Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we don't make the postseason...
Will that finally get Marvin Lewis fired?
[Image: WiscoFan.png]
Reply/Quote
This may sound crazy but NO. Mikey will just say, well cant go every year. I wish mike Brown would just move on already but everyone knows he wont. Marvin will be here till he retires.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:56 AM)TKUHL Wrote: This may sound crazy but NO. Mikey will just say, well cant go every year. I wish mike Brown would just move on already but everyone knows he wont. Marvin will be here till he retires.

Hoping that's not true.

Honestly, not making the playoffs wouldn't necessarily mean a bad year if Lewis packed his bags.
[Image: WiscoFan.png]
Reply/Quote
The same 10 or so guys who dominate this board will fill it with what ifs and coulda, shouldas.
Reply/Quote
Even if he does, there's been a lot of word out that Guenther would move up to HC. Seen that a few times from people around Bengals orginzation. Not if Marvin gets fired, but they worded it as if he leaves or something along those lines.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:49 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Even if he does, there's been a lot of word out that Guenther would move up to HC. Seen that a few times from people around Bengals orginzation. Not if Marvin gets fired, but they worded it as if he leaves or something along those lines.

Link??

If that happens I may have to actually boycott this team until Guenther is gone (shouldn't take more than a year or two)
Reply/Quote
If we don't make the playoffs I think Marvin retires and gets out before the ship completely sinks....
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 08:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If we don't make the playoffs I think Marvin retires and gets out before the ship completely sinks....

If Marin Lewis isn't the coach for next season I wouldn't even care. We have a serious coaching problem right now, and we don't have the head coach level coaches in our OC and DC positions to mask all of the mistakes the other coaches have. Plus we quality coaches like Joseph too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:44 AM)WiscoFan Wrote: Will that finally get Marvin Lewis fired?

We won't make the postseason.

So time will tell.

Reply/Quote
I the op said "if" we don't make the playoffs... Ha.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:44 AM)WiscoFan Wrote: Will that finally get Marvin Lewis fired?

No.  The only way he leaves is if he retires.  He did not get fired after the 2010 circus of 4-12, so don't expect this year to be any different.
Reply/Quote
I hope to god that Marvin Lewis gets fired. He's been getting carried by his coordinators long enough. When we didn't have head coach quality coordinators the first 8 years with Marvin Lewis we went to the playoffs 2 out of 8 times. With head coach quality coordinators (Zimmer, Gruden, Jackson, and arguably Guenther with Vance Joseph) we have went 5 out of the last 5 times... Now we don't have a loaded coaching staff to make up Lewis's mistakes we look bad. We need to get a new HC and he needs to fire most of the coaches on the staff. That's what this team needs to take a step forward. Otherwise we will need to find head coach quality coaches to make up the mistakes of Lewis and gang, but that seems to only get us one and dones in the playoffs. This team is talented. We just have a extremely poorly coached team right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:49 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Even if he does, there's been a lot of word out that Guenther would move up to HC. Seen that a few times from people around Bengals orginzation. Not if Marvin gets fired, but they worded it as if he leaves or something along those lines.

Thats not true at all. 

Vance Joseph would be the next head coach. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 09:24 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Thats not true at all. 

Vance Joseph would be the next head coach. 

I would love to see us take Vance Joseph away from Miami and make him our HC next year.
Reply/Quote
If he does I only hope that they go outside of the organization and bring in an entirely new staff. The current leadership group has amassed a whopping 0 playoff wins. My fear is they continue with the status quo and promote from within and we keep doing the same thing over and over. I would hope somebody can come in with fresh ideas and really change things around here but I also realize that this is some serious wishful thinking.
Reply/Quote
Times like this are where us spending the last few years talking up how amazing making the playoffs 5 years in a row comes back to haunt us. We debated whether or not this was the golden age of Bengaldom, since Wyche/Anderson/Boomer had some clunker seasons this team didn't. We stated with honesty that we wouldn't trade 5 one-n-dones for a single SB win and a number of crap seasons ala Tampa Bay. We had a few seasons to rub our relative success in the faces of Carson, Chad, TO, Housh, Zimmer, Gruden, and Hue (lucky for us he went to the worst team with the worst luck, so we aren't vying for the basement with him).

But still, if 2011-2015 was such a magnificent age and Marvin Lewis raised the Titanic then why do we expect him to be gone after a single season? We can still go 8-8, and let's not forget that Marvin has never seen winning season where he had to sit out the post-season.

The main point I have and had was that the playoff run was going to be remembered by the way it ends. 5 straight one-n-dones can either be a clear foundation of a team that got it together and won it all, or it can become evidence that Mike and Marvin have fostered a climate where winning a playoff game is tantamount to the Pats/Steelers/Packers/Broncos etc. winning a SB.

This season sucking doesn't undo all those glorious years we've had with Marvin since the shitbag players and coaches who "didn't want to be here" left, so why abandon our golden formula? Maybe this year we can stop deluding ourselves into thinking players who leave and/or don't want to come here and leaving genuine shots at rings behind, at least.
Reply/Quote
Marvin got an extension after a 4-12 season. While we are facing 5-11, 6-10 season, it's still better than 4-12.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 09:56 AM)jj22 Wrote: Marvin got an extension after a 4-12 season. While we are facing 5-11, 6-10 season, it's still better than 4-12.

I'd rather it didn't happen, but I have to wonder how people would react if Dalton or Green called out the medical staff, Zampese, and Marvin all getting gold star extensions at the end of this season if we went 4-12.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 09:26 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I would love to see us take Vance Joseph away from Miami and make him our HC next year.

Man I would be ecstatic if that were to happen (provided Joseph is allowed to choose his own staff... Looking at you Mikey Boy. Back the f*** off  Cool )

As long as we don't promote Paul "Chuck Bresnahan 2.0" Guenther the HC I'll be okay with just about anyone we bring in. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 09:58 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd rather it didn't happen, but I have to wonder how people would react if Dalton or Green called out the medical staff, Zampese, and Marvin all getting gold star extensions at the end of this season if we went 4-12.

I'm shocked nobody has directly called out Marvin after all these years. Sure, Carson, Chad and TJ passive-aggressively did it by asking for trades or simply not re-signing, but never has a player called Marvin out for the dumbass crap he does on game day. By now I figured at least one player would have got in his face on the sidelines. Anytime now.
Reply/Quote