardless of round for a team drafting this high.
Reply/Quote
I'm kind of hoping Terrance Marshall falls to the 2nd. I'm also intrigued by that North Carolina prospect.
Reply/Quote
Take the big nasty monster to protect your MVP

Then
Bateman
Marshall
Dyami

Maybe one of the Moore’s
Toney would be on the short list but with the character red flag I don’t think he will be on our board
Reply/Quote
Trey Smith, Creed Humphrey, Landon Dickerson. I know that others are rated higher, but they are likely to be gone before pick 38. However, if by some chance Tevin Jenkins were to fall, I'd be thrilled to have him on the Bengals roster.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 10:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You couldn't pay me to take Landon Dickerson in this draft before round 4 or 5. I'm over the Bengals drafting broken players. Same reason I have no interest in the tackle from Stanford Walker Litttle or Davis from Ohio State. No more damaged goods, especially in round 2 or 3 where you need to be getting starters, not projects.

I can sympathize with someone gun shy concerning how the Bengals have been burned but Dickerson is too unbelievable to pass up for me. If you look at his films he treats SEC D-lineman like rag dolls. Super high IQ, nasty and ultra-competitive, he is an o-line coaches dream.

Even with his injury history, he is likely to be gone by 38 anyway. Future All-Pro.
Reply/Quote
Those who think Pitts should be the pick sitting here without an option:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 01:01 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Those who think Pitts should be the pick sitting here without an option:

Wink

Wait wait...

there is something here for you too.

[Image: 20NIKWNFLFLCNSMRYATL?qlt=70&wid=600&fmt=pjpeg]

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 01:01 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Those who think Pitts should be the pick sitting here without an option:

Wink

I'm a Pitts guy too. I think it's crazy that he's barely even in the conversation, because I think he's going to be an elite talent and a nightmare to game plan for...but it is what it is I guess.

Reply/Quote
Teven Jenkins would be the only T that I'd grab at 38 to make up for not going OL at 5. If he's not there, I'm not a big fan of the second-tier. My targets are sprinkled throughout the draft. I'd just carry on with what I would have done anyway- with or without Sewell/Slater- instead of forcing square pegs into round holes:

- Creed Humphrey, IOL, Oklahoma (R2)
- Wyatt Davis, G, Ohio St (R2-3)
- Quinn Meinerz, IOL, Wisconsin-Whitewater (R3)
- D'Ante Smith, T, East Carolina (R4-5)
- David Moore, IOL, Grambling (R5)
- Sadarius Hutcherson, IOL (R5-6)
- Larry Borom, G/T, Missouri (Day 3)

I'm also intrigued by Spencer Brown (Nor. Iowa, T) and Josh Ball (Marshall, T). I'd give them a heavy look. That said, they can't be the first guy you take.
Reply/Quote
Assuming Jenkins/Darrisaw/Leatherwood are all 1st rounders....

If the pick is Chase at #5:
Liam Eichenberg
Creed Humphrey
Sam Cosmi

If the pick is Sewell at #5:
Creed Humphrey
Liam Eichenberg
Trey Smith

- - - - -

I'm pretty sure I did this right.

I like Dyami Brown in the 3rd if Sewell is the pick at #5. I think the only non-OL I would consider taking in the 2nd is Pat Freiermuth, but I would still prefer OL over him. No Dickerson. Even Trey Smith is iffy, but if he's medically cleared, then hopefully that's past him. I trust a guy getting over one specific medical condition than I do a guy who just has been hurt 4 out of 5 years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I failed your reading comprehension exam.

Let me try this again.

I want Sewell.

So if we take Chase at 5 my OL wishlist for 38 is a bunch of guys I’m unsure of.
Jenkins -pipe dream, unless there is serious long term back injury concerns
Eichenberg- love this guy, not sure what others see that I don’t not projecting him as a 1st
Cosmi - oozing with athletic ability but I could see him busting
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 08:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: To those who absolutely think Sewell should be the pick:

If Bateman slid, I would take him in the second if they took Sewell.  I highly doubt he does, though.

I would have to pass on Marshall in the 2nd now that medical issues have crept up at the combine and I really don't want to spend a Day 1 or 2 pick on damaged goods.  We've been burned way too many times on stuff like this.

Tony, Rondale, and Elijah all project as slot guys, so really aren't much use to us.  Dyami Brown is too big of a reach at 38, not to mention that build up speed, bad hands, and a limited route tree make him extremely high risk.  

If we took Sewell and Bateman wasn't there in 2, which he almost certainly won't be, I would honestly focus on OL and Edge in 2-3 and get a guy like Collins or Schwartz (or Marshall) in 4 and pray to god they can be coached up quick.  
Reply/Quote
Sewell in the 1st, Wyatt Davis in the 2nd, Meinerz in the 3rd.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote