Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
If the season ended today. [Playoff Picture]
I’m happy the Rams are struggling. Hate them guys.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 11:50 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: It’s a weird season so far. The best teams don’t seem all that unbeatable and the worst teams don’t look like the cakewalks they used to. Just looks like a league full of mediocre teams. Maybe it’ll clear itself out in the next few weeks but I can’t remember a season 6 weeks in where we had no clue who was going to make the playoffs. Raiders are 16/16 in AFC and I would not be surprised if they still made it.

Saints are 2-4 in NFC but sure felt like anything but a cakewalk. Steelers just beat the Buccaneers.

Maybe the NFL overdid it with their egalitarian approach, with bad teams getting great draft picks and all that. Now every team is mediocre.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The entire AFCN is either in playoffs or on bubble.

My sanity needs the steelers to have their bubble popped soon.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 09:26 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The entire AFCN is either in playoffs or on bubble.

They aren’t going anywhere, I don’t see how they comeback from 1-4.
Reply/Quote
Steelers are no threat. Supposedly Mitch got benched due to something in the locker room with Johnson.

Pickett is pretty terrible.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 09:50 PM)packerbacker Wrote: They aren’t going anywhere, I don’t see how they comeback from 1-4.

2-4 but agree mostly and will until the fork is stuck into them 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 10:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: 2-4 but agree mostly and will until the fork is stuck into them 

When most of you guys stuck a fork in them last year. I said don't count out the Steelers making the playoffs. 

[Image: pittsburgh-steelers-hoodies-3d-halloween...1661159692]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 11:20 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: When most of you guys stuck a fork in them last year. I said don't count out the Steelers making the playoffs. 

Yeah the NFL had to milk that Rothlisberger cow one last time. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

Wow, no change for us[on the bubble], but Miami goes up 3 spots after beating the Stealers. Had Miami lost we would have the last spot. Hmm
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 03:33 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

Wow, no change for us[on the bubble], but Miami goes up 3 spots after beating the Stealers. Had Miami lost we would have the last spot. Hmm

I guess there's more to it, but I would have thought we'd have the H2H tie breaker with them
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 03:33 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

Many of the 4-3 teams ahead of us have played 5/6 AFC conference games so their conference record puts them ahead of us. I don’t believed head to head plays a factor unless it’s just 2 teams with the same record.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 09:26 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The entire AFCN is either in playoffs or on bubble.

How in the heck did the Stoolers beat Us, Brady/Bucs and then almost beat the Fins w Tua back (and w Kenny Pick6 throwing 3 picks)

Are they better than we are giving them credit for? Can’t stand the Stoolers. Was hoping they would win zero games this year
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 08:13 AM)Whacked Wrote: How in the heck did the Stoolers beat Us, Brady/Bucs and then almost beat the Fins w Tua back  (and w Kenny Pick6 throwing 3 picks)

Are they better than we are giving them credit for? Can’t stand the Stoolers. Was hoping they would win zero games this year

and they will get Watt back soon. 

They're like a cat with 9 lives even in their down years even just to be a thorn in my side apparently. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 08:13 AM)Whacked Wrote: How in the heck did the Stoolers beat Us, Brady/Bucs and then almost beat the Fins w Tua back  (and w Kenny Pick6 throwing 3 picks)

They are well coached... they put 90% of their $$$ into their defense which gives them a chance.

Only thing holding them back is the other side of the ball.

Good news is due to Pittsburgh philosophy of never tanking they will win enough games this year to perhaps stay out of the top 10.  
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 06:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What in the world is the point of looking at this in week 6? Confused

The great think about posting in this forum is we are able to ignore threads and posts we don't understand or agree with and move on to another thread/post.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

TJ Watt wrecked the offensive gameplan. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 09:20 PM)hollodero Wrote: Maybe the NFL overdid it with their egalitarian approach, with bad teams getting great draft picks and all that. Now every team is mediocre.

I think there's more to it. Teams like the Rams traded draft picks to win now and played games with the salary cap.

Some teams go with aging QB's and gave them insanely large deals.

A lot of the young QB's haven't performed. And great QB's like Roethlisberger and several others have retired.

Plus, I think defenses are catching up with the offenses.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 11:20 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: When most of you guys stuck a fork in them last year. I said don't count out the Steelers making the playoffs. 

Well Watt will take their defense to the next level.

IF they keep starting Pickett...they have no chance. He just throws 5 yard passes like every play. Any ball he throws over 10 yards has a chance to be intercepted.
Reply/Quote

Pass rush against our dysfunctional offense (at the time.)
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 06:19 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Many of the 4-3 teams ahead of us have played 5/6 AFC conference games so their conference record puts them ahead of us. I don’t believed head to head plays a factor unless it’s just 2 teams with the same record.

Yes, while Cincy, Miami and LA are 4-3, Miami and LA are 4-2 in the conference while we are 2-2.
Reply/Quote