Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could give total GM/Owner control to one Poster on the Board, who would it be?
If you could give total GM/Owner control of the Bengals to one Poster on this Board, who would it be ?

The entire Brown Family gets bought out and the reigns & money related to the Bengals gets handed to the Poster from this Board that you choose. That Poster can then hire his or her Family members to help run the Bengals or not keep it in the family. Do things as he or she pleases as a Billionaire Owner.

Hopefully, they can make the team perform better.

You can pick yourself if you want and we all would in real life for the money alone but you may want to choose another Poster and make a case for why you chose them or choose yourself.

You may think yourself best and not just be picking yourself for the money but for Football reasons.

Pick who you want and explain why.

Keep in mind that we will all be either praising or bashing that New GM/Owner within a few seasons depending on how well the team does.

Careful what you wish for...
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 03:44 PM)depthchart Wrote: If you could give total GM/Owner control of the Bengals to one Poster on this Board, who would it be ?

The entire Brown Family gets bought out and the reigns & money related to the Bengals gets handed to the Poster from this Board that you choose. That Poster can then hire his or her Family members to help run the Bengals or not keep it in the family. Do things as he or she pleases as a Billionaire Owner.

You can pick yourself if you want and we all would in real life for the money alone but you may want to choose another Poster and make a case for why you chose them or choose yourself.

You may think yourself best and not just be picking yourself for just the money but for Football reasons.

Keep in mind that we will all be either praising or bashing that New GM/Owner within a few seasons depending on how well the team does.

Damn... I was going to totally just say me for the money and not anything to do with football reasons.
If Mike Brown can do it why can't I?
Reply/Quote
I'm for me. Because I'm an outsider.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would just give it to myself. I would hire the best GM I could find, and let them run the team while I sit back and laugh. Doing that right there would be an automatic upgrade to this organization. Obviously I would make sure that we upgrade our scouting department, and medical staff. Then fire the majority of the coaches we have right now too. Probably get an indoor practice field while I'm at it. Then just let the GM pick up the pieces from there... I wouldn't be paying him for nothing.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 03:48 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: Damn... I was going to totally just say me for the money and not anything to do with football reasons.
If Mike Brown can do it why can't I?

Be dumb for any of us not to name ourselves for the money.

Maybe I should have said 1.A. is for ourselves and 1.B. is the next Poster after ourselves we would name.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
Me.

I’d hire a gm. To hire the coach. And the extra scouts. And to draft an updated free agency that makes sense.

And I’d rotate you guys in to watch a game with me in the revamped owners suite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Vote for me, and I'll give you free beer at home games!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Quote from the movie Willow back in the 80's...

"I would pick my own finger."

Have to have confidence in yourself man, tons on this board i would nominate though starting with the dude that
started the board with help from others, Bengalholic. Don't want to name anybody else cause i would leave some
great poster out. But, MB should of hired Wolf as a scout, so i would do this and of course hire a GM who knows
his shit. Would add about a dozen or so scouts to the scouting department etc.

Let all the coaches go, hire the best coach out there, right now i would be looking at Bill O'Brien or Russ Grimm.

Both are offensive minded. Let one of them hire their own coaching staff and get out of the way.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Vote for me, and I'll give you free beer at home games!

Done!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 03:59 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Me.

I’d hire a gm.  To hire the coach.  And the extra scouts.  And to draft an updated free agency that makes sense.

And I’d rotate you guys in to watch a game with me in the revamped owners suite

Being a New Billionaire you should think Bigger.

Build a 1,658 person Suite for all of us to watch the Bengals games in at the Stadium.

Maybe have the Suite hang over the field like the Dallas Cowboys TV/scoreboard does. Glass floor for viewing.

Put one over on the City Council for them to pay to build it.

Think bigger...  Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 03:44 PM)depthchart Wrote: If you could give total GM/Owner control of the Bengals to one Poster on this Board, who would it be ?

You may think yourself best and not just be picking yourself for the money but for Football reasons.

Shocked Hilarious

...you're kidding right....normally only takes a few minutes of the first game for the owner to get bashed...why does the message board GM get the luxury of time!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Vote for me, and I'll give you free beer at home games!

Done.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:23 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Shocked Hilarious

...you're kidding right....normally only takes a few minutes of the first game for the owner to get bashed...why does the message board GM get the luxury of time!!!

You are right.

The new Owner would get bashed immediately.

We would be bringing up their old Posts of them bashing Mike Brown and then use their old Posts as a weapon to bash them for being like Mike Brown in some area like not signing a Free Agent we wanted.

Plus we would be jealous about the money and how it has "changed" them.
Reply/Quote

Dude knows how to bargain...
Reply/Quote

I was going to say me, because I know everything lol, but free beer trumps that!! LMAO
Reply/Quote
Count me in for Sunset! Cheers 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:10 PM)depthchart Wrote: Being a New Billionaire you should think Bigger.

Build a 1,658 person Suite for all of us to watch the Bengals games in at the Stadium.

Maybe have the Suite hang over the field like the Dallas Cowboys TV/scoreboard does. Glass floor for viewing.

Put one over on the City Council for them to pay to build it.

Think bigger...  Wink

Well I wouldn’t start off as a billionaire. I️t would take years of me fleecing the fans and the city before I’d have that kind of cash.

But I can build a party deck for the board, have the ben-gals tailgate with us pre and post game and hire sunset as concessions manager.

I hear he’s supplying free beer!

Reply/Quote
As owner of the Bengals, I would hire bfine as GM and fredtoast as HC. I would let fred decide if he wants to keep Paul Alexander as OL coach. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Whichever one decides the cheerleaders should be topless.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 05:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Count me in for Sunset! Cheers 

I'm counting on you as a preferred consultant.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote