Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
If the season ended today. [Playoff Picture]
(10-25-2022, 08:13 AM)Whacked Wrote: How in the heck did the Stoolers beat Us, Brady/Bucs and then almost beat the Fins w Tua back  (and w Kenny Pick6 throwing 3 picks)

Are they better than we are giving them credit for? Can’t stand the Stoolers. Was hoping they would win zero games this year

in the end you are your record... it is a parity league. and now the Steelers are 2-5 with only the texans and lions with worse records and have Philly coming up this weekend in Philly.. could be tied with worse record in league after this weekend
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 06:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What in the world is the point of looking at this in week 6? Confused

If I had to choose between this and reading your posts i'd choose this.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 08:13 AM)Whacked Wrote: How in the heck did the Stoolers beat Us, Brady/Bucs and then almost beat the Fins w Tua back (and w Kenny Pick6 throwing 3 picks)

Are they better than we are giving them credit for? Can’t stand the Stoolers. Was hoping they would win zero games this year

I do question how good the Bucs are. They dropped a stinker to Carolina as well. They have a lot of issues to figure out, they will always be a tough out.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 09:50 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I do question how good the Bucs are. They dropped a stinker to Carolina as well. They have a lot of issues to figure out, they will always be a tough out.

The Brady-led Bucs only scored 3 points. 3 POINTS!!! The Panthers, prior to this game, were giving up an average of 24 points per game with the lowest being 14 points given up to the Saints.

If I'm a Bucs fan and I wasn't worried before the Panthers game, I'm downright panicking at this point.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Pats and Bucs should be W's but you can never count out Belicheck or 45 year old Brady.

Just take it one game at a time 1-0
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 06:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What in the world is the point of looking at this in week 6? Confused

The title says what the thread is about. It’s not like you were deceived by it…you decided to open it. If you don’t like certain topics, move on past them and let those that enjoy them actually enjoy them.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I’m only worried about Buffalo and Kansas City at this point. I think the Bengals should beat Baltimore for the division lead, but if they don’t, I don’t think we finish behind all of those teams currently ahead of us. The Bengals are better than Miaimi, NYJ, and LAC…they’ve even beaten a couple of them.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 10:00 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I’m only worried about Buffalo and Kansas City at this point. I think the Bengals should beat Baltimore for the division lead, but if they don’t, I don’t think we finish behind all of those teams currently ahead of us. The Bengals are better than Miaimi, NYJ, and LAC…they’ve even beaten a couple of them.

Tiger

Keep in mind down the stretch that we have head to head against Miami & NYJ because that could be huge coming into January. The Bengals have a tough schedule in the back half but I'm looking at our home schedule mostly. I'm thinking how do we get Home Field w/4/5 loses and who can beat Buff & KC the rest of the way in the AFC. The City of Cincinnati deserves it all the way through the playoffs because....Getting emotional
Reply/Quote
https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
End of week 9.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 10:00 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I’m only worried about Buffalo and Kansas City at this point. I think the Bengals should beat Baltimore for the division lead, but if they don’t, I don’t think we finish behind all of those teams currently ahead of us. The Bengals are better than Miaimi, NYJ, and LAC…they’ve even beaten a couple of them.

Not that I think much of Zach Wilson, but the Bengals beat the Teddy Bridgewater Dolphins and the Joe Flacco Jets. Nobody bragging about beating the Brandon Allen Bengals.

Jets are 5-1 with Wilson at QB.
Dolphins are 6-0 when Tua isn't playing while concussed.

Not really clear the 2022 Bengals are better than them. Ultimately The Bengals need to focus on winning their division games if they want to have a chance. 0-3 isn't a great way to start, then TJ Watt is back, and the Browns own Zac for God knows what reason. Unpopular to hear, but the Browns are only 1.5 games back, dominated the Bengals this year (and the last couple years) and are getting a QB soon. Don't sleep on them... Or the Patriots. Never count out Belichick.

Bengals need to play their best ball after the bye and start stacking wins.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
So this week we should want the 49ers to beat the Chargers and the Browns to beat the Dolphins...

Nope, find that hard to be a fan of with they history and dislike of those franchises.

Bengals just need to handle their own business.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

The Bengals might be better than Miami, NYJ, and LAC, but we don't have any games with them on the remaining schedule and we are chasing them.

That said it isn't whether we are better than them, but can we catch them with the remaining schedule we have? 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 12:51 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not that I think much of Zach Wilson, but the Bengals beat the Teddy Bridgewater Dolphins and the Joe Flacco Jets. Nobody bragging about beating the Brandon Allen Bengals.

