Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If the Bengals miss the playoffs, Fire Zac?
(09-13-2022, 10:12 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Teams are going to overload a side of our line until we show we can stop it.

This is akin to Lou putting a bunch of DB's at the 1st down marker against Lamar.

you know there is things coaches can do to scheme around that
Reply/Quote
I think Joe Burrow forgot he wasn't wearing a red jersey Sunday.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 10:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: you know there is things coaches can do to scheme around that

Absolutely. Like bootleg and run plays to the other side.

Our coaches...haven't countered it yet.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 10:18 AM)Tony Wrote: Some of these guys are complete homers. Ya can't even as a question around here. They act like Zac is Andy Reid or something..

It’s about results. They went to the Super Bowl. They came close to winning it. The biggest turnaround by a team in NFL history. You act like that didn’t happen. You show your complete bias. You were on Cincy Jungle with this same mantra last fall but went into hiding when they were ultra successful. After one game you start this crap you don’t even hide your bias. You are going to give yourself an ulcer because Taylor will be here a long time.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 07:31 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm totally off the Zac bandwagon. This mfer just never learns. He does the dumbest shit.. He did at least 3 things yesterday that were totally inexcusable.. I wouldn't even care if they fired him and Pollack now..

You think the decisions he made were dumb, the broncos head coach tried to outdo him last night by opting for a 63 yard FG attempt instead of trusting Russ to get 5 yards.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
No I could only see firing Zac after a super bowl season if we do truly dreadful and aren’t competitive.
Reply/Quote
All I'm going to say is that if you think Zac needs fired after yesterday's game, then you also think Burrow needs cut after yesterday's game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 08:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: He just got an extension through 2026 he isn’t going anywhere.

This sums it up. I don't care if anyone wants to have an emotional reaction stemming from frustration over Zac's in-game coaching decisions, but let's agree to accept reality. He's coaching this team for easily 3+ more years.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 11:18 AM)Trademark Wrote: You think the decisions he made were dumb, the broncos head coach tried to outdo him last night by opting for a 63 yard FG attempt instead of trusting Russ to get 5 yards.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I get emotions, especially when a lot of people seemed to think every game this season would be a cake walk. But it was game 1, there were lots of issues. I'm not ready to run around screaming just yet. It's a long season. Let's get more than a game into it before making major statements. And yes, this is from a guy who's never been a supporter of ZT's play calling.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 11:16 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s about results. They went to the Super Bowl. They came close to winning it. The biggest turnaround by a team in NFL history. You act like that didn’t happen. You show your complete bias. You were on Cincy Jungle with this same mantra last fall but went into hiding when they were ultra successful. After one game you start this crap you don’t even hide your bias. You are going to give yourself an ulcer because Taylor will be here a long time.
I've never been on cincy jungle
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 07:36 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: So, you want to fire the coach that coached the team to the Super Bowl, after his first loss in the following year; a game in which the QB turned the ball over 5 times, and the team managed to only lose by 3 points on a last second field goal?

Cool.

Yeah, I like Tony a lot but just don't get this thought at this point. Zac will learn and he did as the game went on. We should 
of still won the game even with all those turnovers, the players really fight under Zac Taylor. This is what I keep seeing and 
saw the same thing once again Sunday. Gonna be a great season if we stay somewhat healthy and we will make the Playoffs
pretty damn sure, just needed to get this sloppy game out of the way early and learn from it.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'll be totally honest. I'm not 100% convinced ZT is "the guy" to be our DeFacto OC ? But I think he needs to be payed out a little more rope as HC.

I would like to learn why they didn't challenge Chase's catch on goal line ?

I wonder if Zac didn't challenge, because he was a bit "overconfident" they'd still be able to score with a 1st and goal from the one, and be able to milk more time off of the clock?  There was close to 3 minutes left in the half, if I'm remembering correctly.  That's the "only" logic I can come up with for not challenging.  It obviously looks terrible in hind sight, but at the time, that's what I wondered to myself.  Similar to how the KC playoff game played out....  Burn the clock and score with little time left in the half.  Obviously, if this was his thinking, it totally blew up in his face....
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 05:03 AM)Tony Wrote: Lol, that's pretty sad on your part... 

You are the type of guy that would cut Tom Brady and Kyle Pitts from your fantasy team after a poor week 1. 
Reply/Quote
You’re not going to fire him this year unless they completely collapse, which I don’t see happening.

I like a lot about Zac Taylor. Think he has a good eye for talent, I think he has a good instinct for hiring staff, and he seems to be well-liked by his players.

He does need to relinquish play calling duties. And if he isn’t already, find a confidant on that staff to slap him in the face when he’s about to make one of his ghastly miscalculations or errors in judgment. His face would have been beet-red after the game, but we’d be 1-0.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Is Tony related to Trademark?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 02:16 PM)TigerStripes Wrote: I wonder if Zac didn't challenge, because he was a bit "overconfident" they'd still be able to score with a 1st and goal from the one, and be able to milk more time off of the clock?  There was close to 3 minutes left in the half, if I'm remembering correctly.  That's the "only" logic I can come up with for not challenging.  It obviously looks terrible in hind sight, but at the time, that's what I wondered to myself.  Similar to how the KC playoff game played out....  Burn the clock and score with little time left in the half.  Obviously, if this was his thinking, it totally blew up in his face....

He said in the presser that he blew it. He was seeing a bunch of people saying it was incomplete and that he thought the review would be whether it was incomplete or not....he couldn't really see the play. So he was telling Joe to get to the line quickly instead of telling him to slow down and let them look at it. Took full responsibility for it, as he should. If you recall, even during the broadcast, they were wondering if it was a completion because he didn't survive the ground with the ball. A lot of folks on here forgot that nugget. Either way, he totally botched that whole sequence.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 03:05 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: You’re not going to fire him this year unless they completely collapse, which I don’t see happening.

I like a lot about Zac Taylor. Think he has a good eye for talent, I think he has a good instinct for hiring staff, and he seems to be well-liked by his players.

He does need to relinquish play calling duties. And if he isn’t already, find a confidant on that staff to slap him in the face when he’s about to make one of his ghastly miscalculations or errors in judgment. His face would have been beet-red after the game, but we’d be 1-0.

I can agree there.....or Joe needs to be a little better on his audibles.(or Zac needs to be better when he installs the audibles) Either way, something's gotta give there.  

The rest of what you said are certainly his best attributes.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 03:18 PM)J24 Wrote: Is Tony related to Trademark?

Finkle IS Einhorn!!

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It's Game 1 of 17. The sky isn't falling - just an unexpected shitstorm popped up.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote