Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If this doesn't get Zac fired what will ?
Getting swept by the Browns is absolutely embarrassing....
Reply/Quote
He called a good game and has Burrow's blessing.

He stays.

Lou probably stays too, but Carlos is gone.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:50 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: He called a good game and has Burrow's blessing.

He stays.

So more of the norm of sucking
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:50 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: He called a good game and has Burrow's blessing.

He stays.

Why in hell should Lou stay? He was in way over his head when he was named DC....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He would have to do something inappropriate to Katie. He's not going.
Reply/Quote
Lou has been absolutely freaking horrible the last 2 weeks..I just want competent coaches is that too much to ask??get rid of these peewee leaguers and bring a competent staff..
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:54 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Why in hell should Lou stay? He was in way over his head when he was named DC....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I understood the hire at the time, as Del Rio said no and other legitimate candidates were blocked.

We failed to make a move this past offseason when there were more candidates out there, and I didn't have a problem with giving him a second crack at it.

But now, Wade Phillips has stated he wants to be a DC again, and Dan Quinn is available also.  There are legitimate candidates, and the guy we have is clearly not capable of doing the job.
Reply/Quote
Bengals need to clean house and make an example of coaches and some players.
Reply/Quote
Any real head coach will want full control. Not only is that a big thing now, but with the Bengals, any true, decent HC would demand it.
Reply/Quote
Zac probably won't get canned. Lou absolutely has to go though.
Reply/Quote
Idk what game you saw lol

ZT called a good game. Ain’t his fault the cornerbacks give up miracle catches all game
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Hit Carlos with a sizable fine and fire Anarumo. This is the only way Taylor doesn't lose the locker room. This is as ugly and embarassing as the Pickens situation.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:18 PM)Cicero Wrote: Hit Carlos with a sizable fine and fire Anarumo. This is the only way Taylor doesn't lose the locker room. This is as ugly and embarassing as the Pickens situation.

This.

Otherwise the rookies and young players are going to feel that this franchise doesn't want to improve.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:07 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I understood the hire at the time, as Del Rio said no and other legitimate candidates were blocked.

We failed to make a move this past offseason when there were more candidates out there, and I didn't have a problem with giving him a second crack at it.

But now, Wade Phillips has stated he wants to be a DC again, and Dan Quinn is available also.  There are legitimate candidates, and the guy we have is clearly not capable of doing the job.

If we still had a shot at the playoffs, I would be all for canning Lou.  However, any new DC will be very limited in what they can do this year without the benefit of a training camp.  Their better long term play is to fire Lou at the end of the year as a scapegoat after tanking for draft position, then hire a replacement.
Reply/Quote
While I think Zac is not a good HC and is in over his head... the offense has looked a ton better this year. His draft picks have been bright spots. Higgins, Logan Wilson, sample, yes sample all playing well.

We need to fix this defense and this team can win these games.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: If we still had a shot at the playoffs, I would be all for canning Lou.  However, any new DC will be very limited in what they can do this year without the benefit of a training camp.  Their better long term play is to fire Lou at the end of the year as a scapegoat after tanking for draft position, then hire a replacement.

Getting the players acquainted with a new DC now puts them ahead of the game going into the off season. Talent evaluation by the new coordinator can start right away as well. Yeah they likely have to use the Anarumo playbook etc but with the season shot you don't have anything to lose.  
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: If we still had a shot at the playoffs, I would be all for canning Lou.  However, any new DC will be very limited in what they can do this year without the benefit of a training camp.  Their better long term play is to fire Lou at the end of the year as a scapegoat after tanking for draft position, then hire a replacement.

They will completely lose the locker room before that point.

Not one player on the team will want to sign an extension or new contract with the team.
Reply/Quote
Anarumo should've been fired halfway through the 4th quarter of today's game. ZT will get the rest of the season and if it doesn't get a whole lot better very,very soon, and not just by a little, ZT should be gone January 3rd. 2021.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:18 PM)Cicero Wrote: Hit Carlos with a sizable fine and fire Anarumo. This is the only way Taylor doesn't lose the locker room. This is as ugly and embarassing as the Pickens situation.

Dunlap should have been fined already. When they did nothing, the horse was already out of the barn. It is now running wild. It likely won't end with Dunlap.
Reply/Quote
Somebody should plant 5 or 6 Gatorade's in Zac Taylor car, along with a lock-pick, and send in an annonymous tip to the front office that's he is breaking into the Gatorade that's behind lock and key.

That might me enough to push Mike Brown over the edge.
Reply/Quote