Jets are 5-1 with Wilson at QB.
Dolphins are 6-0 when Tua isn't playing while concussed.

Not really clear the 2022 Bengals are better than them. Ultimately The Bengals need to focus on winning their division games if they want to have a chance. 0-3 isn't a great way to start, then TJ Watt is back, and the Browns own Zac for God knows what reason. Unpopular to hear, but the Browns are only 1.5 games back, dominated the Bengals this year (and the last couple years) and are getting a QB soon. Don't sleep on them... Or the Patriots. Never count out Belichick.

Bengals need to play their best ball after the bye and start stacking wins.

If we take care of business it won’t matter. If we get to 11-6 or 10-7, our chances are high. AFC East is going to take care of itself. We also have 2 more games against them, so we get a say in their standings.

Browns will struggle with Watson more than people think (they probably will drop their next 2 anyway). They are a running team and will want to throw more than Watson, probably costing them games.

Dolphins- 4 games against winning teams, 4 against AFC playoff hopefuls (E.G.-CIN, NYJ, MIA, LAC, NE, CLE)
Chargers- 3 games against winning teams, 1 against AFC playoffs hopeful)
Patriots- 6 games against teams with a. Winning record, 3 against AFC playoff hopefuls
Jets- 5 games against teams with winning records 3 against AFC playoff hopefuls

Bengals- 5 games against winning teams, 1 against AFC playoff hopeful. We’ve already beaten two of the playoff hopefuls.

We can only worry about our schedule. If we finish under 10 wins, no shot at playoffs, if we get to 10 good shot, and if we get to 11 highly
Likely.
Reply/Quote
The Browns are a stupid team and part of the reason they get so up for the Bengals is because they're horrendously jealous at what the Bengals accomplished last year because it is exactly what they should have accomplished the year before. About other teams, Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are hitting the wall at the same time. The Bills are in trouble if Josh Allen is hurt, and Patrick Mahomes is beatable. So, literally anything could happen.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 04:29 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

I think the Chargers are the weakest of the teams above the Bengals and the Pats will either lose more games to Miami and the Jets, which would help knock them out, or they might pull some upsets and knock down Miami or the Jets a bit.  

Buffalo has turned out to be mortal, and we all remember how Carson Palmer looked trying to play through an UCL strain.  Not saying they have the exact same injury but I had one myself and they suck.  Pretty much ended my football and baseball career and changed my swim events from distance free to sprint fly and back, because those are largely underwater dolphin kick.

Mixon has turned it on the second half of the season before and carried it the rest of the way. In 2019, Mixon had 817 yards of his 1137 for the season come after a week 8 bye.  That was three years ago, and I have no idea if he has the same stamina, but I know they have a much more balanced offensive attack with Burrow under center than they did Dalton in 2019.

I am very encouraged by the balanced attack last week.  I remember hearing Lapham say that an offensive line doesn't cook in the microwave.  It needs to cook in a crock pot.  It comes together slowly.  Well, if they are truly coming together and they get Reader and Chase back, I think they are at the very least a 10 win team and that should get them in.  

It is truly ANYONES league right now.  
Reply/Quote
Bengals just need to finish the year 5-3. They do that and they are virtually guaranteed a playoff spot. 4-4 makes it harder, but not impossible. They would have to depend on help from other teams. 3-5 or worse and it's game over.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 08:13 AM)Whacked Wrote: How in the heck did the Stoolers beat Us, Brady/Bucs and then almost beat the Fins w Tua back  (and w Kenny Pick6 throwing 3 picks)

In theory, so do I, but then I don't want them getting a really high pick, so let them toil in mediocrity with a Dalton-like limitation.  Their fans will disappear in droves.  Can't wait to see all those piss yellow seats empty.  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 11:02 AM)Synric Wrote: TJ Watt wrecked the offensive gameplan. 

To be fair, he is a stud, but he was going against a statuesque version of Collins.  The Collins we had last week would hold up better.  Ditto virtually every position on the line.  
Reply/Quote
Bengals just need to win the division, and lock up that top 4 seed with at least one home playoff game. I believe that can be achieved by winning their 3 remaining divisional games plus 2 more, going no worse than 5-3 down the stretch. Are they capable of doing better than that? Absolutely, however strange things happen in NFL games and the Bengals need to get healthy at just the right time.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote