Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we lose both Sanu and Jones
(02-19-2016, 01:37 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: I continue to draft talent and stay the course.

Why give a high pick for a guy that cant crack the field in Minn.  
Trust the process.  It got us here.

These are my general thoughts as well. I'd add that Jones is the free agent loss that can change Bengals strategy, and Sanu has little to do with anything. In my opinion, Jones is a great #2 receiver, and Sanu is a decent slot guy who can go outside in a pinch. You don't want to try moving Sanu outside because he doesn't have the skill set for the position...

If we lose Jones, we need to find a legit #2 who can stretch the field. If we lose Sanu, we need to find a fifth receiving option to pick up any table scraps leftover from AJ, Jones, Eifert, and Gio. I'm not worried about that. A young guy or journeyman can find two catches a game when on the field with those other guys.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, we'll probably sign one guy and draft another in the first 3 rounds to become the #3 and #4 targets in the passing game.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
My first choice is re-sign MLJ, even if it requires a little more $ than you'd like. He just fills the #2 role well with youth, ability, familiarity of the system etc. While I like Sanu, he will be a little easier to replace, maybe even with Alford or a FA slot receiver. WR depth is my main concern at 4 thru 6. This would be a great year to come up with a star to replace Tate, especially if we lose Adam Jones. The draft strategy is really dependent on how successful we are at re-signing our own FA's. Being able to keep all of our draft picks seems to be the best case scenario presently.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Being reported now that Browns are likely to pursue Sanu
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/02/browns_expected_to_pursue_beng.html

With the Browns likely re-signing Travis Benjamin and pursuing Sanu, it could mean one less team pursuing MLJ.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 06:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Being reported now that Browns are likely to pursue Sanu
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/02/browns_expected_to_pursue_beng.html

With the Browns likely re-signing Travis Benjamin and pursuing Sanu, it could mean one less team pursuing MLJ.

Reads a lot like one chick's opinion to me.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 04:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Agree 100%, but he also has elite field-vision and open field running skills.

It seems like there would be some way to get the ball in his hands several times a game.

Treat him like a big Hawkins. Quick underneath stuff,  reverses, dump offs, screens, etc. I would love to has abilities on the roster for sure, but I doubt Id give up a 2nd for him. But I would give up our 3rd round pick for him. And once folks see him returning punts and kicks, with the Hawkins sorta stuff on offense, I think they would be very glad to have him. Then I would make sure we would re-sign Jones as the number 2.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 03:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Trade for Josh Gordon.

Sanu for the rights to Gordon?
Reply/Quote
Draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round, and then also either add Anquan Boldin for a short term addition or Rishard Matthews/Rueben Randle for a longer fix.

NBD.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Why is everyone wanting Anquan Boldin?

I don't want a slow, old receiver .. Although he produces a bit but that's because San Fran has no one else to throw it to..
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I don't see them letting BOTH go. Hopefully they go all-in on one and let the other walk away. I'll trust there decision on that.

But If both tell them they're not resigning, that is not a good sign....
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 08:45 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Why is everyone wanting Anquan Boldin?

I don't want a slow, old receiver .. Although he produces a bit but that's because San Fran has no one else to throw it to..

Because despite being old and slow, Boldin still uses his body among the best in the NFL, still has good hands, still runs good routes, and still fights for the ball.

Marvin Jones puts up 65/816/4 in 16 games with a QB having an MVP-caliber season for 3/4ths of it and AJ Green pulling double coverage, and people want to pay him $7m/yr.
Anquan Boldin puts up 69/789/4 in 14 games with Kaepernick and Gabbert at QB and nobody really helping him, and people say he's old and washed up.

Boldin has over 3,000 yards in his last 3 seasons. Nobody is claiming him to be the long term answer, and nobody wants him to be a #1, but he could be a really nice #2 for one, maybe two years as the drafted WR the Bengals need to take this year gets eased into his role, as WRs often need to in their rookie year.

You're saying the exact same things people said about Steve Smith in Carolina before he came to Baltimore. I don't think there was a single player who did well on the 2015 49ers. They were pretty much the 2010 Bengals, where almost everyone sucked.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 08:45 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Why is everyone wanting Anquan Boldin?

What Leap said and the fact that our owner is Mike Brown. He fits the mold so to speak.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 03:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Trade for Josh Gordon.

Yes please. I hear he's been keeping his nose clean (his suspension was kinda BS anyway) and we're really good with reclamation projects.

AJ Green, Gordon and Eifert? Yowzers.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 09:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yes please. I hear he's been keeping his nose clean (his suspension was kinda BS anyway) and we're really good with reclamation projects.

AJ Green, Gordon and Eifert? Yowzers.

I would honestly be up for it but the question is.. Would Hue be up for it? Big Grin
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 09:47 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I would honestly be up for it but the question is.. Would Hue be up for it? Big Grin

Give him what he wants (McCarron). Of course I'd want more than just Gordon in exchange for McCarron though, given Gordon's risk.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 01:54 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Burn the 24th on Braxton Miller
Trade AJM for draft picks
Bring in Harvin and Boldin

Try to make it all work.

Lol, kind of jumping off the cliff there, aren't you?  With the abundance of WR talent out there, no need to go making trades and burning up 1st round draft picks on projects..

(02-19-2016, 08:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round, and then also either add Anquan Boldin for a short term addition or Rishard Matthews/Rueben Randle for a longer fix.

NBD.

What makes you think that it takes a 1st or 2nd round pick to fill the position of WR2??

Heck, Roddy White will be available, and should be Bengal priced..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
On the bright side playing opposite of AJ has to be seen as a sweet gig by a savy vet with some juice left.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 10:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What makes you think that it takes a 1st or 2nd round pick to fill the position of WR2??

Heck, Roddy White will be available, and should be Bengal priced..

Doesn't take it to fill the position, but it'd be nice to have that dominant 1-2 WR punch for 4-5 years. Think 2015 Brandon Marshall/Eric Decker, 2014 Demaryius Thomas/Emmanuel Sanders, 2013 Demaryius Thomas/Eric Decker, or 2012 Roddy White/Julio Jones..... but for a straight half decade.

Reply/Quote
I wonder how much it would cost to pick up Jeffery from the Bears as WR if we lose Jones and Sanu?
Reply/Quote
James wright?? I forget about him all the time but he'll be in a pretty interesting position with at least one of these guys gone next year.
Reply/Quote