Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we lose both Sanu and Jones
Then we go heavy WR in the draft it looks like.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 04:55 AM)geno182 Wrote: James wright?? I forget about him all the time but he'll be in a pretty interesting position with at least one of these guys gone next year.

Pass on relying on the 7th round pick with 5 career receptions who also missed over a year with a knee injury.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 03:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Trade for Josh Gordon.

McCarron for Gordon?  That's a trade I could get behind.  Both of them have risks, but if Gordon stays on the field (big if) he is a top 10 receiver.  

If the Browns sign a sanu or jones maybe they would pull he trigger on this.  They are probably done with distractions. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Let them both walk and draft some receivers.

Finding decent receivers ain't hard, especially if the Bengals opt to draft one in the first or second rounds.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 09:56 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Let them both walk and draft some receivers.

Finding decent receivers ain't hard, especially if the Bengals opt to draft one in the first or second rounds.

Right, finding receivers ain't hard, plenty of talented guys just sitting around, rotting away on NFL benches because the NCAA puts out so many capable players each and every year.  No need to waste a 1st or 2nd on one, when that pick can be used to draft a bad-ass NT, or 3 down coverage LB.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We don't even know what kind of condition Gordon is in.

I may be wrong, but didn't his game fall off a bit last time he came back from suspension?

Of course crappy Browns QB play could have played a strong part in that as well.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 04:59 AM)magikod Wrote: Then we go heavy WR in the draft it looks like.

That's what i would guess also.  Jones and Sanu accounted for about 100 catches last year. 

How that can be replaced?  Maybe a combination of things.  A couple of rookies, possibly. along with increases in catches by Gio, Eifert, and surprisingly Hill who managed only 15 catches last year.  
Reply/Quote
We all know Hue was a pretty confident guy that has no doubts about his abilities to coach at any level.

Perhaps Zampese might realize, being a newb OC, that he needs offensive players abundant in talent that don't need so much "coaching up"...  in other words, not raw players or rooks to fill crucial WR spots.

This is wishful thinking on my part.

Brown, Tobin, Lewis have first say of course, so it probably won't influence anything.

Hey I gots my dreams.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 10:23 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: We don't even know what kind of condition Gordon is in.

I may be wrong, but didn't his game fall  off a bit last time he came back from suspension?

Of course crappy Browns QB play could have played a strong part in that as well.

I'd chalk that up to rust after missing 11 weeks to start the season.

I think if Gordon played an entire season with a full offseason and TC he'd look much better.

Even rusty though, he still put up 303 yards in only 5 games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Don't really want to trade AJM to the Browns for Gordon. Too risky for a lot of reasons.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 02:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Harvin is a literal headache   does he even stay on the field  i guess only if hes happy if not he has a migraine.

Harvin is an incredible talent and showed up in the big game. Seeing what a "washed up" Ted Ginn Jr did once he got on a solid football team makes me want Harvin even more; plus Harvin is 3 years younger than Ginn.

Buffalo voided the final 2-years of his deal, that's because it was for $9 mil per. However, they do want to try and retain him at a cheaper price. 

Speaking of Buffalo I'd consider giving up something for Robert Woods if they shop him.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'd guess that they'll sign a released veteran and draft a WR early. This organization likes to live by the draft philosophy of taking the best player on their board at the time as opposed to filling a dire need. If MLJ and Mo both walk, receiver is indeed a dire need. The depth chart is AJ plus some guys that may or may not even belong on a pro roster. I highly doubt they go into the draft without at least one proven vet, even if it's a slightly over the hill one. A short term deal with that type of player would allow them to develop whoever they decide to grab in late April.

I still don't discount re-signing MLJ. This team knows full well that replacing a no 2 receiver is anything but a cake walk. The years following TJ's departure were filled with abject failures in FA and very average/disappointing/dumb(Simpson) draft picks.

They might just view giving Marvin 8 mil per as the lesser of the evils in this case. They love going with known commodities and aren't afraid to shell out for them. If you're willing to pay Vinny Rey 15 mil over 3 years (possible true, possibly not), then why not give MLJ some stupid number, too.
Reply/Quote
Baby Hawk may be available, though that's probably because he's gotten a bunch of concussion and probably should retire from the game.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 03:07 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Baby Hawk may be available, though that's probably because he's gotten a bunch of concussion and probably should retire from the game.

Aside from concussions, his height limits him to slot duty and we aren't going 3 wide much these days. Plus he's 30. For a guy that depends so heavily on quickness, he's not going to age well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 01:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Speaking of Buffalo I'd consider giving up something for Robert Woods if they shop him.  

Agreed. He'd be a very good Sanu replacement. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 01:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Speaking of Buffalo I'd consider giving up something for Robert Woods if they shop him.  

If they stick with E.J. Manuel (doubtful), keeping Robert Woods would prob aid them. He seems to have a decent rapport with Manuel.

I've always thought he was underutilized in Buffalo so I would approve of this move.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 08:05 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: McCarron for Gordon?  That's a trade I could get behind.  Both of them have risks, but if Gordon stays on the field (big if) he is a top 10 receiver.  

If the Browns sign a sanu or jones maybe they would pull he trigger on this.  They are probably done with distractions. 

I'd need at least a 2016 4th round pick or 2017 3rd round pick to go along with Gordon in order to pull the trigger on the McCarron trade.

I don't think McCarron is the answer for a starter, but I am fairly certain they can convince someone he is and get a 2nd rounder for him. Even more so if someone who thinks they're a contender has their QB go down in the first 4 weeks or so.

So there's no way 1 year of Gordon is worth the potential 2nd rounder of McCarron, so you need to sweeten that pot.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 02:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Harvin is a literal headache   does he even stay on the field  i guess only if hes happy if not he has a migraine.

Boldin is on his last leg he is slower than sanu i believe.  he would have been nice to have a few years ago.

and Miller is not worth a 1st rounder.... imo  that would be an al davis first rounder... there are many more productive WRs coming out of college.

Couldn't agree more. Boldin might be solid for us at this point in his career, but I'd only pick him up if we could grab another guy to go along with him. Harvin isn't worth it and Braxton Miller might turn out to be good, but I cannot believe we would take him at 24 with only a year at WR under his belt, plus we have 1 guy coming back from injury and 2 guys, one being Alford who we drafted and the other being Kummerow.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2016, 10:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Right, finding receivers ain't hard, plenty of talented guys just sitting around, rotting away on NFL benches because the NCAA puts out so many capable players each and every year.  No need to waste a 1st or 2nd on one, when that pick can be used to draft a bad-ass NT, or 3 down coverage LB.

Agree, but should have drafted one of those spots last year. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 08:36 PM)Beaker Wrote: Sanu for the rights to Gordon?

he has to get reinstated i would love Gordons talent. but dude is 1 fart away from perma banned.

whatever happened to that justin blackmon kid in jax
Reply/Quote