Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If the Bengals miss the playoffs, Fire Zac?
(09-12-2022, 08:30 PM)Tony Wrote: I get it. I couldn't imagine how much better this team would be with adequate coaching. Burrow and the Bengals were winning in spite of Taylor...

Tony, you can't just judge him on the mistakes and ignore the pluses. He helped build the team that went to the Super Bowl and was at the helm of a team that came a play away from winning a Super Bowl. Now, after one game, where there were five turnovers to zero, you want to run him out of town? Seriously, if you were actually in charge, if you had the power to make the decision, is that what you would honestly do?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 08:38 PM)Tony Wrote: Hell No. He won in spite of Zac. He also had a surgery and lost tons of weight and most likely isn't 100%

Do you think that with what happened last season we should perhaps give him more than one game this year before we start calling for his head on a platter ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 08:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Do you think that with what happened last season we should perhaps give him more than one game this year before we start calling for his head on a platter ?

Maybe I'm overreacting a bit, but Zac has a trend of this stupid stuff now. I just hope we don't look back and say we wasted all this talent with him..
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 08:55 PM)Nepa Wrote: Tony, you can't just judge him on the mistakes and ignore the pluses. He helped build the team that went to the Super Bowl and was at the helm of a team that came a play away from winning a Super Bowl. Now, after one game, where there were five turnovers to zero, you want to run him out of town? Seriously, if you were actually in charge, if you had the power to make the decision, is that what you would honestly do?

I would have to have a better coach already in place..
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:01 PM)Tony Wrote: Maybe I'm overreacting a bit, but Zac has a trend of this stupid stuff now. I just hope we don't look back and say we wasted all this talent with him..

I'll be totally honest. I'm not 100% convinced ZT is "the guy" to be our DeFacto OC ? But I think he needs to be payed out a little more rope as HC.

I would like to learn why they didn't challenge Chase's catch on goal line ?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:01 PM)Tony Wrote: Maybe I'm overreacting a bit, but Zac has a trend of this stupid stuff now. I just hope we don't look back and say we wasted all this talent with him..

Of course you are but it is what it is with Zac.

Last year he screwed up in the Packers and 49ers games pretty bad, and in the Super Bowl he didnt run Mixon.  He also did not call ONE screen pass vs the Rams whose defense ranked last vs screen passes....

That said he has changed the culture of the team, coached through the playoffs very well, and he seems to have an excellent rapport with Burrow.

We have to live with him learning on the job and hope he doesnt repeat his mistakes.

Reply/Quote
If Sean Payton would agree to be the
Bengals HC , then yes
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:11 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If Sean Payton would agree to be the
Bengals HC , then yes

Immediately.. Zac, get your shit outta here lol
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'll be totally honest. I'm not 100% convinced ZT is "the guy" to be our DeFacto OC ? But I think he needs to be payed out a little more rope as HC.

I would like to learn why they didn't challenge Chase's catch on goal line ?

If it was to save a timeout, they burnt it on the very next play... I didn't get that whole sequence.. Don't someone call down and tell him to challenge..
Reply/Quote
Zac would be out of work for about 45 seconds
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 07:31 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm totally off the Zac bandwagon. This mfer just never learns. He does the dumbest shit.. He did at least 3 things yesterday that were totally inexcusable.. I wouldn't even care if they fired him and Pollack now..

wtf is going on around here with these goofy threads? 

[Image: confused-indian.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: wtf is going on around here with these goofy threads? 

[Image: confused-indian.gif]

He makes to many stupid situational mistakes. There is a pattern of it now..
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:20 PM)Tony Wrote: He makes to many stupid situational mistakes. There is a pattern of it now..

I...

don't think you see the irony in these threads. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:20 PM)Tony Wrote: He makes to many stupid situational mistakes. There is a pattern of it now..

Name 3 from last year
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Zac seems like a helluva nice guy. The players seem to love playing for him and he and Burrow really changed the culture from a losing to a winning mindset. I really like what he brings to the locker room .

All that being said, Tony is not completely delusional. Zac Taylor is this team's weakest link. He has shown a pattern of being an atrocious situational coach. Just mind-numbing dumbness, at times. One might say, inexcusable episodes of football lunacy, possibly on a scale not even eclipsed by Marvin. I'm hoping some of that gets better as the season ages but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully, Joe and the other young stars on this team can win in spite of Zac like they did last season. Hang in there, Tony.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:39 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Zac seems like a helluva nice guy. The players seem to love playing for him and he and Burrow really changed the culture from a losing to a winning mindset. I really like what he brings to the locker room .

All that being said, Tony is not completely delusional. Zac Taylor is this team's weakest link. He has shown a pattern of being an atrocious situational coach. Just mind-numbing dumbness, at times.  One might say, inexcusable episodes of football lunacy.  I'm hoping some of that gets better as the season ages but I'm not holding my breath.  Hopefully, Joe and the other young stars on this team can win in spite of Zac like they did last season.    Hang in there, Tony.

He's in his 4th year. He isn't gonna get any better.  His play calling is horrible at times too. His clock management,  and situational coaching has been the same throughout his career.. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: 29c.gif]

I have no idea how some of you get through your daily lives as overly dramatic/reactive you are.

Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow has 5 turnovers and the narrative is really “Zac Taylor sucks”? They weren’t even bad luck picks they were god awful reads. People will do everything in their power to not blame Burrow for anything. Joe Burrow lost the game, full stop. There is no “he almost brought them back” no he still finished -3 in TD to turnover differential.

If Joe burrow doesn’t step on the field yesterday we have a better chance winning that game running 50 times and never throwing than what he did. I love Joe Burrow but it’s okay to say he was awful. We had no business even being in that game yesterday because of Joe Burrow, not because of Zac Taylor’s coaching decisions.

Hell no one knows what Taylor told Burrow. The fact Burrow started taking check downs may have come from Taylor, but around here anything good is Joe Burrow and anything bad is Zac Taylor.

I do wonder how many QBs could turn the ball over 5 times in a game and not be considered THE reason a team lost a game? I can’t fathom Andy Dalton ever getting a pass for turning the ball over 5 times.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Zac would be out of work for about 45 seconds

Yeah, well it would only take 30 seconds to convince a better HC to come here and coach Burrow and Chase and this defense, so there.

But in all fairness,  ZT is likely to be here Burrow's entire career so we may as well settle in for good or ill.  When the books are written we will never truly know what Burrow would have done without ZT and vice versa...well, except for those first 2 years where ZT didn't have Burrow and the team was so bad we had the chance to draft two franchise altering players.

(09-12-2022, 10:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: I do wonder how many QBs could turn the ball over 5 times in a game and not be considered THE reason a team lost a game? I can’t fathom Andy Dalton ever getting a pass for turning the ball over 5 times.

True enough.  The only reason Burrow got to charm us with his "never count him out" magic is because the Steelers weren't able to turn those turnovers into points that would have turned Burrow's big dick energy comeback into garbage time stat-padding.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So is Joe Burrow. How can an NFL QB make the mistakes he made? Should we get rid of him too? 

T

You think Seattle would trade us Geno Smith for him straight up? We like Geno’s here. And he is clearly the best QB in the league now. Week one proves that indisputably. Ninja

Reply/Quote