Poll: Who should the Bengals try to get back?
This poll is closed.
Perine
38.46%
25 38.46%
Bell
36.92%
24 36.92%
Hurst
24.62%
16 24.62%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If you can choose just 1
(10-14-2023, 09:47 PM)TheFan Wrote: No I know you didn't say we would get comp picks. I thought you might know for sure. I feel like I've heard them talk about on podcasts that you don't get one for 3rd contracts but I'm not super versed on how they determine comp picks. 

Oh, you're talking about comps for Perine...I thought you were suggesting we didn't get comps for MJ. What you say makes sense. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We're projected to get a 5th comp for Bell and a 7th for Perine in next years draft.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2023, 09:54 PM)J24 Wrote: We're projected to get a 5th comp for Bell and a 7th for Perine in next years draft.

Thanks! What's the cut off for when you no longer get comp picks for a player? Are we also not projected to get one for Bates? I assume would be pretty high given his contract and play. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2023, 10:16 PM)TheFan Wrote: Thanks! What's the cut off for when you no longer get comp picks for a player? Are we also not projected to get one for Bates? I assume would be pretty high given his contract and play. 

We're not getting one for Bates because the Orlando Brown J.R. Contract  cancels out the Bates contract.

I think the deadline is after May 1st but not 100% sure. Also a 10 year + vet can only net you a 5th RD pick or lower.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2023, 12:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Perine is a 28-year-old RB going at 3.7ypc, and he's declined his YPC pretty sharply each of the last 3 years. He's also lost a fumble in each of the last 2 weeks despite only touching the ball 12 times.

TE is a huge need, but Hurst isn't doing much. His yards per catch has dropped again, the 5th year in a row. His yards after the catch per reception has dropped again, the 5th year in a row. I really think he's just kind of burning out. Same reason I didn't want to keep him in FA when I knew he would get paid a decent amount. (Though I expected them to sign or draft someone better than Irv Smith Jr to replace him.)

I'm actually shocked there were so many Perine votes.

Well, I see it like this. We do not use the TE as heavily as other teams because we have so many good WR's. And if we need a pass catching TE, Wilcox and Hudson have looked good. The reason so many votes go to Perine is simply because we have no proven #2 running back. If we lost Mixon, the run game is toast unless that rookie can step up, because Williams and Evans simply have not. 
Reply/Quote
I’m still voting Perine. He has a role here and every program has that player that fits even if they never seem to anywhere else.

Burrow misses him in the passing game and he can take some snaps from Mixon. He can set a tone which we seem to be lacking on offense.

Burrow also misses a te who he’s always leaned on in this offense. Hurst contract isn’t realistic.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 12:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: Which on of our lost FA's would you trade a late round pick for?

All should be available via trade given their team. Which player would help stabilize our team with their return?

Who would be key to a late season run?

None, our record  would be no different why burn valuable capital in draft picks
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2023, 10:24 AM)Mer Wrote: No offense taken. It's a fair question. I feel like the coaching staff just doesn't trust the back ups and Perine would be trusted to spell Mixon immediately. Plus, I love that stiff arm!

The latter is probably true.
I am not sure if the former is true or what other reason(s) there might be for the backups to not get more reps.

This past game against SEA did result in Williams+Brown+Evans getting 15 offensive snaps, which combined would have been 28% of the snaps offensively.
The ARZ game the week prior they did get 16 offensive snaps collectively, but that was only 19% of the total offensive snaps.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Sean Payton is a douche bag. There’s no telling what they told Samaje. He’s got 24 carries and 13 passes. I understand Jaleel McLaughlin has been a surprise but still.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I didn't add CJ but most of his guaranteed is paid and he doesn't have the big cap number for 2024 that Hurst has. He should be available too.

Burrow has always utilized a TE and has never needed a star (Moss, CJ, Hurst). He is missing an outlet receiver that he trusts for dump offs and 5 yard pick ups that aren't apart of a dink and dunk approach with his main receivers.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I think not having Samaje Perine in the backfield this year has had a negative effect on our Offense.With his ability of gaining first downs,but also his excellent blocking ability.

I also miss Hayden Hurst.He gained quite a few first downs for us last year.
Both of these players really fit well in this Offense.

If I could only have one of them back though,it would be Perine.I feel being without him has had somewhat of a negative impact on our Offense.

Which would you choose.

Things aren’t going well,to say the least,in Denver right now.They could probably acquire Perine relatively cheap.
Reply/Quote
We already have this exact same thread.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-If-you-can-choose-just-1

Reply/Quote
They're both gone and they ain't coming back.

Move on.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
I was thinking about this because obviously both of their teams are terrible. Would be a great move to reach out and see if u could get one of them for a 6th rounder. Not sure if we have the cap room, but I’d assume we do.
Reply/Quote
I think our offense is the side that needs a boost at the moment and, between Hurst and Perine, Perine would be the bigger impact. He was so good on third down, providing both a reliable block in pass protection as well as a reliable outlet pass catcher. He also had the chops to take the primary rushing duties for a few weeks, if required.

Hurst was a good tight end and he would provide a reliable outlet for Burrow as well, but he wasn't much of a blocker in either the pass or the run and I would like to see what Tanner Hudson could do in an increased role.

Bell is tempting, but I think Battle will become the full time starter by week 12, and he should be able to provide more value there than Scott has.
Reply/Quote